Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so a few weeks ago I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Home, my first installation went fine and everything seemed to be working. I have a gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iAmGrizzly, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility

Okay so a few weeks ago I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Home, my first installation went fine and everything seemed to be working. I have a gaming computer that I built myself and that is mainly what I use my computer for. After the installation I installed Steam so I could download my games and at first it appeared there was no issues, but within a few days I was having issues. Regardless of what game I play, after about 30 minutes to an hour into the game I would get a BSOD (CRTICAL_PROCESS_DIED) and then my computer would reboot and appear to be working again. It only would crash when running games.

After hours upon hours of research I found the issue may have been with the drivers that windows had installed upon installation (I always preformed a clean install, formatting my hard drive each time) so I went through my driver's and they were all up-to-date with the newest drivers available, except for my GPU driver. I thought I had finally found the source of all my greif. After upgrading the driver this only made things worse, causing more frequent crashes. I sought Microsoft support and together we came to the conclusion that my installation had gone bad upon discovering that the hardware and device troubleshooter was missing entierly so the technician advised to try reinstalling Windows to resolve the issue (only to find out in later research apparently Microsoft had removed it, you'd think the technician's would be in the loop but clearly that's not the case). 5 installations later and I am still experiencing the same issues.

I have tried literally every fix found on the internet, i tried sfc scan, i tried dism check, updating my GPU driver (which only made things worse), updating my bios, trying to update chipset drivers, i checked my RAM for errors, tried reseating my GPU, tried only using one monitor because apparently there's issues with Windows 10 and dual monitor. All of this to no avail.

After further research (day 5) I found that there were commonly issues between Nvidia GPU drivers and cards overall and Windows 10. So now i have removed my GPU since apparently it has caused me all this trouble and am using my on board display, which wouldn't be a problem but this is a gaming PC and without the GPU is practically useless for anything but netflix and checking emails. I would very much like to be able to utilize Windows AND my Nvidia GPU but nothing works. Does anyone have a possible solution?

PC Details-

CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-core 4.0ghz

RAM: 16G DDR3 1333mhz (G.Skill Sniper Series)

GPU: ASUS Cerberus 1050ti OC edition

MOBO: ASUS M5A78L-M Plus /USB 3

:)

iAmGrizzly, Apr 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 Nvidia dual GPU timeout issue

Thank you again for the fast reply.

I tried the steps you've recommended with the following results:

• I downloaded nvidia driver 361.75 for Windows 10 (64bit) and ran the install file in Windows 8 compatibility mode as an administrator. The install process failed, saying "This driver is not compatible with your system".
    • I then downloaded nvidia driver 361.75 for Windows 8 (64bit) and ran the install file in Windows 8 compatibility mode as an administrator. The install process failed, saying "The driver installation process could not be completed".
    • I then ran the nvidia driver 361.75 for Windows 8 install file in normal, Windows 10 mode, and the process failed, saying "This driver is not compatible with your system".

Thus no driver update occurred on my system.

NICHOLASDANA, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Basith M Win User
    WIndows 10 fail with NVIDIA GeForce GPU

Hi Andy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 family.

As this is a new Operating System, there might be unavailability of compatible drivers. So as a workaround for this issue, I suggest you to try installing the Nvidia drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works for you. This will help you install
    old versions of drivers/programs in current version of Windows Operating System.

Refer to the following Microsoft Help article to install the driver in compatibility mode. The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 not compatible with Windows 10?

So I decided to go ahead and upgrade my desktop to Windows 10, but the compatibility checker says that my display is not compatible. Yet Nvidia says that it should be compatible (Error | NVIDIA),
    so what's going on?

ned4spd8874, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility

1. Windows 10 1809 and Nvidia GPU compatibility - Similar Threads - 1809 Nvidia GPU

2. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10: So I have an old Asus prime z270-ar motherboard, Intel i7 7700k, Asus dual gtx 1070 8gb.Gpu will not recognize in bios or device manage. Nvidia drivers can not detect a GPU and Nvidia drivers say it's not compatible with my windows 10 os. How can I get my graphics card up and...
  3. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10: So I have an old Asus prime z270-ar motherboard, Intel i7 7700k, Asus dual gtx 1070 8gb.Gpu will not recognize in bios or device manage. Nvidia drivers can not detect a GPU and Nvidia drivers say it's not compatible with my windows 10 os. How can I get my graphics card up and...
  4. Nvidia drivers not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. NVIDIA GPU Driver not compatible with Windows 10 version Causes sudden black-screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVIDIA GPU Driver not compatible with Windows 10 version Causes sudden black-screen: Hello, I recently have this problem about my computer. Sudden black-screen occurs whenever I turn-on my PC before or after the system boot-up. Sometimes whenever I'm playing video games. I have researched in the internet on how to fix this issue, I have tried it all and I...
  6. Related to the new version of Windows 10 ( version 1809 ) and Nvidia GPU and Geforce...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Related to the new version of Windows 10 ( version 1809 ) and Nvidia GPU and Geforce...: I own a Lenovo Legion Y 720 gaming laptop and today I updated the version of Windows 10 ( 64-bit ) to 1809 but the previously installed version was not even 1803 because while downloading the updates the windows update app downloaded 1803 first and then 1809 . I did a full...
  7. Games compatible with windows 10 (1809)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games compatible with windows 10 (1809): Does anyone know if the following games are compatible with Windows 10 (version 1809) Grand theft Auto San Andreas (CD version) along with the san andreas multiplayer game Flight simulator X (comes with 3 discs including the acceleration pack) I did some research on both of...
  8. Games compatible with windows 10 (1809)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games compatible with windows 10 (1809): Does anyone know if the following games are compatible with Windows 10 (version 1809) Grand theft Auto San Andreas (CD version) along with the san andreas multiplayer game Flight simulator X (comes with 3 discs including the acceleration pack) I did some research on both of...
  9. Nvidia and Windows 10 compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia and Windows 10 compatibility: I have recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, I have noticed that youtube videos and internet videos will just not play, and some pages open very slow and I have to click the refresh button go back and try again or quit. I tried searching the net for a fix and...
  10. Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU compatibility issue for windows 10 upgrade: I have a Sony VAIO All-In-One pc #vcpl137fx running windows 7 sp1 and would like to upgrade it to Windows 10 however when I run the compatibility test on the Microsoft website it says that my graphics card is not compatible. My gpu is Nvidia GeForce G 330M. What is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 version1903 compatibility to nvidia gpu