Windows 10: Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset....

Discus and support Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Endless Windows 10 1809 issues. Now after fixing the Network issue activating SMB 1.0(temporary fix until they fixed it in the next patch) after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kuodo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Kuodo Win User

Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset....

Endless Windows 10 1809 issues. Now after fixing the Network issue activating SMB 1.0(temporary fix until they fixed it in the next patch) after formatting countless time, and installed everything I need, just before I could back up and clone an image, I noticed my right-click "New" takes very long to load. And it sometimes causes my Windows Explorer to crash and reset. After which the whole Windows will be extremely laggy. I am running on SSD, it should not be that slow. Also, this is the first time I encountered it.

I have tried the following suggested solutions and none of which works:
    -ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    -ran sfc /scannow
    -ran Windows installation Media Creation tool upgrade
    -deactivate every third party app that has influence over Context Menu, using ShellExView

-Deleted and re-created "New" under regedit.msc HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New
    Modify {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}

I really don't see why it is so difficult for me to get a working Windows back to what it was? Please don't tell me to clean install AGAIN. It is as clean as it can be. I don't want to keep formatting my SSD and reduce its lifespan.

:)

Kuodo, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset.... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset....

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset....

1. Windows 10 1809: Right-click "New" lags and sometimes causes Windows Explorer to Reset.... - Similar Threads - 1809 Right click

2. Right click causes windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  3. Right click causes windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  4. Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing: I know this has been asked before and I tried using the solutions in this forums. Interestingly, I used ShellExView from Nirsoft and started by disabling every non-microsoft shell extension. It solved the problem. However, I enabled all the items again, and funny enough the...
  5. New option on right-click is lagging on the first attempt with Version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New option on right-click is lagging on the first attempt with Version 1809: The New option on right-click is not showing up when tried the first time in an instance i.e. a folder for the first time after an update. Have to move the mouse around and get back to it or right-click again. Is anyone else facing the same problem?...
  6. Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10: Hello, I noticed a really weird situation on my Windows 10, When I press right click it works good and immediately, but then, when I go to "New" section, it takes FOREVER, like 5 seconds which is A LOT if you think about it and really count this time for a moment. I tried...
  7. Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen

Windows Explorer : Right click cause blank screen: Hi Support, Each time I right-click on Windows Explorer, it turns a blank screen. To get back the screen, I need to Ctrl-Alt-Del then go to Task Manager next to File to run new task - explorer.exe I have updated the Display driver using Devmgmt.msc but the problem still...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New": Having an issues for sometime now where I can't right click and click "New", I used shell explore to disable all Non MS extensions and it is better where sometimes I can click new and it will work but always will fail on the first try. I see others reporting this issue and...
  9. Windows 10 1809 > Right click > New - Explorer Crash

Windows 10 1809 > Right click > New - Explorer Crash: Well, after updated to 1809 when I right click in the Explorer to create a new folder or anything other Explorer freeze for a 20sec and then nothing happens. After a few moments when I try again the context menu opens the "NEW" items but with in a few seconds. Then it...
  10. Lag Windows 10 Control Panel, Explorer, Right click

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag Windows 10 Control Panel, Explorer, Right click: Hello guys, i have a little problem with my brand-new laptop. After installing (clean install) Windows 10 (i think it's the latest version, from Microsoft website), along with all the drivers, when i'm entering Control Panel, for example, the mouse (touchpad or extern) have a...