Windows 10: windows 10 1809 is starting/stopping

Discus and support windows 10 1809 is starting/stopping in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP18-5021 computer HDD was configured as GPT. I reconfigured it to MBR and clean installed W10 V1809 and updated. I installed a few generic programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ruggb, Apr 30, 2019.

1. ruggb Win User

windows 10 1809 is starting/stopping

HP18-5021 computer
    HDD was configured as GPT. I reconfigured it to MBR and clean installed W10 V1809 and updated. I installed a few generic programs and do not believe any are responsible for this problem.
    When w10 starts to boot, the progress circles run smoothly. As soon as it gets to the logon screen, the circles begin to start/stop about every 1 sec for about 1/2 sec. When it is fully booted, the start/stop continues and everything is affected - mouse, programs, etc.
    Process explorer is showing SYSTEM with very high usage, like 25-35%. This isn't normal. Another computer shows <1% usage.
    DPCs are constantly green <500µs.
    Restart in diagnostic mode - same issue.
    What is causing this?

:)

ruggb, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 30, 2019
  4. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 1809 is starting/stopping - Similar Threads - 1809 starting stopping

2. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue: Hello. Windows Store/ Microsoft store installed all updates to every app that is currently installed on my computer UWP and i noticed that it only shows the downloading icon in the pinned apps list. Any idea on how to fix this?...
  3. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue: Hello. Windows Store/ Microsoft store installed all updates to every app that is currently installed on my computer UWP and i noticed that it only shows the downloading icon in the pinned apps list. Any idea on how to fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!: I use a ton of programs like Steam, VirtualBox and a few others. My ASUS is running Windows 10, version 1809 - I have problems all the time. This problem is where my start menu files are corrupted. I also cannot access the internet because Microsoft Edge won't work, and it's...
  6. Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 desktop notifications stopped working: Hi All, We're running Windows 10 Education 1809 build 17763.503 and following from our upgrade from 1709 desktop toast notifications has completely stopped on a select few workstations. However, they work fine when connected via remote desktop I have: Made sure...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input: Start Menu does not take any input until I run ctfmon using task manager. ctfmon is not disabled, fails to work. I am a local administrator on the machine I have done the following Installed latest Updates SFC /ScanNow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Chkdsk...
  8. no sound when starting windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound when starting windows 10 version 1809: Sometimes when I start my system, I will have no sound. I then restart my system and the sound then works. Here are my sound drivers: AMD High Definition Audio Device 3/30/2018 10.0.1.7 Realtek High Definition Audio 5/20/2016 6.0.1.7829 I searched Windows update, and...
  9. Start menu's search randomly stops working after update to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu's search randomly stops working after update to 1809: Hi, We rolled out 1809 in our company couple of days ago. After update I noticed annoying problem with start menu. When I hit win-key and start to type a program's name (outl..., mstsc etc) the start menu grays out and goes unresponsive. It comes back to life if I hit...
  10. Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen...: It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated. It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW. Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keep stopping display driver windows 10 1809