Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 - Office Language

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 - Office Language in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello - We have Windows 10 1809 running with Office 2016. One of the user needs Japanese language in Office so that he can type in Word alone but still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vinod7, Jan 14, 2020.

1. /u/vinod7 Win User

Windows 10 1809 - Office Language

Hello - We have Windows 10 1809 running with Office 2016. One of the user needs Japanese language in Office so that he can type in Word alone but still have the OS Display language as English. So Added the additional keyboard of Japanese, but still cannot make it work. The user cannot still type in Japanese inside Word. any help

submitted by /u/vinod7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vinod7, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Language selection windows and office

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the interest in purchasing Microsoft products.

For us to make sure that you'll be getting a device and software with an English language, we suggest that you discuss the following with your sales representative.

• Test your laptop before purchasing it.
    • Make sure its not a single language Windows 10.

The language of Office products depends on your computer system. This is the reason why you need to check if its a single language device or not. From the word itself, single language has only one language available. Your computer settings will not give
    you any options to change it based on your preference.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jhessica Sur, Jan 14, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 - Office Language - Similar Threads - 1809 Office Language

2. Office 2022 language fix!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2022 language fix!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I downloaded Office 2021 from softpedia.com but it is in another language. I want to set into English language but English is not in preferences, settings. I've downloaded English Pack both 32 and 64 bit saying Not compatible with office version....
  3. Office language problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office language problem: Hello there, in the company I work, I have a specific problem. The default language of windows 10 was Italian, I changed to English and I removed Italian but in every office app the menu is mixed italian and english, how can I get rid of Italian at all ? Thank you,...
  4. Windows 10 Single Language and Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Single Language and Office 365: Hello!, If I have a windows 10 SL spanish, can I install office 365 in english?, I have always used excel in english formulas change in spanish.. Many New computer sold in my country come with W10 SL.....
  5. Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck: Hi there, I have a very frustrating language/spellcheck problem with Windows 10. Office 365 Outlook in this example is arbitrarily using a language I don't have installed English US to check some, but not all, spelling. Outlook is set to spell check in English New...
  6. Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck

Windows Language vs Office Spellcheck: Hi there, I have a very frustrating language/spellcheck problem with Windows 10. Office 365 Outlook in this example is arbitrarily using a language I don't have installed English US to check some, but not all, spelling. Outlook is set to spell check in English New...
  7. Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops

Adding a Language to Win 10 1809 laptops and desktops: Hello All, I have noticed that the language and keyboard setting that were on our organization's laptops for few users have been over written by defaults after 1809 upgrade. There are no features being displayed while adding a language and even after adding the language,...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Home single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 Home single language: Boot newly Installed Windows 10 1809 Home single language (and also Pro 1809) causes error: DRIVER UNLOAD WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATIONS. Problem caused by: dump WppRecorder.sys Unfortunately all suggested by microsoft methods to fix this didn't work, please help!...
  9. Excel Office 2010 error 2147417848 in Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Office 2010 error 2147417848 in Windows 10 1809: After the upgrade to Windows 10 1809 on a HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx 64 bits 8 GB Excel 2010 is giving problems. On different places in my macros I have errorcode 2147417848, randomly with commands copy, paste and clear. Also found: 'Automatiseringsfout. Er is een...
  10. [Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language

[Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language: Hi I need your help please. I would like to remove a keyboard language, as it sometimes automatically switches to it, namely CS:GO and Overwatch. I don't want that ; suddenly keys don't work and when I type something a few keys are different. It installed with CS:GO -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Solve Japanese language 1809

2. win 10 1809 language office