Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 BSOD + Instant shutdown while installing updates for the latest build.

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 BSOD + Instant shutdown while installing updates for the latest build. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this problem has been going on since October when the update initially came out. When I use the update assistant it says that my PC is compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XxDeathB3TCHxX, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809 BSOD + Instant shutdown while installing updates for the latest build.

So this problem has been going on since October when the update initially came out. When I use the update assistant it says that my PC is compatible with the update, so I go ahead with installing the update. Once that's done in the update assistant, it tells me to reboot, so after that, I've been taken to the blue page where it says *Working on updates* (Although the screen looks as if HDR is enabled in the settings).

I've noticed it instantly goes to 30% completed, after a few minutes on the same progress, it'll BSOD, but it also instant shut down.

When turning on my computer, it takes me back to that same stage but the progress is on 43%, this time, it BSOD but with the same error string that I've been getting since the release of 1809.

driver_unloaded_without_cancelling_pending_operations

What Failed?: dump_wpprecorder

My PC Specs:

i7 4790K 4.4GHz

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming

32GB DDR3 2400MHz Corsair Vengeance & G-Skull (They both have same timings and voltages)

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (Latest BIOS)

NXZT Hue+ (Not sure if this causes the issue)

Sound Blaster Z (<---- Maybe this?)

So the BSOD will stay on till I turn the PC off via the power button when turning it back on, it'll start undoing the changes made to the PC which takes 20-30 minutes.

What I tried:

-Clean installing (Nothing changes)

-Original BIOS settings (Nothing changes)

-Used Media creation tool (Nothing changes)

-Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers through Media Creation tool (Nothing changes)

-Uninstalled Kaspersky (Nothing changes)

-Clean installed GPU drivers via using DDU to uninstall drivers completely then installing GPU drivers.

-Microsoft support themselves could not fix this, they say it's probably not completely compatible with my PC yet and to give it time for more updates to release to support my PC.

This is a really annoying problem as it's appearing in Windows Update continuously, downloading and installing.

Just to let you know, this computer & OS is stable in 1803, never gotten any BSODs at all, in at all times spent on this computer.

:)

XxDeathB3TCHxX, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Athlonite Win User
    Athlonite, Nov 22, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows 10 1809 BSOD + Instant shutdown while installing updates for the latest build.

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 BSOD + Instant shutdown while installing updates for the latest build.

1. Windows 10 1809 BSOD + Instant shutdown while installing updates for the latest build. - Similar Threads - 1809 BSOD Instant

2. BSOD while updating to latest feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while updating to latest feature update: Hello Microsoft, I bought my laptop last October 2020. It is an Asus Laptop with these general specs: intel i3 10th Gen 512GB SSD 8GB Ram Ever since I bought it, it remained in a Win10 Version 1909. When the version 2004 feature update was available on my laptop, I...
  3. Windows 10 build 1803 attempting to install 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 1803 attempting to install 1809 update: Good Afternoon All, I've just installed a clean Windows 10 build 1803 onto a machine. When updating it, I see that pc is attempting to install an 1809 build update to the machine. Now the pc is not installing any of the update thanks to it attempting to download and install...
  4. Windows Crashes While Updating to OS Build 1809

Windows Crashes While Updating to OS Build 1809: Hi, I've recently tried to update my Windows 10 Pro PC to OS Build 1809. It, unfortunately, did not come up onto windows update. I have used the Windows 10 Update Assistant to help me update. It would successfully download and prepare for a restart, but while updating around...
  5. Windows 10 latest Update, Version 1809

Windows 10 latest Update, Version 1809: Hi, since the latest Windows 10 update version 1809, my Internet speed has dropped a good 40%...why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-version-1809/22ed0a03-260c-46d8-8261-87b624d1e6cc
  6. Dropbox cannot be installed on Win 10 Pro 1809 latest build

Dropbox cannot be installed on Win 10 Pro 1809 latest build: I can't install Dropbox desktop on my Win 10 64 I run Win 10 64 bit 1809 17763.253 (all up to date, clean health, etc etc) - dropbox desktop app has stopped working, would not uninstall, i have deleted every trace of it and cannot install any version, online or offline, with...
  7. BSOD on build 1809

BSOD on build 1809: Hi, I've been getting a BSOD every day after the 1809 update. I get this error when I upgrade from 1803 and also when I perform a clean installation of 1809 using Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft. This BSOD never happens when I use the build 1803. A few...
  8. Latest 1809 update

Latest 1809 update: 2018.11.14 Friends, I installed the latest 1809 update yesterday and it deleted 99% of my download folder. Before this update series was suspended a couple of months ago, an update deleted the contents of both my documents and downloads folders. Luckily I have backups...
  9. Windows 10 Latest build (1809)

Windows 10 Latest build (1809): I am chasing up to get the latest windows 10 build. When i can expect the updated release for download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-build-1809/615e825d-d927-4f00-93cf-cb6a7fcb95b5
  10. The Latest update-1809

The Latest update-1809: Whilst not considering myself to be anything other than a computer user, rather than an expert or even anywhere near an advanced user. It might seem that I might just have done the right thing, by taking some advice long ago, and having Windows and very little else on my C...