Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from hibernation

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, I have the following behavior when resuming from hibernation: 1. BitLocker PIN is asked for. 2. OS loading screen appears. 3. It tries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JaMoDD, Dec 30, 2018.

1. JaMoDD Win User

Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from hibernation

Hi there,

I have the following behavior when resuming from hibernation:

1. BitLocker PIN is asked for.

2. OS loading screen appears.

3. It tries to switch from loading screen to login screen but apparently fails. A black screen is displayed. Monitor stays active and does not go into energy safe mode.

There is no cursor visible on the black screen. The machine is not responding anymore. Hitting the power button immediately shuts down the machine. Cold restart always works.

I noticed, that resume does work if no app (e. g. Chrome) is running. Also resuming from sleep mode does work.

The machine is working just fine and also hibernation used to work. However, since performing a driver update and installing the latest windows updates, I am stuck with this weird problem. As a side note: I did also install a second SSD which is working fine. Can't imagine, it has anything to do with this. All my drives are encrypted with BitLocker.

I have tried all the various hints and tips that google presented me, e. g.:

* Blindly entering the user's password.

* sfc /scannow

* Checking with chkdsk and dism

* Disabling fast boot

* Checking if signal ends up on another monitor

* Disabling Windows App Readiness service

Windows 10.0.17763.195

:)

JaMoDD, Dec 30, 2018

2. black screen with no cursor

Computer boots, see the blue windows logo on startup, I hear the login and startup but have a black screen with no cursor.... Interesting enough I found that if I put the computer into hibernate by pressing the power button, then pressing the power button
    to resume windows the desktop (already logged on) appears every time and computer is good until next restart...

none of the other tricks fixed it so maybe one to add here I checked my drivers and display adapters etc.. am very technical, everything works fine except for the black screen on startup again with no cursor which then always is fixed by a hibernate / resume
    every time. Driver is latest (from Microsoft windows update) for Intel HD Graphics 3000 which I believe was provided for Windows 10 Driver Date 5/27/2015 Driver Version 9.17.10.4229 There is no option to roll back the driver Can someone help with this... it's
    getting annoying to hibernate then resume after every functional boot

opeyemi owoeye, Dec 30, 2018
  3. BigRob Win User
    Dell Ispiron Black Screen After Loading Windows

Hello again,

Okay... I have a dell ispirion 1545 and it will not load into windows.. i can load up the comp, it gets to resuming windows and boots into a black screen but the kicker is the mouse is responsive.. wut do? *Confused Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from hibernation :confused:

BigRob, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Adiluddin Win User

Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from hibernation

win10 black screen and cursor but no password on acc still not loading

I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8 and not 8.1 with black screen and cursor I had no password so it should automatically load into account but it did not plus I tried ctrl key and enter plus all other key combinations but nothing and waited for half an hour. Please help all suggestions are welcomed!

P.S. I can see the cursor and the loading windows logo so no imbecile answers like graphic card driver or monitor driver for god sake

Adiluddin, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from hibernation - Similar Threads - 1809 Black screen

2. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  3. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  4. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen after resuming from hibernate

Blue screen after resuming from hibernate: I keep running into blue screen after resuming from hibernate state in Windows 10 pro and it says "dpc watchdog violation" . I tried to find the cause by using WinDBbg and I got the following resaults . Is there any solution for it? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  6. Black Screen with loading cursor

Black Screen with loading cursor: Hi I have a windows desktop and I tried to dual boot Kali Linux along side Windows 10 using a bootable usb. I first made the bootable by burning an iso file to the usb, I then partitioned Drive C: so that I could make room for the new OS. I then changed the boot order so that...
  7. Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on primary monitor after resuming from hibernate: I have 2 monitors, primary is plugged into my GPU (1070). Secondary is plugged into my IGPU (8700k) When I wake my computer from hibernate the primary monitor displays the MSI boot logo, but when the computer finishes waking from hibernate the primary monitor becomes a black...
  8. Black screen with loading cursor

Black screen with loading cursor: I recently built my first pc, everything was running fine and working well but 3 days ago my hard drive gave me a problem where I had to reset everything. After that everything worked fune again until today, I turned on my pc and before logging in there is just a black screen...
  9. [Solved] Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Solved] Windows 10 1809 Black screen no cursor after OS loading screen when resuming from...: Hi there, I have the following behavior when resuming from hibernation: 1. BitLocker PIN is asked for. 2. OS loading screen appears. 3. It tries to switch from loading screen to login screen but apparently fails. A black screen is displayed. Monitor stays active and...
  10. Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor: Windows 10 is loading to a black screen with cursor after login randomly, this happened after I just performed an update. I use an SSD for my OS files, 1TB hdd for docs and another for backups. This was happening 4 weeks ago, except my docs harddrive was making a clicking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 black screen after login no cursor

2. windows sleep resume cursor only

3. windows 10 1809 displays only blinking cursor when resume from sleep or hibernate