Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 drive occasionally disappears from disk management

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 drive occasionally disappears from disk management in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Look at this nice picture. Of course this is not the first time I see this "feature". Drive is visible in explorer. Drive is accessible from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KRrfrrr, May 17, 2019.

1. KRrfrrr Win User

Windows 10 1809 drive occasionally disappears from disk management

Look at this nice picture. Of course this is not the first time I see this "feature".

Drive is visible in explorer. Drive is accessible from explorer. Drive is visible in 3rd party apps. Drive is healthy. Chkdsk passed ok for all partitions on this drive (you support bots don't ask me to do it again).

But! There is no drive in Windows disk management!

Again, I am asking these so called developers: can you make anything in your product reliable?

Don't ask me to reboot: it doesn't solve this issue, the drive will disappear again in some few days-weeks. Fix it! Or hire someone who is able to do the job!

Can you fix it? Or like usual - "thank you for your question, run chkdsk, or reboot, or switch some setting"?

Windows 10 1809 drive occasionally disappears from disk management cd51aa20-4088-404d-b9d2-fa718149c2fe?upload=true.png

:)

KRrfrrr, May 17, 2019
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, May 17, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, May 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 drive occasionally disappears from disk management

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 drive occasionally disappears from disk management

1. Windows 10 1809 drive occasionally disappears from disk management - Similar Threads - 1809 drive occasionally

2. Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10: I have my windows laptop for 3 years and it has bluetooth built-in inside. I've been using the bluetooth mostly to connect to my ear-buds and it went well on most days. But, I've been struggling with the same error ... the bluetooth option just went missing on some days. I've...
  3. Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10: I have my windows laptop for 3 years and it has bluetooth built-in inside. I've been using the bluetooth mostly to connect to my ear-buds and it went well on most days. But, I've been struggling with the same error ... the bluetooth option just went missing on some days. I've...
  4. Bluetooth Occasionally Disappears on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk drive disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk drive disappearing: My disk drive keeps vanishing at a random point in time within 1- 30 min after I fully shut down and restart my computer. the data still exists on the computer and the drive, its just not accessible by me or my programs. I've tried a bunch of things so far, but I'm very...
  6. Disk drive disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk drive disappearing: My disk drive keeps vanishing at a random point in time within 1- 30 min after I fully shut down and restart my computer. the data still exists on the computer and the drive, its just not accessible by me or my programs. I've tried a bunch of things so far, but I'm very...
  7. Disk drive disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Disk drive disappeared

Disk drive disappeared: Yesterday I was opening my laptop and for the first time it took so long in the logo screen, took about 5 mins just to start up, and then my shortcuts weren't working since disk drive D isn't recognized by windows at all, disc management, device manager it wasn't there I even...
  9. Drive keeps disappearing from device manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive keeps disappearing from device manager in Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows installed on an SSD drive and have 4x3TB HDDs in a RAID10 volume. Every time I restart/shutdown/log off the RAID array disappears from the system ie does not appear in explorer and applications complain during startup that they cannot find the files. If...
  10. Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10

Recently, Second hard drive occasionally disappears in Windows 10: Have a custom-built computer with SSD and a hard drive for data (Labeled E). Have had no problems for 5 years. I usually leave the computer on for a few days at a time, and restart a couple of times a week. For the past month or so, when I go to the computer in the...