Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Unattend Autologon help

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Unattend Autologon help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have been working on a "Windows 10 1803 Ent" base image that will automatically login with the built-in administrator or a local admin account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by strangebird, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1803 Unattend Autologon help

Hi,

I have been working on a "Windows 10 1803 Ent" base image that will automatically login with the built-in administrator or a local admin account. I have added the component to the unattend file <AutoLogon> as well as the Administrator Password and enabled the built-in admin account via a <RunSynchronousCommand> component.

After sysprepping, I am able to login by entering the password I provided in the unattend file. Any insight into what I may be missing to get it to login by itself. I have tweaked the hell out of this unattend file, trial by fire, and no luck, although I have learned a great deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the unattend file I am using:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="generalize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <DoNotCleanTaskBar>true</DoNotCleanTaskBar>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="specialize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State">
    <ComputerName>*</ComputerName>
    <ProductKey>NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43</ProductKey>
    <RegisteredOrganization></RegisteredOrganization>
    <RegisteredOwner></RegisteredOwner>
    <DoNotCleanTaskBar>true</DoNotCleanTaskBar>
    <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone>
    </component>
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-UnattendedJoin" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State">
    <Identification>
    <Credentials>
    <Username>Administrator</Username>
    <Domain>SomeDomain</Domain>
    <Password>password123</Password>
    </Credentials>
    <JoinDomain>SomeDomain</JoinDomain>
    </Identification>
    </component>
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Deployment" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <RunSynchronous>
    <RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
    <Order>1</Order>
    <Path>net user administrator /active:yes</Path>
    </RunSynchronousCommand>
    </RunSynchronous>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="oobeSystem">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State">
    <AutoLogon>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    <Username>Administrator</Username>
    <Domain>SomeDomain</Domain>
    <Password>
    <Value>password123</Value>
    <PlainText>false</PlainText>
    </Password>
    <LogonCount>3</LogonCount>
    </AutoLogon>
    <OOBE>
    <HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>
    <NetworkLocation>Work</NetworkLocation>
    <ProtectYourPC>1</ProtectYourPC>
    <HideLocalAccountScreen>true</HideLocalAccountScreen>
    <HideOnlineAccountScreens>true</HideOnlineAccountScreens>
    <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>
    <HideOEMRegistrationScreen>true</HideOEMRegistrationScreen>
    </OOBE>
    <RegisteredOrganization></RegisteredOrganization>
    <RegisteredOwner></RegisteredOwner>
    <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone>
    <UserAccounts>
    <AdministratorPassword>
    <Value>somepassword123</Value>
    <PlainText>false</PlainText>
    </AdministratorPassword>
    </UserAccounts>
    </component>
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale>
    <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale>
    <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage>
    <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <settings pass="offlineServicing">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <DriverPaths>
    <PathAndCredentials wcm:keyValue="1" wcm:action="add">
    <Path>\somepathtonowhere\weeeeeeeeeee</Path>
    </PathAndCredentials>
    </DriverPaths>
    </component>
    </settings>
    <cpi*RedfacefflineImage cpi:source="catalog://somepathtonowhere\weeeeeeeee" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
    </unattend>

:)

strangebird, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 1, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1803 Unattend Autologon help

Windows 10 Autologon user doesn't exist!

Hi Elvis,

This issue might have been caused by a software conflict, or a malware or virus. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to gather more information:

• Does your account and administrator account are different user accounts?
    • Have you successfully uninstalled the application?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a system restore. Follow the steps given under Restore from a system restore point in this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 Unattend Autologon help

1. Windows 10 1803 Unattend Autologon help - Similar Threads - 1803 Unattend Autologon

2. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  3. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally: Hello!Day by day in our company we have problem with random cases when autologon stops working. Below u can find my analysis, please if u had some similar cases or u know the cause of this issue please help me. Hostname: x domain objectUser: y domain objectDomain:...
  4. Windows 10 - AutoLogon fails occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 Autologon

WIndows 10 Autologon: We configure our computers to use autologon with the Autologon tool to engrypt the passwords. The auto log work normally on restart. If the computer shuts down due to power issue the computer stops at log on prompt. If you select restart from this screen the autologon...
  6. Windows 10 Autologon İssue

Windows 10 Autologon İssue: Hello, I've problem with autologon. I have set all the features of Regedit to Autologon. All settings are okay. But when i restart computer, it shows the user name i entered but there are 2 boxes under that username. 1. of asks Enter your e-mail adress or phone number, 2....
  7. Autologon

Autologon: How to make autologon work in Windows 10 (I have version 1903) with a Microsoft account? Is it even possible? I can make it work with a local account, but not with an MS account....
  8. Windows 10 autologon failing repeatedly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 autologon failing repeatedly: Using Windows 10; for years have had autologon set (via netplwiz) and working properly to log me into MS account at boot on my personal machine. Occasionally following an update, the autologon would not work, though settings appear not to have changed. No error messages;...
  9. Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED: Hey all, I work for an organization that has deployed Windows 10 (version 1709) across multiple locations and I am tasked with updating those machines to the later version 1809. We use a WSUS for our windows updates and I have deployed the update to 1809 to a test...
  10. Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709

Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709: Hi, Its been a while we trying to resolve an issue with Autologon on Windows 10. We set registry values as recommended by MS to get Autologon done for domain user. Issue is after a reboot of machine autoadminlogon reaches to value 0 and never login . Also default password...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autologon windows 10 1803

2. windows 10 unattend autologon

3. unattend autologon password if user has no password

4. unattend does not autologon,
  5. Windows 10 unattended user login,
  6. unattended windows 10 install xml autologon incorrect password,
  7. windows 1903 unattend autologon,
  8. windows 10 autologon unattend,
  9. unattend infinite autologon,
  10. example of an autologon unattended answer file for win 10,
  11. create an autologon unattended answer file for win 10,