Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hardware: Acer Iconia Tab 8W (W1-810) Z3735G 1GB 32GB 8" Windows 10 Home. So, last weekend I went to turn the tablet off and selected "update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesGarner6, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet

Hardware: Acer Iconia Tab 8W (W1-810) Z3735G 1GB 32GB 8" Windows 10 Home.

So, last weekend I went to turn the tablet off and selected "update and shutdown" from the power menu. In the morning, went to turn it on again, came up with the screen saying it was applying the updates so I left it to it while I went to work. When I got home it was (seemingly) done and at the lock screen so I swiped that out to log-in however when tapping in the box to bring up the built-in keyboard there was no response. Tried again, nothing. Tried a re-start, swiped out the lock screen, tapped the box, still nothing. Then I noticed that the wi-fi wasn't connected to my network so tried tapping that, no network options, just "airplane mode" to turn on or off. Then I tried the accessability menu, saw a button for the (Windows) on-screen keyboard so tapped that to use, nothing came up. In fact, opening the menu seems to freeze the tablet as none of the available options are tappable and it won't let me use any other icons (network, accessability or power) so I then have to use the power button for a hard shutdown.

:)

JamesGarner6, Nov 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet

I have an Acer tablet that is running Windows 10, 32-bit, update 1803. I have tried to update it to 1809 through ever method I could find, ISO file, update from the site, etc. Each time, the process goes through all of the normal steps, then restarts several
    times, but when everything has completed it is back to Update 1803 with new updates to be downloaded. This sounds like this model tablet cannot be updated to 1809, but I receive no messages stating that is the case.

The tablet is working properly under the 1803 update. Why is it not able to update to 1809?

SteveCrawford-PSI, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet

1. Windows 10 1809 update broke my tablet - Similar Threads - 1809 update broke

2. Window 10 update broke my pc!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 update broke my pc!: Before the update my pc working pretty normal but after Window 10 update today my pc broken now i cant connect to wifi my network adapter it just gone when i go into adapter option it said this folder is empty also my i cant turn on or off bluetooth and i cant do anything...
  3. Windows 10 update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 update broke my laptop: I own a lenovo laptop and the webcam was working fine before this recent update. Now it's not even listed in device manager went through Microsoft's webcam fix guide nothing helped. Anyone else also facing this issue ? Thanks in advance/Kasturi...
  4. Windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates broke my computer: I am both a user of Linux & Windows. I have Linux installed for mainly programming on my laptop. On my desktop which is, 16GB RAM with NVIDIA GTX 1050, I use my desktop for personal reasons, such filing taxes & reading emails. I have Kaspersky Security Cloud (paid) installed...
  5. Windows 10 Update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update broke my computer: Only way to fix computer was to fix was to get the data retrieved, wipe the drive and reload windows. Restore points, uninstalling update were completely useless. How to I get microsoft to compensate me for the repairs?...
  6. Windows 10 update broke my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update broke my computer: When trying to update my laptop it now says "Undoing changes made to your pc" and keeps going around again and again and I cant get into any part of my computer anymore. How do i stop this??...
  7. Win10 update (1809-1909) stalls on tablet

Win10 update (1809-1909) stalls on tablet: This is my Acer SW1-011 tablet laptop. Atom x5-X8350 1.44+1.44Ghz, X64, 32GB SSD, Win10 Home 1809 17763.1039 Windows Update says the current version of Windows is nearing end of service so I would like to get it updated soon. I've had trouble installing updates in the past...
  8. Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update to 1809 broke VPN settings: Since the update to Windows 10 1809: The only existing VPN connection disappeared from Settings > Network & Internet > VPN I have created a new connection. When clicking onto the Save button, control is not returned to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN. The the dialog...
  9. Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet

Windows 10 Update 1809 not working on tablet: I have an Acer tablet that is running Windows 10, 32-bit, update 1803. I have tried to update it to 1809 through ever method I could find, ISO file, update from the site, etc. Each time, the process goes through all of the normal steps, then restarts several times, but when...
  10. Windows 10 update broke my OS

Windows 10 update broke my OS: So I decided to do a windows update. I'm using windows 10. After it updated for about 2 hours, it would not boot into the OS. I tried rolling back the update using the BIOS settings but I just keep getting error messages, when I set it to "windows rollback" it just boots back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 update tablet no longer boots up

2. windows update 1809 broke my pc