Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 update 1809 the ability to search photos by using "Datetaken:" no longer works. This does work in Windows 10 1803.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scoob101, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Scoob101 Win User

Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works

In Windows 10 update 1809 the ability to search photos by using "Datetaken:" no longer works.

This does work in Windows 10 1803.

:)

Scoob101, Oct 30, 2018

2. Highlight search terms in a Windows 10 browser on Windows tablet.

Original Title: Highlight search terms in browser on a Windows tablet?

I'm having trouble finding the following combination:

• A browser that works well on a Windows 10 tablet
    • The ability to highlight search terms on a web page
    Firefox (at least the 32 bit version) doesn't work well with "pinch to zoom", so it is very annoying on a tablet. But it has a good add-on for highlighting search terms, called SearchWP.

The other three browsers work well on Windows tablets, but I haven't found a good way to highlight search terms.

• Internet Explorer can use the Google Toolbar highlights, but the Google Toolbar seems abandoned and it doesn't seem safe to use abandoned tools.
    • Edge doesn't have any extensions yet.
    • Chrome has extensions such as efTwo, but I can't get the highlighting of search terms to work, and others report the same problem in the reviews.
    Has anyone found a good solution for highlighting search terms on a browser for a Windows 10 tablet?

Mickey Segal, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Jbenisek Win User
    I have 10,000 time lapse images and I need to search by time of datetaken

I have a project I'm in the middle of with around 200 images a day. I need to search for each image taken at 12pm or 5pm... of datetaken. The date is a *wildcard but the time is what I need. I can't figure out a syntax that works within explorer.

datetaken: **/**/**** 05:00

doesn't work

timetaken doesn't work

anyone have an idea? I'd be happy with a python script to but I'm rusty and need it to just do it with little work.

Time image was taken: 5pm to 12pm

Move to subfolder: yes/no

Copy to subfolder: yes/no

Name of subfolder:

Jbenisek, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works

1. Windows 10 1809 - Search term "Datetaken:" no longer works - Similar Threads - 1809 Search term

2. Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?: I'm having a problem with search results in File Explorer. After latest Win 11 update on March 2, 2023, File Explorer no longer highlights search terms in file names. Is this feature gone? I relied on that prior to the update and would like to have it back. Might this have...
  3. Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?: I'm having a problem with search results in File Explorer. After latest Win 11 update on March 2, 2023, File Explorer no longer highlights search terms in file names. Is this feature gone? I relied on that prior to the update and would like to have it back. Might this have...
  4. Windows Search no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search no longer working: I cannot do a Windows Search either from the Search icon on the taskbar or from the top of the Start menu. When I start typing search text, the search box just locks up and then the screen disappears. I have tried re-indexing, using the Search troubleshooter, rebooting, etc....
  5. Windows Search no longer working

Windows Search no longer working: I cannot do a Windows Search either from the Search icon on the taskbar or from the top of the Start menu. When I start typing search text, the search box just locks up and then the screen disappears. I have tried re-indexing, using the Search troubleshooter, rebooting, etc....
  6. Windows 10, Search for files where datemodified equals datetaken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Search for files where datemodified equals datetaken: Hi, I have searched a lot for the answer, and tried numerous permutations, datemodified:=datetaken: etc., but have had no luck. What is the correct way to specify files that have not been modified; where the date modified is the same as the date taken, please? Thanks...
  7. Search term override?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search term override?!: I use Edge as my primary browser. Cool. But I also have to use Internet Explorer or a non-modern browser to access an NVR setup, because of course Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc won't work with it. I usually just use my keyboard by tapping the "start" key and then start typing...
  8. edge is not working to search terms

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge is not working to search terms: I am running windows 10 and have no problem to connect internet,but if I need to search a term using edge have a problem to connect any page with saying :can not connect securely to this page:Why is it and how to fix it?...
  9. Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809

Windows 10 BLE WPF - ValueChanged no longer works in 1809: I have a WPF BLE Central application (not UWP) that used to work in Windows 10, 1803 connected to Nordic NRF52 processor. The issue is the code below no longer generates event. aCharacteristic.ValueChanged += char_ValueChanged_Notification; I am not using any pairing or...
  10. Windows 10, search bar no longer works.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, search bar no longer works.: I have been running avast antivirus software. I was going to unload avast and discovered a 'repair' option so I tried it. Rebooted the machine and TADA. I now have my search bar working again. Hope this works for you. 57137

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows datetaken does not work

2. can datetaken be used in win 10