Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had a PC plagued with this issue recently and am at my wits end. I'll be working away on my PC without issue, then suddenly my applications will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HillaJSJ, Mar 19, 2019.

1. HillaJSJ Win User

Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause

I've had a PC plagued with this issue recently and am at my wits end.

I'll be working away on my PC without issue, then suddenly my applications will stop responding. They enter the "Not Responding" state. However I'm still able to navigate and move in Windows.

I went to start and attempted to launch multiple programs. I clicked, the start menu went away, the programs did not launch. These ranged from File Explorer, Word, Excel, Multiple Windows of Internet Explorer (not Edge). I did have Edge open when the PC first froze and noticed the "E" icon suddenly had disappeared for some reason on the start bar.

After idling for a little bit still clicking things, suddenly every single program and window I tried to open launched. I had multiple instances of IE, all of the office programs, etc. (And the icon for Edge had returned)

I've done so many things in relation to this. It's super intermittent, but occurring enough to cause a marked slowdown in productivity.

Laptop - Dell Latitude E5470

- Event Logs - Only show "DCOM" errors around the time in System. No other errors in any log areas.

- Disabled Antivirus, Reenabled Antivirus (Also ran various Malware Scans. Fairly certain this PC has no malware on it)

- Completely updated Windows and Drivers (This is a Dell PC. Updated drivers using Dell Command Update which includes BIOS).

- Ran sfc /scannow which came back clean

I'm at a loss. I cannot reliably reproduce the problem but I also cannot say that it isn't a chronic issue.

:)

HillaJSJ, Mar 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing and will not unfreeze

Hi Yael,

Let's focus first on freezing issues on your Windows 10 computer.

• When did this issue started to happen?
    • Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps posted by Deepika Gowda in this
      thread?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Win10 lockup/Freezing

does anyone know what is causing the lockup or freezing while win10 is running i'm getting it alot just wanted to know if anyone has figured out how to fix it

DavidSutton_687, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause

Samsung HD103SJ Not detected in BIOS

Ok here is what i tried so far;
    Put it back in array, but the pc freezes at the VAIO screen,
    Tried reseting bios to ACHI, IDE, and anything else listed but it still wont post.
    Tried plugging it in, while xp was running, and it just causes a lockup for a bit and then unfreezes and disk is still not recognized.

karolpl2004, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause

1. Windows 10 1809 - Apps Freeze/Lockup, Suddenly Unfreeze with no apparent root cause - Similar Threads - 1809 Apps Freeze

2. Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting repeated and intermittent freezes/lockups on Windows 10: Hi,Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Installed on ‎2021-‎02-‎24 OS build 19044.1889 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 I've been experiencing frequent and intermittent freezing/lockups running Windows 10. Checking the event viewer has only left me...
  3. Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup: Looking for a solution which isnt "start again". Been trying to get cumultive update to install on my laptop, its extra frustrating as this isnt top end hardware so its long waiting periods. It takes about 20 minutes for the update to reach 100% and I can do the reboot. As...
  4. Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update bugs causing lockup on bootup: Looking for a solution which isnt "start again". Been trying to get cumultive update to install on my laptop, its extra frustrating as this isnt top end hardware so its long waiting periods. It takes about 20 minutes for the update to reach 100% and I can do the reboot. As...
  5. Windows 10 freezing and unfreezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing and unfreezing: Hello i have been experiencing freezing problems when i have updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Every time it freezes and unfreezes with the following error message in Event viewer. Kernel-EventTracing Session "Intel ESRV FPS Input Session" failed to start with the...
  6. Dell Running Windows 10 Intermittently Freezing-Unfreezing

Dell Running Windows 10 Intermittently Freezing-Unfreezing: Hey all, I’ve searched this forum & have spent endless hours on Google, but have yet to find anyone with this same problem. I have a... Dell Inspiron 5000 Series System Model: Inspiron 5565 System Type: 64 bit that is running... Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363...
  7. My Windows 10 Freezes, Eventually Unfreezes, And Then Freezes Again

My Windows 10 Freezes, Eventually Unfreezes, And Then Freezes Again: I updated my Windows 10 PC 3 days ago. And it freezes, but I'm able to move the cursor. It eventually unfreezes, and then freezes again. But this time it cuts off the audio, especially when I'm using the Movies & TV app to watch stuff. Why is that happening?...
  8. Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 and 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 and 1903: System affected : Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 or 1903. This started with the 1809 release and got worse in the 1903 release. Before these releases, all worked fine without the freezing and lockups. It starts right from the booting of...
  9. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues: What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable....
  10. Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Lockup/Freeze NO BSOD: Seeing as I don't ever get a a BSOD I took it that I couldn't post in the BSOD thread. Important thing to note is when it occurs. 1. Fail to start right from turning on (no BIOs splash screen). Although this is rare and has only happened a few times. 2. Lockup on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 causes apps to freeze