Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I've made my update from 1803 to 1809 yesterday and since then, I have a strange behavoir of my display settings. I have 3 displays,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Enatras, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Enatras Win User

Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor

Hello everybody,

I've made my update from 1803 to 1809 yesterday and since then, I have a strange behavoir of my display settings. I have 3 displays, 2 on my desk (display 1 and 3) and a TV (display 2). Everytime I want to watch TV, I'm doing this by duplicating display 3 to 2. Display 1 stays always the same.

1803 behavoir:

1.) Duplicating 3 to 2 > Changes resolution to my preferred TV resolution

2.) Reverting back to "Only on 3" > Changes resolution and display positions back to the value before 1.)

1809 behavoir:

1.) Duplicating 3 to 2 > Changes resolution to my preferred TV resolution

2.) Reverting back to "Only on 3" > Resolution stays the same as when duplicating 3 to 2 on display 3, positions are reset to a default (?) positioning

3.) Therefore I have to change the resolution and all display positions everytime manually back to my preferred setup

Can somebody verify this behavoir and maybe give me a solution to get the old behavoir back? Temporarilyduplicating to an external display shouldn't change the entire display configuration after unplugging the external display again.

Thank you! Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor :)

:)

Enatras, Apr 10, 2019
  2. riley1232 Win User

Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties after connecting the monitor. It seems to have set the custom resolution, however the laptop display still is blurry and does not look like it does when the external monitor is disconnected. Are there any other settings that need to be changed? I do not care if the external monitor is distorted, I just need the full resolution on the laptop.

riley1232, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector

I can no longer Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector. This function stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update.

I can still detect two video sources external to the laptop, but cannot have the same video on both monitors simulateously.

KenSleeman, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor

Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

Since the recent Windows update Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292), we are experiencing issues with the
    Resolution Settings for Multiple Displays.

For our application it is crucial that the external monitor is running on a resolution in duplicate mode, which is
    not the recommended one by Windows. However, whenever switching between
    extend these displays and duplicate these displays, Windows does not remember the previously used
    Resolution Settings in duplicate mode, but switches back to the recommended
    Resolution Settings.

We experienced this issue with a Microsoft Surface Pro, with Windows 10 “Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292)”.

We also tested the same thing with an older Windows version “Version 1803 (Build: 17134.523)” and did
    not experience that problem.

Chrull1988, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor

1. Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor - Similar Threads - 1809 changing display

2. black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...: Yesterday, I changed my 2nd monitor to "duplicate display" with my laptop screen. Then I made the mistake of using the advanced option to not allow Windows to access "this display" or something like that thinking that would shut down my laptop display and keep the external...
  3. black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...: Yesterday, I changed my 2nd monitor to "duplicate display" with my laptop screen. Then I made the mistake of using the advanced option to not allow Windows to access "this display" or something like that thinking that would shut down my laptop display and keep the external...
  4. black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not able to change resolution w/ external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not able to change resolution w/ external monitor: I try to keep this short.Have a Asus TUF FX516PR. Since last year and a AOC Agon AG493UCX. Its a huge monitor in 32:9 if someone doesn't know, connected via usb-c. Last week i bought a new ssd and installed it. Put Windows10 on it and installed the Drivers from the Asus...
  6. Windows not able to change resolution w/ external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not able to change resolution w/ external monitor: I try to keep this short.Have a Asus TUF FX516PR. Since last year and a AOC Agon AG493UCX. Its a huge monitor in 32:9 if someone doesn't know, connected via usb-c. Last week i bought a new ssd and installed it. Put Windows10 on it and installed the Drivers from the Asus...
  7. Display resolution on monitor changing

Display resolution on monitor changing: When I use "Extend" when after pressing Win + P, my monitor resolution is fine. But then when I close the laptop lid or make it "Second screen only" the resolution becomes worse. Not really sure how it started or when but I am sure it wasn't always like this. I will attach a...
  8. Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor

Unable to change screen resolution for external monitor: I have a Surface Laptop 3, and a Viotek 34" ultrawide monitor, connected through the Microsoft docking station using Display port to Mini-Display port. When I originally connected my laptop, I was able to adjust the external monitor's resolution with no problem. Recently,...
  9. Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set different resolution on each monitor when duplicating displays: Hello, I just bought a new Samsung Q60R 4K tv. When I connect it to my laptop via HDMI, it sets the resolution to 4k on both my laptop main display (which is only capable of 1600x900) and the TV so my laptop screen looks blurry as the Desktop resolution is 3840x2160 and the...
  10. External Monitor Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor Resolution: Last update, my laptop came back with the resolution of the external monitor set back to 1024x768, with its normal 1280x1024 not available to select. How do I get that resolution back?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 external monitor resolution duplicate