Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Suddenly today deactivated my install/key

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Suddenly today deactivated my install/key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, This evening - suddenly without warning my windows 10 popped up the no activated Watermark (which has since disappeared again) and windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by m2geek, Nov 8, 2018.

1. m2geek Win User

Windows 10 1809 Suddenly today deactivated my install/key

Hello,

This evening - suddenly without warning my windows 10 popped up the no activated Watermark (which has since disappeared again) and windows is indeed reporting that my install is no longer activated. I've had a digital licence for Windows 10 since it was still in nappies and being tested as apart of the insider community after - after upgrading my Windows 8.1 Pro key.

There is bright yellow text under the "Activation" information that says:

"We Can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. If you think you do have a valid licence or key, select troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xc004c003."

I did as instructed, and the activation troubleshooter itself spat out a different error all together saying:

"We found a Windows 10 Home digital licence for this device running windows 10 pro. To Activate using this digital licence, you need to install windows 10 Home."

It also gave me the option to open the Store to purchase another licence - so just to look at the price as a last resorted I clicked it - and the Store itself also comes up with an error message saying "Something happened and we couldn't make your copy of windows genuine."

Because I changed my monitor cable around today (and turned off my integrated graphics a few days ago) I hit the 3rd option in the window "I recently changed hardware on this device" and it opened Another window saying "We can't find any devices linked to your microsoft account that can be used to reactivate the device you're using at the moment. Make sure that you're signed in with the same microsoft account that you linked to the Windows 10 digital licence on this device, or try again later."

I've tried this about 3x over the last 2 hours.

So, getting desperate I dug my old Windows 8.1 Pro CD and it's key out, and used that in the "Change product key" - and it said I can't use it.

I've rebooted a number of times, and nothing has changed it.

I have no pirated software on my PC - I have no game cheating software, no viruses, no malware, and I'm no idiot - this is something that Microsoft have done for some reason and it needs to be fixed please!

Looking forward to some answers,

Mark.

:)

m2geek, Nov 8, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 8, 2018
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1809 Suddenly today deactivated my install/key

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 Suddenly today deactivated my install/key

1. Windows 10 1809 Suddenly today deactivated my install/key - Similar Threads - 1809 Suddenly today

2. Suddenly my windows is deactivated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suddenly my windows is deactivated.: Error: We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004F012 I have purchased this Laptop in 2018 and Windows 10 was...
  3. windows 10 suddenly deactivated

windows 10 suddenly deactivated: All of a sudden after 3 years my computer is requesting that I did not activate windows and it doesnt allow me to change my background and other stuff. I restarted my pc and it said loading windows or something and when I logged in and the watermark is gone but it still says...
  4. My windows 10 Pro suddenly deactivated

My windows 10 Pro suddenly deactivated: Hello, I really need help with this. I bought my laptop a few months ago and they installed Windows 10 Pro on it. I had no issues until yesterday, when my Windows deactivated, and it is now showing an error. It says " We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't...
  5. Factory installed Windows 10 Home suddenly deactivated.

Factory installed Windows 10 Home suddenly deactivated.: A few days ago, I noticed that the "Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate Windows" message had appeared on my screen in the bottom right corner. I own a store-bought Acer laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I have waited several days because one...
  6. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated

Windows 10 suddenly deactivated: Hi, I bought a new desktop computer. Before I had a computer, I used a laptop, this laptop had Windows 10 already on it. Activated. But then, when I tried to combine my laptop's SSD with my desktop's HDD, Windows was suddenly deactivated. Even though, I only...
  7. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated

Windows 10 suddenly deactivated: Same issue started today as was reported on November 8th, 2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-suddenly-deactivated/fe9a4ecf-2e2a-491d-a43e-b010c316d1c4...
  8. Windows suddenly deactivated, claims Pro key is Home key

Windows suddenly deactivated, claims Pro key is Home key: Hi After using my Windows 10 Pro install for about 18 month, my copy of Windows has suddenly deactivated, error code 0xC004F034. The exact error when using the troubleshoot feature is that the key is for 10 Home, not 10 Pro. However, this key is definitely for a Pro...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated

Windows 10 suddenly deactivated: Hi, There is an ongoing issue about Windows 10 suddenly shown as deactivated. The affected users need not to do anything as it is a known issue. Here is what was told by Microsoft Chat support: Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current...
  10. Suddenly Windows 10 Deactivate on My PC

Suddenly Windows 10 Deactivate on My PC: My PC is running on Windows 10 pro and it was digitally licensed with my Microsoft Account, but few hours ago The PC notified me to ACTIVATE windows. Please Look into the matter what's going on , I am unable to pay again for the same version, while My PC was installed Windows...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem after windows 10 1809 no licence key

2. windows 10 version 1809 suddenly deactivated