Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Start Menu does not take any input until I run ctfmon using task manager. ctfmon is not disabled, fails to work. I am a local administrator on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adam4DL, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Adam4DL Win User

Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input

Start Menu does not take any input until I run ctfmon using task manager. ctfmon is not disabled, fails to work. I am a local administrator on the machine

I have done the following

Installed latest Updates

SFC /ScanNow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Chkdsk

Cleared temp files

This works fine on Windows 10 1709/1803 on the same machine under the same conditions.

PC Reset or Fresh install does not work either

:)

Adam4DL, Mar 22, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu not allowing input - Similar Threads - 1809 Start Menu

2. Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.: I'm hoping someone can help with this. My issue is that my new laptop ASUS TUF gaming laptop F15 wont recognise my elgato capture card and my mic at the same time. I can connect each one individually and they work fine but when there both connected it only shows the first one...
  3. Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not allowing 2 audio inputs.: I'm hoping someone can help with this. My issue is that my new laptop ASUS TUF gaming laptop F15 wont recognise my elgato capture card and my mic at the same time. I can connect each one individually and they work fine but when there both connected it only shows the first one...
  4. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue: Hello. Windows Store/ Microsoft store installed all updates to every app that is currently installed on my computer UWP and i noticed that it only shows the downloading icon in the pinned apps list. Any idea on how to fix this?...
  5. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue: Hello. Windows Store/ Microsoft store installed all updates to every app that is currently installed on my computer UWP and i noticed that it only shows the downloading icon in the pinned apps list. Any idea on how to fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 1809 x64 Start menu issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Start Menu Oddities (1809/1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Oddities (1809/1903): Hello! I'm encountering a bit of odd behavior when working with the Start Menu in Windows Server 1809, but I've verified the issue in Win10 1903 as well. All in all, it's a two part issue. Part one: Start layout width does not seem to be saved when using Export-StartLayout...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 Start Menu will not work!: I use a ton of programs like Steam, VirtualBox and a few others. My ASUS is running Windows 10, version 1809 - I have problems all the time. This problem is where my start menu files are corrupted. I also cannot access the internet because Microsoft Edge won't work, and it's...
  9. Windows 10 1809 Start Menu, Menu cannot launch PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 Start Menu, Menu cannot launch PowerShell: Cannot launch most apps especially PowerShell from right-click menu on Start Menu. I get a message indicating that PowerShell is missing or has failed and cannot be launced I have done the following Installed latest Updates SFC /ScanNow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu: I recently updated my Windows 10 installation to version 1809, and noticed that some of the applications that I had shortcuts pinned to my start menu had disappeared. I cannot figure out why Microsoft seems to think it can randomly change the look and feel of a computer with...