Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having an issues for sometime now where I can't right click and click "New", I used shell explore to disable all Non MS extensions and it is better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chewie Wookiee, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

Having an issues for sometime now where I can't right click and click "New", I used shell explore to disable all Non MS extensions and it is better where sometimes I can click new and it will work but always will fail on the first try.

I see others reporting this issue and have tried various fixes but nothing seems to work for me. I was really hoping not to have to create a new profile.

Is someone willing to assist?

Stopped working here :

Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New" f7b31229-8ab2-4575-87d4-9aebe245038f?upload=true.png

This is my context menu when loads

Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New" d34ccb86-e7ae-42ed-8563-f7c2eba5a71e?upload=true.png

:)

Chewie Wookiee, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

1. Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New" - Similar Threads - 1809 Freezing right

2. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  3. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New": It freezes for about 10 seconds, but then it works. I tried many things: using ShellExView to disable extensions, uninstalling some programs, running in safe mode, I used DISM to check for health, nothing worked. Windows is updated, drivers are updated, I don't know what to...
  4. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  5. My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop freezes when I right click and mouse over "new"?: My laptop lately has been freezing whenever my mouse hovers over "new" in the menu that pops up after you right click on the desktop. It didn't use to do this, and I'm not sure what has changed or how to fix it. I encounter this problem a lot when I try to make a new folder...
  6. Right click on "new"

Right click on "new": when I right-click on my Windows 10 desktop and get a list of options, they all work except "New" which "hangs" then crashes. I can' find a solution for this. I've been through the registry suggestions, and re-installed the O/S (Windows 10 64 bit), but to no avail. Can...
  7. Right Click New Context Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click New Context Freeze: Hello, I'm still having problems with my context menu when I right click on the desktop and go to "New" It freezes before showing any options. I have uninstalled programs that had placed items in the new context menu so at this moment I only have the default things, but it's...
  8. Freeze After Hit "New" on Right-Click

Freeze After Hit "New" on Right-Click: Hello, i have problem with my Windows 10 after Update to Latest , when i right click and hit "New" option then my Desktop / File Explorer freeze for few second , so are this Windows problem or caused by app ?...
  9. Windows 10 1809 > Right click > New - Explorer Crash

Windows 10 1809 > Right click > New - Explorer Crash: Well, after updated to 1809 when I right click in the Explorer to create a new folder or anything other Explorer freeze for a 20sec and then nothing happens. After a few moments when I try again the context menu opens the "NEW" items but with in a few seconds. Then it...
  10. Right Click "New" freezes system.

Right Click "New" freezes system.: Recently I am facing this issue. whenever I click right click and select new, the menu box or 'context menu' freezes along with the file explorer. It does not happen with other items such as sort by or view by options in the context menu. It only occurs when I click new. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click new freeze windows 10

2. windows 10 desktop right click freeze

3. windows 10 when right click new it freezes

4. right click new hangs windows 10,
  5. Windows 10 freeze while pressing right click,
  6. freezing desktop right click ,
  7. right click hangs on desktop windows 10 1809,
  8. windows 10 mcafee right click freeze,
  9. windows 10 freezing when selecting new,
  10. windows 10 right click freeze,
  11. windows 10 rightclick new freeze,