Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 LTSC Multi-App Kiosk Provisioning Package unexpected context menu

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 LTSC Multi-App Kiosk Provisioning Package unexpected context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have logged a premier support call with Microsoft (2+weeks old now) about this unexpected behaviour but wanted to know if the community have seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TCG806, Aug 7, 2019.

1. TCG806 Win User

Windows 10 1809 LTSC Multi-App Kiosk Provisioning Package unexpected context menu

I have logged a premier support call with Microsoft (2+weeks old now) about this unexpected behaviour but wanted to know if the community have seen this..

Background

1. I have created an advanced provisioning package via the Image and Configuration Designer tool for a multi app kiosk, built the machine and installed the package via SCCM, and deployed the computers to site. All work great.
    2. The service desk gets a call advising that users cant print on these devices via citrix. I review the logs, find the problem, create a new provisioning package and begin to test deploying it out in my lab vms and physical machines.
    3. This is where the unexpected behaviour begins. When i go and remove the existing prov package and then install the new prov package, i reboot and the kiosk account signs in, the printing problem in citrix is resolved, however i can now right click the start menu and the context menu appears. There are no other problems except for this.

If i build the computer from scratch with this new prov package everything works fine with no context menu.

I need to find a fix so i can reapply provisioning packages without having end users able to have access to the context menu.

:)

TCG806, Aug 7, 2019

2. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article on
    Building Windows 10 Provisioning packages

However, the issue you posted is related to Provisioning packages with Windows 10 and would be better suited in the TechNet community. Please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Kiosk mode error when using rs5:AutoLaunch="true"

Windows 10 Build 1809 LTSC. Building a kiosk system to run a desktop application.

I setup a provisioning package using WCD and included an exported a start menu layout.

When I put rs5:AutoLaunch="true" in the xml to auto launch the app The following happens.

The custom layout menu briefly displays then I get this error.

"unhandled unknown exception; terminating the application"

I click ok to that error, then click on the desktop, the custom menu shows up. I can click on my icon and the application runs fine.

No errors in the AssignedAccess log (admin or operational and I enabled operational).

No errors in AppxLocker.

Don't know where to go from here.

Ericdukece, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 1809 LTSC Multi-App Kiosk Provisioning Package unexpected context menu

Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

Windows 10 1809 LTSC Multi-App Kiosk Provisioning Package unexpected context menu [​IMG]
    Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 LTSC Multi-App Kiosk Provisioning Package unexpected context menu - Similar Threads - 1809 LTSC Multi

2. Install .exe app with Provision package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install .exe app with Provision package: Hi,Has anyone had success using provisioning package to install .exe application before? It seems to work with .msi apps but never or so with .exe. Any suggestion would help!!Thank you so much, Alan...
  3. Windows 10 multi-app kiosk - apps not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 multi-app kiosk - apps not available: I have created a provisioning package to apply a Windows 10 multi-app kiosk. The associated XML allow for 2 Windows Store apps one from Microsoft and one from a third party to run. It creates an autologon user and puts 2 icons on the desktop for the apps. Once the package...
  4. Setting up Windows 10 Pro as multi-app kiosk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up Windows 10 Pro as multi-app kiosk: I'm following this guide to set up a multi-app kiosk: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/lock-down-windows-10-to-specific-apps I've built the package and have gotten to applying it after setup via Settings > Accounts > Access work or school > Add or...
  5. Why is Win10 1809 removing WLAN's installed by provisioning packages?

Why is Win10 1809 removing WLAN's installed by provisioning packages?: Good morning, Windows People. I push down the wifi settings in Windows images via installed PPK's. On the first few boots of Windows (v1809 LTSC) the WLAN is working, but usually after either (A) a full Windows Update is completed, or perhaps (B) the machine has been off...
  6. Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles

Provision Package to control Start Menu tiles: I have created a provisioning package that will control the start menu tiles for a kiosk machine I have having an issue where I can not get the logos onto the wide tiles. I have them working on the...
  7. Provisioning Package issues

Provisioning Package issues: Hey Yall, I am trying to set up a provisioning package using windows configuration designer to deploy to new Windows 10 machines and am having a lot of issues. I have tried a bare bones .ppkg with only one setting changed and also a full blown custom .ppkg with about 100...
  8. Using Provisioning Packages

Using Provisioning Packages: Hello Everyone, While reading about Provisioning Packages, I cannot figure out where and when to use them? I really appreciate if you could help find some use cases of PP. Why Microsoft came up with the idea of PP? Does they replace GPOs? (if anything to do with GPOs...
  9. Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10: How to: Create Provisioning Package in Windows 10 Create Custom Provisioning Package used to Reset Windows 10 or Create Recovery Drive [img] Information If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, in some cases you may want to recovery drive which you have...
  10. Windows 10 Kiosk mode not applying provisions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Kiosk mode not applying provisions: I have looked in other threads and couldn't find anything on this topic. I have a Win10 ENT 1709 trying to use the kiosk in a shared space at a College. I need to make Chrome the default browser and add Office tiles to the start button and Chrome on the taskbar. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 ltsc 2019 chrome assigned-access

2. windows 10 1809 LTSC kiosk mode

3. which is better for configuring Kiosk in windows 10 provisioning package or microsoft intune

4. multi app kiosk demo ppkg package,
  5. ltsc kiosk mode