Windows 10: windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs

Discus and support windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating to 1809 I could no longer open dialog to open/save files in MS Word, PDF Shaper (a pdf managing program) nor save in NAPS2 scanning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertoFraile1, Nov 17, 2018.

1. windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs

After updating to 1809 I could no longer open dialog to open/save files in MS Word, PDF Shaper (a pdf managing program) nor save in NAPS2 scanning software. Contacted MS support who passed on to tech; maker of PDF Shaper indicates "it's known problem with 1809 build, it blocks Open and Save dialogs in many software products, even in MS Office".

I uninstalled and then reinstalled Pdfshaper, first opening worked fine, after a sleep period no longer worked, nor after reboot. freeware NAPS2, scans but does not open dialog to save files. Same with MS Word.

I am back to 1803 and all works fine.

Any one has had similar problem?, knows of a fix?, any suggestion.

:)

RobertoFraile1, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2018
  3. LauraWan Win User
    Dialog Box Save/Open

When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved
    in the drop down list? I know how to disable the jump list in Windows 10 by turning of Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar by the toggle button so that it says Off. That doesn't clear the list that I want it to.

Example in photo (Yes I am aware that is Windows 8/8.1 but I have Windows 10):

windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs 866e2dca-7080-43d0-adc1-ba806bdcfe67?upload=true.png

LauraWan, Nov 17, 2018
  4. trodas Win User

windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs

Force list view in the Open-Save dialog possible?

A the left, major part of the image, is shown up the Open - Save dialog that show the cursed Icons by default in Win XP SP 1.0a... I do wonder, if I can modify the comdlg32.dll somehow (or registry?) to FORCE the Open-Save dialogue to open always default with the list view, as shown in the right part of the image:

windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs [​IMG]

I tried hard searching on Google for the comdlg32.dll internals, but did not found anything usefull. I think that it will be something in the dialogue no. 1547 (when one have disabled the places bar, witch places it will be the no. 1552) in comdlg32.dll file:

Code: 1547 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 537, 334 STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | DS_CONTEXTHELP | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CLIPCHILDREN | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU CAPTION "Otevřít" LANGUAGE LANG_CZECH, 0x1 FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg" { CONTROL "Oblast &hledání:", 1091, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 3, 4, 49, 8 CONTROL "", 1137, COMBOBOX, CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED | CBS_HASSTRINGS | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP, 53, 1, 149, 300 CONTROL "", 1088, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD, 211, 1, 88, 16 CONTROL "", 1120, LISTBOX, LBS_NOTIFY | LBS_NOINTEGRALHEIGHT | LBS_MULTICOLUMN | WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_HSCROLL, 1, 18, 535, 284[/quote] But all these dropdown lists show only 4 numbers, witch is basically their position and size... Not what is pre-selected by them.

So, maybe I have to edit the dialog this way?

windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs [​IMG]

I don't know, but any ideas are more that wellcome! Thanks!

trodas, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs

1. windows 10 1809 software do not open or save dialogs - Similar Threads - 1809 software open

2. Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Dialog, trying to save some clicks: Hi, on Mac, when I open a dialog it will default to the last used location. On windows, it's going to the same one every time, and i don't know where it's getting that information from. I'm replacing stock clips in premiere, every time i open a dialog to replace, it's...
  3. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  4. windows 10 open/save dialog boxes do not remember resize

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 open/save dialog boxes do not remember resize: Windows 10 v1909. In every app, I when resize the Open file or Save As file dialog box, it will not remember the position or size when I resize and close it. The "open size" is the problem for me because it opens too small and I have to resize it to see more than a few...
  5. Save and Open common dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save and Open common dialog: Hi When I try to open or save file in my common dialog box always open ThisPc to show me the path. How to set it up to be closed. On my other computer ThisPc is always closed in an open or save dialog box. many thx for help[ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 attachement open/save dialog box

Windows 10 attachement open/save dialog box: I accidentally unticked the box to stop using the open/save dialog when reading attached pdf files. How do I restore the dialog box please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-attachement-opensave-dialog-box/024a054c-6e81-46ac-8803-dedb525f33a8
  7. Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.: This is not so much a question as an observation to a previous question that went unanswered. I use high contrast due to eye problems. After Windows updated to build 1809 I could no longer open file dialog to open file location and if I open a document, could not open dialog...
  8. Dialog Box Save/Open

Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  9. Windows 10 Open/Save Dialog Box

Windows 10 Open/Save Dialog Box: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  10. Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save / Save As / Open Dialog Crashing: I tried to do a search but it didn't come up with much. Have you guys seen an issue where the Save/SaveAs/Open dialogs don't open and instead the app crashes? I've seen it in Notepad, Paint and Word. If I kill all explorer.exe processes, and then launch for example Notepad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high contrast save as 1809

2. file save dialog no longer works windows 10

3. saveas 1809 windows 10 high contrast

4. comdlg32.dll high contrast,
  5. windows 10 1809 saving file crashes program c#