Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Installs, but Computer is Not Usable

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Installs, but Computer is Not Usable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I work in IT at a small town bank, and I have been having issues updating one of my machines to 1809 from 1803. The computer is a Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by James Brauer, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1809 Installs, but Computer is Not Usable

Hello everyone, I work in IT at a small town bank, and I have been having issues updating one of my machines to 1809 from 1803.

The computer is a Dell Precision T3620, it is running the 6th gen i7, so it isn't anymore then a couple years old, and we do use Active Directory here if that makes any difference. The problem I have been running into is that when I update this computer to 1809 through either Windows Update or using the Update Assistant, the update seems to go normally, but when I go to login in for the first time it takes it over five minutes, and once I get in I can't launch applications and the task manager shows literally over 700 instances of Windows error reporting running. I have tried updating this computer a couple times using both Windows Update and the Update Assistant tool and I have made sure all drivers and the BIOS are up to date and it is still doing this.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? I have been looking around but I am at a loss as to what is causing this.

:)

James Brauer, Apr 24, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 24, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 1809 Installs, but Computer is Not Usable

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 Installs, but Computer is Not Usable

1. Windows 10 1809 Installs, but Computer is Not Usable - Similar Threads - 1809 Installs Computer

2. Windows 10 usable ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 usable ram: So my hp pavilion 15 notebook has 6 gb ram and it says 3.19 usable, i fixed this by restoring bios to default settings and it turned to 5.19 usable but it happened again and i tried restoring bios to default settings and nothing happened, i need help...
  3. Windows 10 usable ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 usable ram: So my hp pavilion 15 notebook has 6 gb ram and it says 3.19 usable, i fixed this by restoring bios to default settings and it turned to 5.19 usable but it happened again and i tried restoring bios to default settings and nothing happened, i need help...
  4. Windows 10 usable ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 32GB Installed 16GB Usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32GB Installed 16GB Usable: One month ago I upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram. But since then it has said 32GB Installed memory 16GB usable and the other 16GB is in the hardware reserved.The motherboard does support 32GB ram and so does the processor. But I have tried these steps and still doesn't...
  6. Windows 10 Version 1809 Installing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1809 Installing.: I had this issue with Version 1809 last year december, an agent from Team Microsoft told me to "not yet install it and give it a few weeks before trying again". Never did i again tried to install the 1809, but now i recently notice that my device began to slow down and found...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Failed Install

Windows 10 1809 Failed Install: Dell Latitude E5570 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.648 Norton Anti Virus All drivers have been updated I received automatic update for Windows 10 1809. I attempted to install two times but it became stuck at 77%. Error 0xc1900101. I attempted to use...
  8. Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?: I am trying to use oldnewexplorer (ONE). When I try to install ONE I find it reported as installed. I can find no evidence of the installation. It does not appear in control panel installed program list . Search does not find it. A file search reports only one entry - the...
  9. iXCloud will not install on Windows 10 1809?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iXCloud will not install on Windows 10 1809?: Tried to install iCloud on the new v1809 and its telling me that its only compatible with windows up to 1803. Does anybody know of a solution and/or a workaround to install iCloud or does microsoft have a solution, this has been apparent nor since the October update and it...
  10. Windows 10 1809 didn't install

Windows 10 1809 didn't install: Hello, recently I did a clean install of Windows to my PC. Before the format I had installed the 1809 update and it was working great. Now after the format the first I did was to install the 1809 update. Before the format Windows Update couldn't find the update and I...