Windows 10: Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

Discus and support Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar in Cortana to solve the problem; My system recently updated to Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.195 and the hide Cortana from the taskbar seems to no longer be available. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FullDevAbroad, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

My system recently updated to Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.195 and the hide Cortana from the taskbar seems to no longer be available.

Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar c4476ace-e498-492b-914b-92f094302b13?upload=true.jpg

Anyone know how to hide the Cortana button from the taskbar?

:)

FullDevAbroad, Dec 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Dec 26, 2018
  3. lucille15 Win User
    Cortana - Search and Task Bar

I have the same problems witch Task Bar, Cortana, Search Bar as other users, who wrote before me.

Is this going to be fixed by Microsoft, or we have to try all kind of suggestions from professionals?

I don't have access to any initial applications supplied with Windows 10. Task bar doesn't open.

Cortana is there only in a name. Cortana bar with Search don't respond. I badly need some of applications

originally present with Windows 10.

Tell me what to do in clear, simple instructions, please?

Thank You - Alexandra Mankiewicz - L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

lucille15, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar

1. Windows 10 (1809) remove Cortana from Task Bar - Similar Threads - 1809 remove Cortana

2. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Cortana
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  3. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Cortana from task bar?: I have a Windows 10 Home tablet. I cannot find any option in settings to remove Cortana from taskbar. When I right click on it, I see no options. I don’t use it yet it’s easy to accidentally click on. I very much hate it being there. Please help. Thank you....
  4. How do I remove Cortana from task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0 HEX That registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar....
  6. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0 HEX That registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar....
  7. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry KeyHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SearchValue name: SearchboxTaskbarModeValue type: REG_DWORDValue Data: 0 HEXThat registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar.I've...
  8. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Cortana
  9. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Cortana
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry KeyHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SearchValue name: SearchboxTaskbarModeValue type: REG_DWORDValue Data: 0 HEXThat registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar.I've...
  10. Cortana and task bar

in Cortana
    Cortana and task bar: I have Cortana turned off in its settings because I do not use it. I've never set it up. However, whenever I move my arrow to the bottom of the screen, for example, if I want to scroll the the right or left, the task bar pops up and freezes in place so that I can no longer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove cortana from wndows 10 1809

2. remove mail icon from taskbar windows 10 1809

3. remove mail from taskbar 1809

4. windows 10 1809 and cortana,
  5. 1809 remove the search bar mdt taskbar