Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Mail App - Folders Won't Stay Expanded

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Mail App - Folders Won't Stay Expanded in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I set the folders list to always show expanded? With 1809, the folder list keep collapsing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rich Alan, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Rich Alan Win User

Windows 10 1809 Mail App - Folders Won't Stay Expanded

How do I set the folders list to always show expanded? With 1809, the folder list keep collapsing.

:)

Rich Alan, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 1809 Mail App - Folders Won't Stay Expanded :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Apps are misisng and Live Mail is the same after upgrade to Windows 10.

Hello Sasse,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions before assisting further:

• When you say ”…the section with account names and folder won’t stay in the expanded mode”, do you mean after closing the app or when using the app?
    • Did you check if you close the app keeping the Expand option enabled you will be able to see the accounts and folders option next time you launch the app?

You will be able to see the accounts and folders in Mail app if you have enabled the
    Expand option even after closing and re-launching the app on Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the Expand option on Mail app by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Mail app and click on the Expand option i.e., three horizontal lines located at the top left corner of the app.
    • Check if it will display the options panel when you enable Expand option.
    • Close the app, re-launch it and check if you are able to view the left side panel of the app.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 Mail App - Folders Won't Stay Expanded - Similar Threads - 1809 Mail App

2. does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server: Does windows 10 mail allow to keep mail on server to view on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail-app-allow-mail-to-stay-on/3298af47-8b7f-45c6-9268-539fadd54a26
  3. does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does windows 10 mail app allow mail to stay on server: Does windows 10 mail allow to keep mail on server to view on other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-10-mail-app-allow-mail-to-stay-on/3298af47-8b7f-45c6-9268-539fadd54a26
  4. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail: The mail app completely stopped working today, I have to open it 3 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple of seconds before all accounts go blank. When I go into managing accounts within the app, they are not there.Any help is appreciated, I don't...
  5. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail: The mail app completely stopped working today, I have to open it 3 or more times before it stays open, and all mail shows for a couple of seconds before all accounts go blank. When I go into managing accounts within the app, they are not there.Any help is appreciated, I don't...
  6. Windows 10 mail app crashes and won't load mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Expanding Folder App/BAT Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Expanding Folder App/BAT Help: So im looking for some sort of program or bat file or VBS That i can put on my desktop and when i launch it a specific set of shortcuts will appear on my desktop. so basically i want to open a folder but instead of launching the file manager i want the files to appear on the...
  8. Keep All Folders expanded in windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep All Folders expanded in windows 10 mail: How do you keep All Folders expanded in Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-all-folders-expanded-in-windows-10-mail/b26ab429-f1c4-48e7-886e-91d63b865aaa"
  9. Windows 10 1809 won't stay connected to internet (wired)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 won't stay connected to internet (wired): I installed Win 10 1809 from DVD created with media creator. Works great as long as I am not online. A couple minutes after I go online (I can browse, start downloads etc) screen goes turns black and I can't do anything. I can hear power supply, fans etc running. Restarting...
  10. Folder won't stay deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder won't stay deleted: I have an empty folder on a USB-attached expansion drive that won't stay deleted. I delete it and it disappears. But a few days later it reappears. There are no error messages when I delete it. I never restore the drive or do anything else (that I'm aware of) to recover the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to keep folders expanded in mail app

2. how to keep email folders expanded in outlook

3. mail calendar windows 10 folder list expanded

4. how to keep the folders expanded in mail,
  5. how to keep open the folders list in mail and calendar for windows 10,
  6. outlook.com folders so not stay expanded,
  7. win 10 mail keep expand,
  8. mail apps 1809,
  9. can you keep the more folders options expanded on microsoft mail on windows 10,
  10. where is email folder windows 10 1809