Windows 10: [Windows 10 1809] BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support [Windows 10 1809] BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran the free version of WhoCrashed and this is the output: On Tue 8/27/2019 10:23:01 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josh McCracken, Aug 27, 2019.

1. [Windows 10 1809] BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

I ran the free version of WhoCrashed and this is the output:

On Tue 8/27/2019 10:23:01 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\temp\082719-21203-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B3F50)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD0, 0x2, 0xFFFFF8040EEE75C4, 0x2)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I have the dump file, just wondering what dump tool is recommended for getting more error details. Or if I can send someone the dump to have a further look for me that would be great.

Thanks,

Josh

:)

Josh McCracken, Aug 27, 2019

2. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

Hi, KirbyBakken

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ntoskrnl-exe-hig...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    need help with bsod

@ everybody who's interested

I got another bsod, same error, same situation. I found a culprit!

Yesterday I was downloading new Fedora 23 Workstation iso via torrent when my laptop crashed. Today I started to download Xubuntu iso via torrent again. I wanted to install Xubuntu so I could see if my machine crashes because of Windows 10 or not. And ... when I was downloading Xubuntu via torrent ... it crashed again!

I started to bing this problem and ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsuppor...s_10_torrenting_bsod_page_fault_in_nonpaged/?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crash...ntoskrnl-exe-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area.html

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bso...ged_area-torrent-bsod-dell-xps-13-2015-a.html

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bso...od-when-downloading-torrent-windows-10-a.html

Conclusion:

a) Windows 10 hates torrents on some laptops with wifi
    b) Broadcom wifi drivers are crappy for torrenting on Windows 10
    c) maybe all above

I didn't try to use wired connection or all possible combinations of Broadcom drivers but anyway I don't bother. Some people say Windows 8.1 drivers will work.

I will download distributions directly from ftp or http.

Now I see why memtest86 and prime didn't find any errors, because page_fault_in_nonpaged_area in this very case is caused by network stuff.

Anyway thanks people and stay safe.

Drone, Aug 27, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

[Windows 10 1809] BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Windows 10 Tweaks

Start \ all Apps under C, Calc

The .exe was located in C:\Windows\System32

AsRock, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

[Windows 10 1809] BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

1. [Windows 10 1809] BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA - C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - 1809 BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

2. BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hello, I am in need of assistance regarding some blue screen issues. I've been getting these PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA at random times, sometimes days to weeks apart. I've already run memtest on each of my ram sticks individually and they've come back with no errors. I...
  3. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, One of our VFX workstations is BSODing on heavy load. Windows version 1809 (OS build 17763.1039) log file attached. Thanks in advance! 151282
  4. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137748
  5. BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area]: BSOD [Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area] Using bluetooth headphones watching youtube video when this BSOD occured. Thanks for the assistance! 137746
  6. Bsod - page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod - page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hey all, recently got a pair of astro a50's and started using them. Ever since I've been getting this BSOD randomly while gaming or just browsing the internet. Not sure if it has any correlation with the headset or not but it's coincidental for sure. To be safe I uninstalled...
  7. [Windows 10][BSOD] PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

[Windows 10][BSOD] PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Right, so seemingly at random times my PC decides to BSOD and display a couple of codes from my recollection they have been PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with Win32k.sys appearing below it and driver irql_less_or_not_equal these are the most frequent codes and the ones I...
  8. Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Bsod page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm getting bsod at the very start of the laptop. Seems like the update of intel wifi and bluetooth driver caused it (using intel update utility). I used dm_log collector, it seems to run ok but it doesn't create any zip file (it was run as admin). Instead it...
  9. Windows 10 - BSOD : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Windows 10 - BSOD : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA: Hi! A few weeks ago I had to give my laptop in service (they had to replace the LCD Cable). Just before I gave it in I reinstalled Windows 10 64-bit and installed all drivers (I suppose) correctly. After some days I got it back, it crashed several times with BSOD -...
  10. BSOD Windows 10 error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

BSOD Windows 10 error page_fault_in_nonpaged_area: Hi, I'm completly new to the forum and hoping someone can help out. Brand new dell xps13 that I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and have been getting random BSOD, no patter that I can see, not running anything in particular. debugs attached, hopefully someone can shed some...