Windows 10: Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing

Discus and support Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a lot of Bluetooth devices - too many really. I have a Bluetooth Bose speaker, Sony headset, and three XBox one controllers. Since the last few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidGrocke, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing

I use a lot of Bluetooth devices - too many really.

I have a Bluetooth Bose speaker, Sony headset, and three XBox one controllers.

Since the last few days, after I've updated to 1809, my audio devices pair fine, however my XBox one controllers no longer pair.

They show up as paired, however, do not connect. I've 'removed' the XBox controllers from the Bluetooth connected devices, but when I try to re-sync the devices all three 'auto-magically' show back up.

I have uninstalled the Bluetooth devices and each "XBox Controller" from device manager, and when I go to re-sync they 'auto-magically' appear again once I hit the 'add bluetooth device' button.

Interestingly, when I disable the bluetooth network adapter and try to re-sync the controllers, the devices do not auto-pair and show up. My audio devices still work fine, however, the controllers do not appear when I try to re-sync them.

All three have stopped connecting at the same time, and it's only after the 1809 update.

In the System event logs I get the following message when trying to sync each of the devices, including the BLE MAC address for each controller.

The mutual authentication between the local Bluetooth adapter and a device with Bluetooth adapter address (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) failed. (source BTHUSB, event id 16)

Followed by an expected

Bluetooth HID device either went out of range or became unresponsive. (source HidBth, event id 2)

My main question is where to from here? I'm thinking the saved pre-shared authentication with each Bluetooth device has died somehow --- but how do I delete that (I assume in the registry connected devices or something?????) is there a way to make windows completely forget about my controllers??? or registry is where it's at?

Cheers

Grocke

:)

DavidGrocke, Jan 3, 2019
  2. BGD1968 Win User

Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi,

I've got a new Alienware desktop running Win 10 Home x64. Bluetooth appears to be working, but I'm not getting the Xbox One Elite Controller in the list of available devices when I attempt the pairing. The light on the controller flashes normally when I
    press the pairing button, but on the PC, I'm only getting four or five generic 'unknown' devices. I've tried a few, but none will connect.

To troubleshoot, I unplugged the power from the Xbox, just to make sure there wasn't a pairing conflict between the game console and Windows. Doesn't help. I've also tried pairing in the new Win 10 interface, as well as through NCPA.cpl.

When I get home, I'm going to try pairing the controller with another computer, but I'm also interested in any suggestions this community can provide.

Regards,

Brad

BGD1968, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 3, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing

NavyLCDR, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing

1. Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing - Similar Threads - 1809 Bluetooth XBox

2. xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC: I am trying to pair an xbox one controller with my gaming PC, but it won't stay synced no matter what I try. The PC won't recognise it and there isn't a Microsoft Xbox Controller driver in the Device Manager tab. The only way I can get the PC to acknowledge the controller is...
  3. My Xbox One controller will not pair with Bluetooth on Windows 10, but every other...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox One controller will not pair with Bluetooth on Windows 10, but every other...: I had an issue with my controller at one point where it would constantly disconnect every time I turned it on. I tried removing it from my device, but it wouldn’t let me because it would always say remove failed, so I did some looking around and managed to delete the registry...
  4. My Xbox One controller will not pair with Bluetooth on Windows 10, but every other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox One controller will not pair with Bluetooth on Windows 10, but every other...: I had an issue with my controller at one point where it would constantly disconnect every time I turned it on. I tried removing it from my device, but it wouldn’t let me because it would always say remove failed, so I did some looking around and managed to delete the registry...
  5. My Xbox One controller will not pair with Bluetooth on Windows 10, but every other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Xbox controller not pairing to bluetooth adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller not pairing to bluetooth adapter: I bought a usb blutooth adapter for my pc and im trying to connect my controller to it, it shows up in the searching devices but it doesnt connect. I've tried literally everything I can and it still wont work. Any fixes? submitted by /u/Proof_Look3537 [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox controller/ bluetooth pairing issues

Xbox controller/ bluetooth pairing issues: Whenever I have restarted my computer my xbox controller can't connect anymore and make my bluetooth stop working. The only way to solve this is by removing the device, restart the computer and then pair again. So every day I want to use my xbox controller I have to first...
  8. Xbox one controller bluetooth pairing PC

Xbox one controller bluetooth pairing PC: I've read a few posts here and there doesn't seem to be a direct solution. I've never used an xbox one controller so I'm not sure how the controller interacts with the pc. I bought an xbox one controller yesterday to to Monster Hunter. The controller works fine when I plug it...
  9. xbox one controller won't pair with windows 10 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox one controller won't pair with windows 10 via bluetooth: Hi, I have recently purchased an xbox one controller for gaming on my up to date Windows 10 pc. The controller works fine when I connect it using a usb cable, but when I try to connect to via my bluetooth 4.0 dongle, the controller is discovered and lists as a "peripheral"...
  10. Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.: I have an Xbox One Wireless controller that I've paired via bluetooth to Windows 10. It's annoying to have to stop a game because the battery dies, so I plug it in via USB and then charge it on my charging stand overnight. When I notice the battery is getting low, I'll plug...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one x controlled issue with windows 1809

2. xbox controller windows 10 no pairing

3. windows 1809 xbox controller issue