Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 can not be installed on an empthy clear disk drive, with a Toshiba Laptop...

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 can not be installed on an empthy clear disk drive, with a Toshiba Laptop... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I do have a Toshiba Laptop Qosmio G30-189 with a RAID Controller hardware build in, in Version Windows 10 1803 as also any version before as also under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dozibra, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Dozibra Win User

Windows 10 1809 can not be installed on an empthy clear disk drive, with a Toshiba Laptop...

I do have a Toshiba Laptop Qosmio G30-189 with a RAID Controller hardware build in, in Version Windows 10 1803 as also any version before as also under Windows 7, the user is prompted with the installation of a DVD, to install a driver for accessing the harddisk, without the driver Kr10n.sys, this is absolutely necessary, otherwise no installation of the software is possible, and no disk(s) can be accessed, this is fact.

With the new installation of Windows 10 1809 (autumn edition 2018) this installation is not prompting to install a driver and is hanging after several minutes trying to access hard disks it is coming back, with the error, that no disks can be accessed! This is an error in win10 1809 for sure, or??????

Same effect is having a Windows 10 1803 on a seperate hard disk installed and trying to udate to 1809, either by DVD (prepared before with the download of the ISO File) or over the Media Creation Tool, at the time the system is trying to boot for the first time, it is hanging.

Only a current switch off is possible, after a new start and bringig Windows up again, waiting longer time, a window pops up with the information, the

system was reseted to the version from before and error code 0xC1900101 - 0x20017, an identication to a drriver is missing....., In the PhaseSAFE-OS during the BOOT this error happens - this was never an update problem in any windows 10 updates since the beginning Windows 10 on the marked with any updates, just now with 1809 level.

Indication in this forum to delete the Toshiba Driver (Kr*.sys) from the Windows/System32/drivers is not having an effect, even deleting from the registry is NOT Possible, the REGEDT Tool is not letting you delete those entries!!!!! Because they are absolutely needed by the system. If I delete, the possible to delete, Items (on disk and/or registry) that is it!!! the system can NOT GET UP anymore, and you may be happy to have a backup from before to restore this hard drive, then resets by save registry not possible anymore, because you can not bring windows 10 up anymore... R.I.P!!!!!

SO, I wait now for Microsoft to bring a correction of windows 10 1809 to have an new ISO file created to install windows 10 1809 on a new fresh drive, wich is also not possible.... and-/ or a correction to do an update from 1803 to 1809!!!

What is Microsoft telling me know what do do now?

When is Microsoft bringing a correction to those problems

:)

Dozibra, Dec 17, 2018
  2. izpmuddy Win User

Toshiba laptop wont install windows

I have a friend with a Toshiba satellite laptop and i have been trying to install windows on it. It would always freeze up when reformatting the hard drive. So used partition magic and formatted the hard drive and then installed it. Then after installation i get an error. I have been able to successfully install ubuntu but not windows. Vista was installed before but then tried to install xp and have been having problems since.

izpmuddy, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Can't connect external SONY 2X Speed Floppy Disk Drive to my Toshiba laptop Windows 10.

Hi Ken,

The challenge that you experience while trying to to connect your external floppy disk drive is due to a missing or outdated driver that can support the device.

For us to isolate the issue, please answer the following question:

• What error message are you getting?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We suggest that you look for the CD installer for your floppy disk drive and have it installed on your laptop. It usually comes with the packaging of the device. You can follow the steps on the article

How to install programs on Windows 10

If in case the CD is not there, you can contact Sony to check for the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 1809 can not be installed on an empthy clear disk drive, with a Toshiba Laptop...

Delta6326, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 can not be installed on an empthy clear disk drive, with a Toshiba Laptop... - Similar Threads - 1809 installed empthy

2. 100% disk usage on Toshiba, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage on Toshiba, Windows 10: Hi, I recently bought Toshiba with 8GB of RAM, HDD disk. This PC has been running so slow from the start, then I observed disk usage spinning 100%, I can't open applications quickly. Would I like to solve this problem once and for all?...
  3. 100% disk usage on Toshiba, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage on Toshiba, Windows 10: Hi, I recently bought Toshiba with 8GB of RAM, HDD disk. This PC has been running so slow from the start, then I observed disk usage spinning 100%, I can't open applications quickly. Would I like to solve this problem once and for all?...
  4. can I put a Toshiba Satellite hard disk into a hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can I put a Toshiba Satellite hard disk into a hp laptop: My Toshiba Satellite laptop has stopped charging, but the hard disk is just fine. I have a hp 15 with a hard disk failure error 301. can I put a Toshiba Satellite hard disk into a hp laptop?...
  5. DVD/CDROM drive not working Toshiba Laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CDROM drive not working Toshiba Laptop Windows 10: since updating Toshiba Satellite L850 laptop to Win10 the DVD/CD will not work [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcdrom-drive-not-working-toshiba-laptop-windows/10946ee8-c151-4877-811c-84211bb4ce3b
  6. Install ms windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ms windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop: Hi! I am trying to install win 10 home from brand new original usb, after boeing forced to format hd. The answer I get is "no operating system". What shall I do! Thank you in advance!...
  7. Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10

Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10: does Toshiba Satelite A665 laptop which has Windows 7 support upgrade to Windows 10 well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-for-windows-10/0408a66a-f509-4a1f-a66a-4daa8f7967ee
  8. why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809: why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delacree/9b7af48c-3471-4301-a789-9951a39fb662"
  9. Windows 10 1809 installs outside selected disk

Windows 10 1809 installs outside selected disk: I have a problem installing Windows 10 1809. I have 4 hard drives in my setup. Drive 1 OS Drive 2 Files Drive 3 Programs Drive 4 Backup During installation, i delete every partition on drive Drive 1 OS and continue with the installation. Typically, windows...
  10. Can I install windows 10 on an core i5 vpro toshiba laptop?

Can I install windows 10 on an core i5 vpro toshiba laptop?: Hi! I have a toshiba laptop, its an i5 vpro with 4GB memory and 500GB HDD space this is a 32bit machine Would I be able to install windows 10 and still be able to use the laptop like I could while running windows 7? You see, at work my laptop runs on windows 10 but...