Windows 10: Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen

Discus and support Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 10 version 1809, I have experienced several strange issues with my display. I am using a Lenova Yoga 920 laptop. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by a_sinclair, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen

After updating to Windows 10 version 1809, I have experienced several strange issues with my display. I am using a Lenova Yoga 920 laptop. These problems go away after rebooting the computer, but then re-emerge after using the computer for a while, and persist until I reboot again. It is getting very irritating, and interfering with my work.

1. I cannot adjust the screen brightness on my laptop screen, either from the keyboard or from Settings. The brightness slider moves, but nothing changes on the actual display. Sometimes, the screen will auto-adjust, but infrequently. The brightness changes are out of my control.

2. A mysterious floating white circle appeared on my desktop background. I cannot click on or interact with it, and changing the desktop background does not remove the circle. Then, a second circle appeared. Now, there is also a floating white rectangle. The rectangle poses the biggest issue, because it remains on TOP of whatever other windows I have open, constantly obstructing part of my screen unless I reboot the computer. The circles remain on the desktop background. I have attached a picture of these weird white artifacts on my display.

Things I have already tried:

- Installing all available Windows patches and updates

- Updating graphics driver

- Checking/unchecking auto-brightness settings

Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen 61d40dcd-fd2c-439f-8183-98b7c41ec9c5?upload=true.png

:)

a_sinclair, Nov 30, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen

How to change the screen brightness?

Hi Xenasq,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way.

1. What is the model number of the device?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. What happens when you try to change the screen brightness?
    4. Which version of Windows is installed on your computer?

However, you can try the steps mentioned below and check if this helps.

You may refer the article on how to change the
    screen brightness in Windows 10. If you have any issues in adjusting the
    brightness, try to update the

Update Display adapter’s drivers

You may refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to Update the
    display adapters. Restart the computer and try to adjust the brightness.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen

1. Windows 10 1809: Cannot change screen brightness, floating white shapes on screen - Similar Threads - 1809 Cannot change

2. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  3. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change screen brightness: Screen too bright. Can't find way to simply lower brightness a little bit. Really hard on the eyes . Appreciate any solutions/recommendations. Otherwise, PC is OK. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/7fbb954a-18c8-4c8f-bbb1-0d7704975a52
  4. change screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen changes brightness according to level of white on the screen, only when connected to...

Screen changes brightness according to level of white on the screen, only when connected to...: So, I have just discovered this issue with my Acer Aspire 3 laptop. I shattered the screen, so being a broke college student, I decided to just connect my laptop to my 42" Samsung Smart TV to use as a monitor. Everything works fine after adjusting some things with audio...
  6. My screen is too white, and the brightness does NOT change anything.

My screen is too white, and the brightness does NOT change anything.: I've searched to the ends of the earth just to fix this damn problem. It's minor enough that it bugs you but not major enough to know when the hell I activated it. But I swear to GOD, if I open another Google Doc and I can't see the edge of the page, I'm going to smash my...
  7. I cannot change my screen/display brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot change my screen/display brightness: Dear readers, I recently updated my windows os to the latest update, and I cannot seem to change my brightness setting. I tried everything that I read online, from uninstalling and restarting my display drivers to trying to use 3rd party apps with no avail. I also tried to...
  8. Brightness of the screen is not changing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness of the screen is not changing.: The brightness slider is not working. I am able to change brightness percentage on the slider but it is not changing the screen brightness actually....
  9. change screen brightness

change screen brightness: I have updated my computer and it still does not work I also cant turn on the night light. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-screen-brightness/8efc0d03-b30b-45b6-8dba-e5ae5fd498c8
  10. Change screen brightness

Change screen brightness: How to change brightness in desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/change-screen-brightness/efa5f8c7-aeba-4104-9df0-bf558ecbe341

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i can not change brightness in windows 10 1809 version

2. windows 10 1809: cannot change screen brightness

3. my screen is to bright win 1809

4. display brightness control 1809 xps,
  5. display brightness problem dell xps 13 windows 1809