Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, We're running Windows 10 Education 1809 build 17763.503 and following from our upgrade from 1709 desktop toast notifications has completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by webmunkey, May 31, 2019.

1. webmunkey Win User

Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working

Hi All,

We're running Windows 10 Education 1809 build 17763.503 and following from our upgrade from 1709 desktop toast notifications has completely stopped on a select few workstations.

However, they work fine when connected via remote desktop

I have:

• Made sure applications are set to send notifications in the Notifications & actions page
    • Checked Background Apps is set to On
    • Performed a fresh reinstall with an ISO direct from Microsoft then applied any pending updates
    • Applied the same GPs as known working workstations

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

:)

webmunkey, May 31, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 31, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, May 31, 2019
  4. NuMs Win User

Cannot get notifications to work

Hello,

Awhile back notifications suddenly stopped working, I can't remember if it was after an update.

Under Settings > System > Notification & actions. I have "Get notification from apps and other senders" enabled and have toggled the switch to on under the app list. Still nothing.

Bit of googling founda suggestion to run the SFC, while it did find and repair files, notifications still do not work.

Any ideas?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working - Similar Threads - 1809 desktop notifications

2. Notifications and calendar stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications and calendar stopped working: I click on the clock \ date icon on the taskbar, nothing opens ...After clicking on the clock \ date icon, the following error immediately appears in the logs:Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.22621.608, timestamp: 0xac8d8a36Faulting module...
  3. Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365 desktop notifications stop working after a while: I recently got a new work computer and installed Office 365. Desktop notifications worked at the beginning for a while but then stopped. When they stopped working, I repaired Office and they started working for a short period of time but then stopped working. So I completely...
  4. Windows 10 Notifications stop working.

Windows 10 Notifications stop working.: I use windows 10 notifications for discord, so when I get a message or ping it shows up on my monitor. This works most the time but not always. After a reboot I notice I have to go into task manager and restart Windows Explorer or sometimes go into Notification settings and...
  5. Outlook Notification stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook Notification stopped working: After we have updated to the latest version of windows. The outlook notification suddenly stopped. I have checked the settings and it has configured properly. Anyone has the same experience? submitted by /u/lunarcat__ [link] [comments]...
  6. Taskbar notifications stopped working

Taskbar notifications stopped working: I just purchased a new Surface Laptop 3 three days ago and all of a sudden the Windows Mail taskbar icon no longer displays the badge with the unread message count. I didn't change anything in settings, but have already checked to make sure these notifications are turned on...
  7. win 10 ver 1809 Notification center is not working

win 10 ver 1809 Notification center is not working: After update from version 1803 to latest 1809 Notification center is not working properly. Already check Privacy /Notifications and Privacy/ Background settings... Also scanned disk for bad files. No errors. My data: PC-- HP Pavilion PC-570 Windows Edition -- Home...
  8. Links inside Windows 10 Notifications stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Links inside Windows 10 Notifications stopped working: I've allowed some websites (e.g. Dansdeals.com) to send Notifications to my Windows 10 laptop. The notifications come in and I can see them listed with the Subject Line when I click on the Notifications Icon. All well and good, however these notifications contain a Link to a...
  9. Notifications not working after the October update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications not working after the October update 1809: I updated all my devices to the newest windows 10 build 1809. On both surface 3 and laptop Lenovo G580 I experience a problem with not working windows notifications. The notifications icon in the Windows 10 task bar tells me I have new notifications, but when I click on it, I...
  10. Notifications destroyed in Windows 10, 1809

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notifications destroyed in Windows 10, 1809: Why all notifications destroyed after clicking on notification icon in Windows 10, 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-destroyed-in-windows-10-1809/90ee6b75-b6df-4741-99f8-78833eeb48a1"