Windows 10: windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen

Discus and support windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello this issue has been asked many times with all kind of similar issues but none of them were properly resolved, I even spent once a whole day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pupinov, Aug 10, 2019.

1. pupinov Win User

windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen

Hello

this issue has been asked many times with all kind of similar issues but none of them were properly resolved,

I even spent once a whole day browsing through all of the threads i could find about it but couldn't find a fix.

so what happening is that once every two weeks(or a month)when powering on the PC it get stuck at the logon screen;

the background picture is there so as the clock(which is also stuck).

I've got a light on my mouse and keyboard showing they're powered on,but when i click on one of them nothing happens.

i can't get to type in my credentials(password)in order to access the desktop,so I'm forced to force shut down the PC.

i doubt any one has a proper solution for this since I probably tried them all,

the only solution i could think of is disabling the password requirement for logging in.

:)

pupinov, Aug 10, 2019

2. PC STUCK ON LOGON SCREEN

Hello Vasanth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as your are unable to logon to the computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account from safe mode, log-in with that account and troubleshoot the current user account.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: I suggest you toRun Microsoft Account Troubleshooter
    and check.

Link: Microsoft Account
    troubleshooter

Please do get back to us with the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further, if the issue still persist.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 logon screen flicker stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to perform a startup repair from the login screen and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Repair.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps
      and check.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 10, 2019
  4. windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen

Windows 10 logon screen flicker stuck

I NEED HELP PLEASE, I tried to change the logon screen backround on windows 10 using an app called Windows 10 logon changer, now I cant even login to my desktop it just keeps on flickering on the startup screen with a loading circle in the middle.

I have tried loggin in with safe mode but I cant because of the same problem, I tried to restore my windows but I didnt have any restore points saved for some reason. Now Im stuck and cant even access my laptop. PLEASE I NEED HELP.

Marc Louie, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen

1. windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen - Similar Threads - 1809 stuck logon

2. Stuck on Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Windows 10 version 1809: My grandma has a old inspiron 1520 and it's running windows 10 version 1809 and I want to upgrade it to 20h1 but it does not give me an way to upgrade to a newer version and it fails trying to update any help?...
  3. Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen: Wondering if anyone else has this issue and has resolved it. When I wake my computer up, instead of my normal background and password logon showing up, this yellow screen shows up with no mouse control and gets stuck like this for a minute or longer. The odd thing is I can...
  4. Windows 10 1809 faster logon vs Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1809 faster logon vs Windows 10 1903: In my previously installed Windows 10 1809 the time it took to go from password prompt to desktop, was litterally instant, so fast that it didnt show the "Welcome." Now that Ive upgraded to 1903, it shows the "Welcome" for a second or 2. Is this just something windows added...
  5. Windows 10 1903 Blurry Screen at Logon and no option to Logon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 1903 Blurry Screen at Logon and no option to Logon: Is there any way around an issue where a Windows 10 screen goes blurry at fresh boot logon when there is no logon option showing? I have not been able to get it into safe boot with all standard methods....
  6. Stuck on Windows Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Windows Logon Screen: Issue: I have not been able to logon to my Asus ultrabook since early Jan 2019 - because I could not logon and kept searching for solutions but now have run out of options. Problem Description: It appears a windows update happened late 2018 or early Jan 2019, and when I...
  7. Windows 10/1809 custom logon screen doesn't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10/1809 custom logon screen doesn't show: I use Windows 10/1809 on 2 PCs. On one of them, the custom logon screen doesn't show anymore since the last update (suddenly replaced by a horrible default picture). I tried to change this by changing the picture in the settings (for all users), but this doesn't help though...
  8. Windows 10 Logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Logon screen: Hello guys, I want to make a new logon/logoff/security options/welcome screens on my Windows 10 to make it 3D, Futuristic and with different behavior I use a Windows 10 Home x64 HP Laptop...
  9. Windows 10 is stuck on logon screen please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is stuck on logon screen please help: Hello there My laptop has stopped working ! It is stuck on the login screen it's running on Windows 10 . I already removed the SSD and put it into an USB case and run a virus check ,but it's still got that message*Sad . Please check the pic here: [img] I tried...
  10. Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock: I have a new computer that I just installed Windows 10 Pro on. (It's still not activated though.) It has all the latest updates. So once in awhile when I try to log in after the box was locked (WinKey+L sequence), it gets stuck on this screen (just took the picture):...