Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The three most recent cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1809, KB4495667, KB4501835 and KB4493509 were not exactly bug free. Windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 6, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC

The three most recent cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 1809, KB4495667, KB4501835 and KB4493509 were not exactly bug free. Windows 10 version 1809 is affected by several issues currently, and Microsoft just added a new issue to the list.

The issue originated in KB4493509 according to the known issues listing on the official support page. The update was released on April 9, 2019 as part of April's Patch Tuesday. It appears that Microsoft did not resolve the issue in the two updates that followed for Windows 10 version 1809 so that KB4495667 and KB4501835 are affected as well.

Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC windows-10-1809-bug-asian-languages.png

The issue affects systems with "some" Asian language packs installed.

After installing KB4493509, devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, "0x800f0982 - PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND."

Microsoft notes that systems affected by the issue "may" receive the error "0x800f0982 - PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND". Pretty vague, especially since Microsoft did not even provide a list of language packs with that issue.

Microsoft lists two mitigation options:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the language pack that were recently added to the system.
    2. Check for Updates to install the "April 2019 Cumulative Update".

The second suggestion is puzzling. Considering that updates are cumulative and that April or May updates are already installed on the system, it is unclear why Windows Update would push an earlier update to the system (again).

Microsoft suggests, under the second option, that users should reset their PC if reinstalling the language pack does not resolve the issue.

If reinstalling the language pack does not mitigate the issue, reset your PC as follows:

1. Go to the Settings app > Recovery.
    2. Select Get Started under the Reset this PC recovery option.
    3. Select Keep my Files.

It is unclear why Microsoft does not suggest to uninstall the affected updates to resolve the issue. Could it be that the issue persists when that is tried?

Microsoft notes that it is working on a resolution for the issue and that it will include it in future updates.

Closing Words

The documentation leaves lot to be desired: it does not list language packs that are known to cause the issue, does not reveal how the error manifests itself, and makes a suggestion -- to check for updates to install an earlier cumulative update -- that makes little sense.

I'd try the language pack deinstallation and installation first, then the removal of updates affected by this. Depending on how serious the issue is, you might consider resetting the PC as a last resort unless you have a backup that you can restore.

If you have not installed the latest cumulative updates yet and have Asian language packs installed, you may want to wait with the installation just a bit longer (until the issue is resolved).

As far as Windows 10 version 1809 is concerned, could this become the buggiest version of Windows ever?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 6, 2019

2. Speech Language packs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 6, 2019
  3. Speech language pack is not download!!

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share the below information to help you better.

• When you say Language pack it not downloading, do you receive any error message?
    • If yes, what is the error message?

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC

Trying to change display language but "No language pack available"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the English language pack.
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download the language pack.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Double click on Language.

• Click on Add language.

• Double Click on English language.

• Click on options on right hand side of the English language pack.

• Click on Download and install language pack.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC

1. Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC - Similar Threads - 1809 Language Pack

2. Windows 10 Language Pack reset after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Language Pack reset after some time: Hello comunity, we install in our environment Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2, Build 19042.1949. After the Windows 10 installation, we installing the language packs for the operating system. When the user is logged on, the language is then in the installed language, but sometime...
  3. Windows 10 Language Pack reset after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Language Pack reset after some time: Hello comunity, we install in our environment Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2, Build 19042.1949. After the Windows 10 installation, we installing the language packs for the operating system. When the user is logged on, the language is then in the installed language, but sometime...
  4. Microsoft language packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft language packs: Hi. Could anyone tell me if I need to buy windows 11 pro to get multiple languages or will windows11 home edition be sufficient. My wife sometimes needs to use Japanese as well as English. My existing computer is windows 10 pro which was upgraded from windows 7 ultimate...
  5. Microsoft language packs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft language packs: Hi. Could anyone tell me if I need to buy windows 11 pro to get multiple languages or will windows11 home edition be sufficient. My wife sometimes needs to use Japanese as well as English. My existing computer is windows 10 pro which was upgraded from windows 7 ultimate...
  6. Windows 10 language pack issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 language pack issue: [ATTACH] Hello, I accidentally installed wrong language pack but now it is messing up with all other language packs. Commands to change in between the language doesn't work now as well....
  7. Windows Language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Language pack: Hy, I bought yesterday from a store a Windows 10 software with romanian language ONLY. My question, is there a language pack for the english language, i mean for the whole system, display language. I'm waiting for your answer, Have a nice day...
  8. Issues with Arabic Language Pack

Issues with Arabic Language Pack: So, I downloaded the Arabic LP for Arabic class, just for occasional use, however immediately after downloading it, the entire computer decided that Arabic was the main language it wanted to use, even after switching to English. On boot up, my computer says it is in French,...
  9. Windows 10 Language Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Language Pack: Hello Experts, I am using Win 10 1903 x64 and where can get offline update for my korean language? the following function is seemed not working, looks keep searching-searching and searching. [ATTACH] I want my UI interface in windows is appears on Korean language....
  10. Language Pack Windows 10

Language Pack Windows 10: Why I don't have option English (EU)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack-windows-10/a3283fb3-73db-4620-b8d9-4f98b7a31422