Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I updated Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to the October 2018 version 1809 update. I can't set custom size or no paging file in virtual memory properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cut Off, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Cut Off Win User

Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory

After I updated Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to the October 2018 version 1809 update. I can't set custom size or no paging file in virtual memory properties in drive C:. By after set custom size or no paging file and restart computer. Has system properties pop up on start up. And pagefile.sys in drive C: still automatically manage paging file size.

Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory a73438af-48e9-4414-9c5b-021b3a72edc4?upload=true.png

Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory 2dd722d4-38f7-4802-97c4-f22afa488467?upload=true.png

Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory 6b2cda52-8976-4688-890c-ffcdf602f264?upload=true.png

:)

Cut Off, Oct 8, 2018
  2. ARTOSOFT Win User

USB memory disk as a paging file for virtual memory?

Hi,

I want to know your opinion about usb memory disk as a paging file for windows virtual memory.

I am trying to set paging file on usb memory disk, but it is looks windows don't like it and simply ignore it and create paging file on my c:\ drive. It is looks like paging file is created on usb memory disk, but when I check, there is no swap file on usb memory disk. The usb memory disk still empty.

Anyone have experience on it?

Regards,
    Arto.

ARTOSOFT, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 recommend virtual memory sizes

I suggest that you go with System Managed Size rather than Custom Size. Windows will then be able to adjust the virtual memory size according to demand.

Alan Russell, Oct 8, 2018
  4. drol1950 Win User

Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory

Windows 10 recommend virtual memory sizes

Per Microsoft Oct 2017
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

Change the paging file size to improve performance
    The paging file is an area on your hard disk that Windows uses like memory. Increasing the paging file size can help improve your PC’s performance.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type advanced system, and then select
      View advanced system settings, which has Control panel listed underneath it.
    • In System Properties, on the Advanced tab, select
      Settings
      in the Performance area.
    • In Performance Options, select the Advanced tab >
      Change
      in the Virtual memory area.
    • Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.
    • Select Custom size, then enter an initial size (in MB) and maximum size in the corresponding boxes.
    • Select Set > OK.
    • Restart your PC by selecting the Start button >
      Power
      > Restart.
    Use your PC then see if it’s running better. If it’s not, try the next tip.

drol1950, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1809 update can't set custom size or no paging file in Virtual Memory - Similar Threads - 1809 update can't

2. Virtual Memory - Incorrect Sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Memory - Incorrect Sizing: Hi there,I have an HPZ6G4 with 112GB RAM running Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, which is currently used to run a gaming PC and also a number of VMWare Virtual Machines with a combined RAM of 55GB.I have recently been re organising my 2 x 2TB NVME storage and found a...
  3. Virtual Memory - Incorrect Sizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Memory - Incorrect Sizing: Hi there,I have an HPZ6G4 with 112GB RAM running Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, which is currently used to run a gaming PC and also a number of VMWare Virtual Machines with a combined RAM of 55GB.I have recently been re organising my 2 x 2TB NVME storage and found a...
  4. About setting page file size??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About setting page file size??: Hi dear and always helpful community.I just installed a very very heavy modded version of Skyrim about the size of 300gb, And to prevent crashed due to lack of memory i tried following a guide on allocation more virtual memory on my C: drive where it is installed.But i am...
  5. About setting page file size??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About setting page file size??: Hi dear and always helpful community.I just installed a very very heavy modded version of Skyrim about the size of 300gb, And to prevent crashed due to lack of memory i tried following a guide on allocation more virtual memory on my C: drive where it is installed.But i am...
  6. Info on the virtual memory size

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Info on the virtual memory size: Hi What does the virtual memory size depend on?Since I have a notebook with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD disk used for the VMs creation, what would be the recommended virtual memory size to avoid future problems? Thanks Bye 171363
  7. Virtual Memory Size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Memory Size: [ATTACH] Is it normal for Virtual memory to take this amount of space ? https://preview.redd.it/ovqvnas4ubg51.png?width=1199&format=png&auto=webp&s=8932c141dd2a781409d0ca9564d9dc86a869558f submitted by /u/Safodo [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10: I want to change the virtual memory size in Windows 10. The instructions I have say to go to Control Panel > Appearance & Performance > Performance Options > Advanced, uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size," then set the values manually. However when I go to that...
  9. Windows 10 update settings and 1809 update size

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update settings and 1809 update size: My Windows 10 'Choose when updates are installed' settings are: Semi-Annual Channel Feature Update Deferred: 365 days My version is Windows 10 Pro 1803 OS Build No. 17134.648 Do I really need to upgrade to 1809 or will it automatically come through with my settings? I...
  10. Windows 10 1809 update can't set no paging file in Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update can't set no paging file in Virtual Memory: After I updated Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to the October 2018 version 1809 update. I can't set custom size or no paging file in virtual memory properties in drive C:. By after set custom size or no paging file and restart computer. Has system properties pop up on start up. And...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot set custom page file windows 10

2. windows 1809 file paging

3. unable to set swap file to none on c: drive after windows 10 1809 update