Windows 10: [Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language

Discus and support [Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I need your help please. I would like to remove a keyboard language, as it sometimes automatically switches to it, namely CS:GO and Overwatch. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Neuer31, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Neuer31 Win User

[Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language

Hi

I need your help please. I would like to remove a keyboard language, as it sometimes automatically switches to it, namely CS:GO and Overwatch. I don't want that ; suddenly keys don't work and when I type something a few keys are different.

It installed with CS:GO - without my consent and it also switches keyboard ingame without my consent.

[Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language d0670248-0126-4849-8969-23049e632eee?upload=true.png

I want to get rid of ENG US but ofc keep ENG SG, and yes I prefer English display language, but Swiss Date & Time and Swiss Keyboard layout.

Best would be if applications are NOT allowed to install keyboard layouts without my consent at all.

Exact Windows version is:

Windows 10 Pro 1809, 17763.55 (up to date, targeted branch)

Thanks for any help

:)

Neuer31, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Oct 29, 2018
  4. [Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language

How to remove keyboard and language inputs that aren't listed in settings? [SOLVED]

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro N x64 and found that there are a number of keyboard inputs populating the list that I haven't added at any point (see attached image). During the install, I set the following options:

Language to install: English (UK)

Time and currency format: Danish

Keyboard or input method: Danish

Since I'm living in Denmark and have a Danish layout on my keyboard it made sense to me to have everything but the language of the OS set for Danish. What I don't understand is why that prompted Windows to give me 4 different inputs. Furthermore, the only
    language listed in the option menu is English and the only keyboard input method is Danish QWERTY.

Of the 4 inputs listed, I only wish to keep the top one. Where do the other 3 inputs come from and how to I remove them?

EDIT:
    Found solution in other thread on the forum

Simply add the languages and/or keyboard inputs that are mistakenly appearing and then remove them again.

[Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language 050689cb-d726-428e-a3df-517036f69672.png

morten7720, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

[Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language

1. [Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language - Similar Threads - 1809 Remove keyboard

2. Can't remove keyboard input language !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove keyboard input language !: Hi,I want to DISABLE COMPLETELY a keyboard input language from my OS. I never want any other KB layout than US ANSI. OS keep switching kb layouts... it seem to happen due to some hotkey combination, or a Windows update. It just now happened when I updated PowerToys to latest...
  3. Can't remove keyboard input language !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove keyboard input language !: Hi,I want to DISABLE COMPLETELY a keyboard input language from my OS. I never want any other KB layout than US ANSI. OS keep switching kb layouts... it seem to happen due to some hotkey combination, or a Windows update. It just now happened when I updated PowerToys to latest...
  4. Can't remove keyboard input language !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't remove input languages

Can't remove input languages: Windows just went crazy with input languages when I played with date format and added many input languages. I removed all unwanted layouts in language settings under Time & Language settings, yet still the inputs are still there, and I still cycle through them when using...
  6. To remove input language

To remove input language: The language seen in the language bar in the taskbar is not seen in the preferred languages of the settings. How can i remove the languages which is not seen in the settings. In the language bar in the taskbar, HIndi and Tamil language are seen, but when i tried to remove it...
  7. Can't remove keyboard language input QAA

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove keyboard language input QAA: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gilad215 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvl5mu/cant_remove_keyboard_language_input_qaa/
  8. keyboard shortcuts input language

keyboard shortcuts input language: I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard. I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use. The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!...
  9. Keyboard input language issues.

Keyboard input language issues.: my keyboard now produces é instead of backslash and É instead of question mark How do I repair ***Original Title: Keyboard*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-input-language-issues/50445bf1-de0a-4629-bf99-738c8bd491da
  10. Cannot remove input language

Cannot remove input language: See also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cannot-remove-input-language-keyboard/b9e01e9e-6d72-407c-8c38-f61ae993db6c?messageId=8154fa8a-7534-4db4-8754-fcb549ac5bbd Hello, This is an issue in the win 10 May update (1903). en-uk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remove input language not listed in settings

2. windows 10 1809 change input method

3. add japanese to windows 10 1809

4. how to fix keyboard layout problem in windows 10 1809,
  5. windows10 notepc keyboard layout 1809,
  6. change input method windows 10,
  7. how to remove keyboard language windows 10 1809,
  8. remove input method,
  9. windows keyboard input,
  10. win10 1809 change default input language,
  11. version 1809 how to change to japanese settings,