Windows 10: Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings

Discus and support Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup from Stereo to 5.1 when I cancel setting process. Finally VLC and others play DTS 5.1 HD or AC 3 (6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Graf, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings

Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup from Stereo to 5.1 when I cancel setting process.

Finally VLC and others play DTS 5.1 HD or AC 3 (6 channels) from movies and my connected stereo headphone doesn't play all "voices" anymore.

1. On taskbar right click on the Sound and select menu Sounds.

2. Select "Playback"

3. In my case the default audio device is the Universal Audio Twin USB. Click on button "Configure".

4. My audio device shows me the options Mono, Stereo, Quadraphonic, 5.1 Surround, 7.1 Surround.

5. Select "Stereo" and click "Test" - sound will be played (correctly).

6. Click Button "Next" which shows me Full-Range speakers (select "Front left and right") and click "Next" and "Finish" and finally "Ok".

Now again:

1. On taskbar right click on the Sound and select menu Sounds.

2. Select "Playback" - and my default audio device should be selected.

3. Click on button "Configure" and "Stereo" will be shown.

4. Now click "Cancel".

3. Click on button "Configure" again and "5.1 Surround" will be shown.

Is this a Windows 10, build 1809 bug or and an audio device driver bug? Can someone confirm this bug?

Windows OS 17763.253

:)

Robert Graf, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Speaker Setup (Unknown)

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the build of Windows 10 running on your system? This can be found by clicking on the ‘Windows’ icon at the bottom left corner of your screen and by typing in ‘winver’.
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the back panel ‘Line out’ for the speakers without any issues?

Please follow the methods below and check if it works out for you.

Method 1:

Run the audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. This can be done by the following steps:

1. Click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
    2. Type 'Troubleshoot' and click on 'Troubleshoot'.
    3. This will open 'Troubleshoot' in settings, select 'Playing Audio' and click on 'Run the troubleshooter'.
    4. Please follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check by disabling the NVIDIA audio drivers temporarily and restart your system to see if the issue still persists.

You can also update the audio drivers, you will need to look for ‘Sound, video and game controllers’, expand it to find the audio driver, example: ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’, please follow the steps in this

link
    to update the audio drivers.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jan 30, 2019
  3. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Realtek 'Speaker Fill' not working

Found a solution.

#1: Close Nehimic (setup does not auto-close it) and uninstall if it is installed.

#2: Uninstall Realtek drivers. Restart computer when prompted. When your computer comes back up, Realtek will be running off of Microsoft's generic HD Audio driver.

#3: Follow the directions here to prohibit Windows Update from reinstalling the Realtek driver.

#4: Open "Sounds" then "Playback Devices," select the device from the list and click on "Configure." Follow the prompts.

#5: Right click on the device and select "Properties," then "Enhancements," then check "Speaker Fill" and apply. If you do not see "Speaker Fill," repeat step #4 and make sure to pick a choice that has more than two speakers. "Apply" the changes.

#6: Start playing audio. You will have to restart the program if it was running in order for the change to take effect. Your stereo music should now be playing as Stereo Surround! *Big Grin Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings :D

FordGT90Concept, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings

Can't set speakers as 2.1

Well lads,
    I'm using a Windows 8 laptop and I'm trying to set my speakers as 2.1 as I've just bought a new little speaker system for it.

When I'm in audio config, it only shows stereo 2.0 and nothing else can be changed??

I'm unable to get any bass/treble control or any special features! even the realtek/dolby audio control thing doesn't allow any bass/treble changes... it only has EQ changes and that's it.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Irish_PXzyan, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings

1. Windows 10, 1809 changes audio speaker setup when cancel settings - Similar Threads - 1809 changes audio

2. Speaker setup not saving settings in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker setup not saving settings in windows 10: I have a problem. I want to setup surrounding sounds. I go to "Sound Control Panel" then I click "Configure". Finish. Test is OK, but music, youtube, etc is only in main speaker green plug and no other speakers. I tried tips from:...
  3. Speaker setup in windows sound setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker setup in windows sound setting: Hi All, I have two laptops Dell XPS 15 and Alienware area51m, both running on windows 10. Now I had some system level issues with alienware, dell updates were not working. I did a system reset and now it is resolved the issue. The current issue is with the speaker...
  4. Windows 10 No Audio with speakers

Windows 10 No Audio with speakers: Headset works but speakers do not except for starting sound. Tried reinstallingWindows 10 and audio drivers without success. Troubleshooter of no help. Following is Hardware ID for High Definition Speakers: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2805&SUBSYS_1179FC50&REV_1000...
  5. Sound from speakers/earphones when audio media changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound from speakers/earphones when audio media changes: I used to have this problem well still do, but it's all but completely unnoticeable now when using earphones where I would constantly hear crackling, regardless of what I was playing. I remedied this by going to Device Manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers, RealtekR...
  6. Audio lag with speakers new desktop setup

Audio lag with speakers new desktop setup: Hi, I recently bought a new desktop and the monitor did not have sound included, thus I am using a bluetooth speaker with it. After setting up windows 10 today I have noticed a considerable lag with the bluetooth speaker. I have seen several forum posts about this but none...
  7. Windows 10 (1809 17763.134) speaker setup reset to stereo after refresh rate change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 (1809 17763.134) speaker setup reset to stereo after refresh rate change: hi, there is a little bug in windows 10 october update 1809 17763.134. tested with hdmi audio, Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4600 - Graphics 630 i know that sound reverting to stereo after reboot... was a problem in earlier releases too. this time sound is not reverting, but...
  8. Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed

Speaker Setup Unknown and No audio output device is installed: I have looked at the community and the fixes I have seen has not helped. Under the device for Sound - games, etc. is no longer installed as well as the audio near the top of the device manager. I have done the trouble shoot and rebooted without any luck. I have also...
  9. When Changing to Bluetooth Speaker/Headphones Audio Stops

When Changing to Bluetooth Speaker/Headphones Audio Stops: When I have a program that has audio open and decide to switch to a bluetooth speaker or headphones the device is recognized and it switches over but when I look at the volume mixer the program does not move to the new device. I have tried it with a desktop and laptop with...
  10. Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?: Unlike windows 7, when I make setting changes in Windows 10 it seems to occur immediately? Is there a way to cancel those changes while I am on the same page before exiting? I hope this makes sense? i.e. I went to power settings and adjusted the display mode and sleep mode,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 speaker setup off

2. speaker setup unknown off windows 10

3. speaker setup unknown windows 10

4. speaker setup is off,
  5. troubleshoot speaker setup unknown,
  6. windows change program speaker 1809 vs 1607,
  7. speaker setup,
  8. sound issues with windows 10 1809 when more than one user logged on to computer,
  9. windows 10 1809 sound issues,
  10. 1809 speakers stereo restart