Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just recently do clean install Windows 10 1809 on Dell optiplex 7020. And I have the problem that the screen won't turn off completely in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ChaiwatSirirungrueng, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

I just recently do clean install Windows 10 1809 on Dell optiplex 7020. And I have the problem that the screen won't turn off completely in the specific time. Screen will wake up almost immediately after it turned off So can I have any suggestion to troubleshooting this problem?

:)

ChaiwatSirirungrueng, Oct 30, 2018

2. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Oct 30, 2018
  3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Medyen Win User

Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

Windows defender is turned off and won`t turn back on

Windows defender on windows 10 enterprise won`t turn on. This happened shortly after i updated it; when I try to turn it on it says:

This app has been turned off and it isn't monitoring your computer.

And right underneath it, it says:

If you are using another app for malicious and unwanted software use Security and Maintenance to check that app`s status.

Need for a response ASAP, thanks Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off :)

Medyen, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

1. Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off - Similar Threads - 1809 Screen won't

2. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  3. Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen: My computer won't go to sleep or turn off the screen even after the time I set it to. I went to the cmd and typed in powercfg -requests and got nothing from there. I also went into the advanced power settings and allowed the computer to sleep in the "When sharing media" tab...
  4. Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off: My laptop HP Pavilion is approaching two years old and issues about it going to sleep/waking itself up again have always dogged it. I always eventually find a solution to solve a particular problem, but then a few weeks later it starts going wrong again. A few days ago I...
  5. My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off

My screen saver won't turn on and my monitor won't turn off: Hi. This used to work on this computer. Now I notice it doesn't. Windows 10 running on a laptop. All cords are unplugged except for power cord. Monitor is set in settings to turn off after 3 minutes currently. With screen saver set to turn on after 2 minutes....
  6. screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen won't turn on after timeout or turn off: any form of turn off or timeout for the screen makes it refuse to turn back on ex : sleep , screen timeout , leaving it for a few minutes after restart and it even prevents sleep , the power button should indicate that the pc is asleep when it is , now it doesn't...
  7. Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off

Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off: I just upgraded from a surface pro 4 to a surface book 2. However one issue that I've never faced on the surface pro that I'm facing on the surface book is that the lock screen won't turn off (time out). Whenever I locked my screen on the surface pro, the display would turn...
  8. My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809!

My computer won't turn off after updating to version 1809!: Recently 1 week or something ago i updated my windows 10 to 1809 by clicking on 'check for updates' in control panel or whatever it is called now. Now I've been noticing lately that windows shuts off after pressing on shut down in start menu but the CPU still remains running....
  9. Turning off Windows 10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Windows 10 screen: I listen to a lot of audio files and audio programs on my Windows 10 computer. However, there is no known function to just turn off the display screen. If I let the computer go to sleep, I lose my audio. Is there a shortcut or Key sequence I can program this function into my...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen: Hello guys, hopefully this is in the right section. I have installed Windows 10 on my SSD Samsung Evo 850 500 GB and I am using additional WD HDD 1 TB. Previously I have been using two old HDDs and Windows turned off itself automatically with no problem. I have also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen wont turn off

2. screen wont turn off windows 10

3. windows display does not turn off

4. windows 10 1809 screen saver,
  5. windows screen wont turn off,
  6. screen wont turn off in windows 10,
  7. windows 10 1809 screen saver wont turn on,
  8. windows 1809 monitors wont turn off,
  9. windows 10 1809 sleep blank screen,
  10. display wont go into sleep after update 1809,
  11. windows 1809 screen wont turn off,