Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 1809 is missing most Display settings under the Advanced setting in Power Options. Options like dim display, adaptive brightness, etc are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tabascojoe, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options

Windows 10 1809 is missing most Display settings under the Advanced setting in Power Options.
    Options like dim display, adaptive brightness, etc are all gone after 1809.
    I've tested on a clean install and an upgrade... same.

What's frustrating is Windows enables adaptive brightness by default and does not give you an easy method to disable it.

I can use the powercfg cmd to disable adaptive brightness, but is a convoluted workaround to the issue.

Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options [​IMG]

:)

tabascojoe, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options

1. Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options - Similar Threads - 1809 Missing Display

2. Disconnect the display option is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnect the display option is missing.: Hello!I'm not sure what is going on, but my "disconnect display" option is missing from my display settings. It was there the day before yesterday, and I'm not aware of any windows update that rolled out, but it's gone now. There is no option under "Advanced Setting" to not...
  3. Disconnect the display option is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disconnect the display option is missing.: Hello!I'm not sure what is going on, but my "disconnect display" option is missing from my display settings. It was there the day before yesterday, and I'm not aware of any windows update that rolled out, but it's gone now. There is no option under "Advanced Setting" to not...
  4. Disconnect the display option is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problem finding Wireless display in optional features - windows 10 LTSC 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem finding Wireless display in optional features - windows 10 LTSC 1809: I am not able to add Wireless display in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSE 1809 ,I searched all , however not able to add wireless display adapter on my PCREquest please help ASAP....
  6. Problem finding Wireless display in optional features - windows 10 LTSC 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem finding Wireless display in optional features - windows 10 LTSC 1809: I am not able to add Wireless display in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSE 1809 ,I searched all , however not able to add wireless display adapter on my PCREquest please help ASAP....
  7. Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10: hi My pc has running windows 10 pro 64 bit current latest version in windows 10 2020/04/30 My Problem is - Missing multiple monitor display option in windows 10 Plz i won Quickly answer to this problem...
  8. Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809.

in Cortana
    Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809.: Hey Guys, I had a post in the Feedback Hub that suggested the Search Box have an option to search for Folders, so I was thrilled for about a month when Microsoft changed the Search option to include Folders, Videos, and Music icons with a simple click! However, seemingly,...
  9. Windows 10 1809 store is missing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 1809 store is missing.: Hello, I'm not very happy of my problem. So, I was on Windows 7 before I got my PC on Windows 7 a few months after finally upgraded it to Windows 10 1809, and I see the Windows store missing. I tried multiple things: The thousands of powershell "get -appx"(...) commands,...
  10. Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809: When will be the next update to fix the problem of missing the toggle to turn off the adaptive brightness in windows update 1809? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-display-toggle-for-adaptive-brightness-in/bf9d3952-1caa-4112-a239-3e8335bd2c45

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display adapter properties windows 10 1809

2. windows 1809 no offline account option

3. adaptive brightness missing windows 10

4. missing rollback option windows 10 version 1809,
  5. windows 1809 no display adapter,
  6. adaptive brightness missing in windows 10 1809,
  7. windows 10 1809 display adapter properties,
  8. windows 10 adaptive display missing,
  9. windows 10 missing a lot of options,
  10. missing display option windows 10 1809,
  11. advanced display settings in windows 10 1809,