Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Memory Leak

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Memory Leak in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1809 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1809 from v1803 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SamaelQliphoth, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1809 Memory Leak

Windows 10 v1809 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM

I updated to v1809 from v1803 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for awhile. Prior to the update, my system would idle at about 33% Memory usage, but afterward it tends to idle at 35% and steadily creeps up to 38% or so.

I've been trying to figure out the source of the change/problem, but I'm not exactly computer savvy.

I've tried seeing if my non-paged pool was too big (it's about 750-800mb), but I can't get a straight answer on what constitutes "problematically big". Even after using PoolMon, from what I can make sense of, the largest non-paged thing listed was IAStor, which I do not know where to update the driver for (if it has one). Also, the Empty Standby List thing in Rammap didn't work, either.

I've also tried to see if it was something to do with my Network Data Usage Monitor (I keep seeing it referred to as NDU), as I've seen that be listed as a culprit (though usually with Killer as the device, whereas I have Intel as best I can see) particularly since "Network" doesn't show in my Task Manager's Performance tab after my computer has been running for awhile. I ran the diagnostic for it in Windows, and it didn't see anything, though my Memory usage did drop somewhat, I do not know if it's related. Network still doesn't show in my Performance tab so I don't think it did anything, and I don't know what else to do to pursue this avenue.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is it the non-paged pool, NDU, or something else? And more importantly, how do I resolve it?

submitted by /u/SamaelQliphoth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SamaelQliphoth, Jan 14, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows Media Player in Windows 10 build 1809 - 17763.55 has a memory leak

Windows Media Player in Windows 10 build 1809 - 17763.55 has a memory leak and eventually runs out of memory and stops playing.

What can I do to fix this?

mikeyhalla, Jan 14, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Windows 10 1809 Memory Leak

Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 Memory Leak

1. Windows 10 1809 Memory Leak - Similar Threads - 1809 Memory Leak

2. Windows 10 - Memory Leaks

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Memory Leaks: I'm trying to determine what is causing a memory leak on my Work PC - its an old machine running Win 10 Pro - i7-5930, 64GB ram, Gigabyte X99 motherboard. The issue has only started a few months ago, but can't for the life of me work out what the issue is. I thought it could...
  3. Windows 10 memory leak

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 memory leak: I recently purchased a new laptop and when transferring my old files from my previous one I used a new backup program and accidentally cloned my old laptop onto the new one. This gave me a whole bunch of errors and my new key was lost so I torrented a copy of windows and did...
  4. Memory leak?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak?: Hello. As the title states, my pc idles at around 2gb (mostly 1,8-1,9gb). Tried resetting, updating windows, drivers , nothing helps. What could be the issue? Edit1: Opening discord adds another 1 GB. Opening league of legends adds 2 GBs. (Game runs on very low capped on 60...
  5. Windows 10 - memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - memory leak: I just recently started to notice that my ram usage went up without any apparent reason and my PC started to lag and even to freeze, something that didn't happened before. So i did some digging and found out this strange behavior using RAMMap something i couldn't see with a...
  6. is this memory leak?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this memory leak?: [ATTACH] Please see my paged pool and non paged pool. This is the screenshot after I restarted my laptop and directly go to the task manager to see memory. and i found this. Is this possible? And then I download media creation from Microsoft and reinstall the window but...
  7. WIndows 10 Memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 Memory leak: Good day , In the last week, my pc start presenting memory issues and i have been investigating and trying to solve them. the first one appeared was High use of memory like 98% when having nothing running, just pc in stand by. the problem of that was NonPaged Memory was...
  8. Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903: Recently I started having high memory usage on my systems, since updates to 1809. I went through all the normal steps of virus checking and driver updates even to the point of replacing a video card to afford most recent Nvidia updates. I have one system running 1809 and my...
  9. Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903: Recently I started having high memory usage on my systems, since updates to 1809. I went through all the normal steps of virus checking and driver updates even to the point of replacing a video card to afford most recent Nvidia updates. I have one system running 1809 and my...
  10. EDGE memory leak - W10 Version 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EDGE memory leak - W10 Version 1809: I've been trying to use Edge for several years, and still cannot keep it running a full day. I've reverted to only using it now to stream music and video, but am going to take a 6 month vacation (again) from Edge to see if the MS team can get it right. (Although IE11 was...