Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 really slow after update

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 really slow after update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, i recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64, because, after upgrading, i was having very weird problems (MSI afterburner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RossoPhantasma, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1809 really slow after update

Hello everyone, i recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64, because, after upgrading, i was having very weird problems (MSI afterburner not giving me the option to monitor my cpu temps/speed, really sluggish, really long boots time, etc) I have a Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM HDD (bought in October 2018 new), with a 77,5 GB partition with Windows and my programs (50,6 GB free), and a 853 GB partition for my games (629 GB free). I have a WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM (bought in February 2018 new) which i use to store my movies, VMs and other files. The thing is, after the fresh install, the computer was really fast, like, 1 second to open the file explorer, really snappy to boot, etc. But, when i downloaded the updates, all of that went to hell. The PC is awfully slow again, icons appear blank when booting to desktop until 40 seconds after boot, file explorer is sluggish, the HDD does grinding noises all the time. I know is a HDD, but, my brother's WD Black works faster than mine, and he has really heavy programs (Autocad Suite). I tried:

-Disabling Windows Search and Superfetch service (that helped a bit)

-Disabling programas on boot, except for Windows Defender, Nvidia control panel and Realtek control panel)

-Cleaning junk and defragging with windows defrag utiliy

-Checked S.M.A.R.T (no errors)

-Partitioned the disk in two during Windows installation

-Disabled Spectre and Meltdown patches (more on that later)

-Ran antivirus, antispyware, antimalware, adwcleaner, with no positives

-Uninstalled Windows crapware

-Disabled startup tasks and programs

I really don't know what more can i do, buying an SSD is on the to-do list, but it won't be happening right now, as im saving for an entire new pc. My current specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 (disabled spectre/meltdown, gained a little boost all-around)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA H61m s2v b3 1.1

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1333MHz in dual channel (they run at 1600MHz, but, chipset only supports 1333MHz)

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 64 MB cache (OS+Games partition)+1TB WD Blue 64 MB cache (no partitions).

:)

RossoPhantasma, Feb 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 1809 really slow after update

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 really slow after update

1. Windows 10 1809 really slow after update - Similar Threads - 1809 really slow

2. Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update: I just updated the BIOS and Edge Browser is really laggy. Not 100% sure it is BIOS but it is sus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-really-slow-after-bios-update/fafc960c-c73b-400a-8431-3ca3cfb13797
  3. Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update: I just updated the BIOS and Edge Browser is really laggy. Not 100% sure it is BIOS but it is sus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-really-slow-after-bios-update/fafc960c-c73b-400a-8431-3ca3cfb13797
  4. Laptop is really slow after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop is really slow after last update: Ok so I don’t know am I the only one having this problem? After the window 10 latest update, my laptop went extremely slow and lag, I am sure there’s nothing to do with virus or anything else but the update( my laptop went fine before the update). And yes I did tried...
  5. Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Really slow update on a newly installed Windows 10: Hi, After I installed my Windows 10 and connected to the internet, I downloaded Driver Easy to help update all the drivers. All the drivers had been successfully updated except the one for my GTX 1070. I downloaded the file straight from MSI(my GPU is from MSI) and NVIDIA...
  6. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  7. Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?: This is ridiculous! After I was forced to update to 1809 my computer is jerky, slow and sluggish. What is with that?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-so-slow-and-sluggish-after/f67cc59a-920d-4cdd-a855-1f15fd4c453a
  8. Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809

Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809: Be advised your internet download speed as tested at speedtest.net or fast.com may drop to around 5Mbps after Windows update 1809 is applied. Your upload speed will remain unaffected. The fix is to update your network card/chip drivers. This problem should have been...
  9. Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?

Why is Windows 10 so slow and sluggish after update to 1809?: This is ridiculous! After I was forced to update to 1809 my computer is jerky, slow and sluggish. What is with that?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-10-so-slow-and-sluggish-after/83ef3fc2-d029-42f6-b035-07e179c81ff8
  10. The Internet is really slow after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809. How...

The Internet is really slow after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 version 1809. How...: Since upgrading to Windows 10 1809, the Internet is very slow, web pages and web sites take a long time to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/the-internet-is-really-slow-after-upgrading-to/c11f1ff0-ccdf-4f4c-8362-181108e51f0f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 slow after update

2. upgrade to 1809 windows extremly slow

3. 1809 slow response

4. windows 10 slow after 1809 february update,
  5. windows 10 very slow after updated to 1809,
  6. windows 10 1809 wifi slow,
  7. why update 1809 is slowing computer,
  8. slow performance after updating to 1809 windows 10,
  9. win10 1809 ryzen 2600 slow after update,
  10. pc slow after updating to windows 1809,
  11. why is my internet slower after update win 10 1809,