Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 boot failure

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 boot failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My old laptop PackardBell Easynote V7, with Intel Centrino Duo, 2GB RAM and WD SSD 120GB, for my use, performs very very well with Windows 10 1803 x86.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KenFalconIT, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809 boot failure

My old laptop PackardBell Easynote V7, with Intel Centrino Duo, 2GB RAM and WD SSD 120GB, for my use, performs very very well with Windows 10 1803 x86. Until it has been updated automatically to Windows 10 1809... my laptop now stuck on windows boot logo and i cannot do anything, only power off the laptop with power button. Not boot options to try recovery, nothing! Lost a lot of time! So i've downloaded the Windows ISO with official MediaCreationTool and created the installation dvd to reinstall entire system. ALSO THE BOOTABLE DVD STUCK ON WINDOWS LOGO!!!!!! No installation possible!!!! Also tried to redownloading the iso, and the problem persists. Hopeless, i've found the 1803 version of installation dvd, and with this all works perfectly!!!! But the automatic update reinstall 1809 and system the problem begins again. So i've decided to reinstall 1803 and block automatic feature updates, but in 365 days it reinstall last feature update! I've lost lot of time and lot of works and i don't want this happens again. Anyone encountered the same problem? It's amazing how a simple update is worse than a virus! Is it possibile to definitely stop feature updates? Thanks

:)

KenFalconIT, Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 1809 boot failure

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 boot failure

1. Windows 10 1809 boot failure - Similar Threads - 1809 boot failure

2. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Failure to boot: Fresh computer build, I successfully installed Windows 10 on it, I downloaded some varying drivers for different things, GeForce Experience, Chipset drivers, etc, installed them. Went to restart computer and then the problem began. Problem: Computer turns on, thinks for 15 or...
  3. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Failure to boot: Fresh computer build, I successfully installed Windows 10 on it, I downloaded some varying drivers for different things, GeForce Experience, Chipset drivers, etc, installed them. Went to restart computer and then the problem began. Problem: Computer turns on, thinks for 15 or...
  4. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot failure: I'm using a ~4 year old Acer Nitro 5. Yesterday it was working fine. Today I went to wake it from sleep and log in, and my desktop failed to load. If I click on the task bar or start menu, I get a popup titled "Microsoft Windows" giving the usual "This process isn't...
  6. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade failure

Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade failure: I am in the process of upgrading a fleet of windows 1809 laptops to 1909 but I am struggling due to blocked drivers. Currently I have fixed two of them, however, I am stuck with the cougarpointusb.inf driver as it continually blocks the upgrade due to this OEMxx.inf file. I...
  7. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  8. Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809

Failure of updates to Windows 10 version 1809: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 version 1809. The updates have failed repeatedly. What is the downside to continuing to operate with version1809? It works great and I don't care about getting "new features."...
  9. Windows 10 1809 -> 1903 Upgrade failures

Windows 10 1809 -> 1903 Upgrade failures: I've been experiencing upgrade failures for PCs at my company since the official release of Windows 10 v1903. The error has persisted even after v1909 was released recently. Any PC on v1809 that we have will not successfully upgrade to v1903 or v1909. The upgrade often...
  10. Windows 10 1809 Update Failure BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 Update Failure BSOD: So today (13/12/2018) the Windows update 1809 roll out for my device which is MSI GL62M-7RD. The process goes as usual where I being prompted to restart my device, the operation was going fine until the device suddenly restarting, it did pick off the last installation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 not booting after upgrade

2. windows 10 1809 upgradefound system boot failure

3. created installation media win10 1809 wont boot

4. Win 10 1809 install to SSD failsat re-boot,
  5. windows 10 boot failure,
  6. 1809 boot loop,
  7. windows 10 1809 boot fail message,
  8. can not boot windows 1809