Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night I updated to 1809, and it all went smoothly, but then I find that all my files in Documents are DELETED. Gone. Poof. This included many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stuart Dole, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!

Last night I updated to 1809, and it all went smoothly, but then I find that all my files in Documents are DELETED. Gone. Poof. This included many crucial documents and financial info. Yes, I have a backup (I think - using Windows Backup to a NAS). But this is pretty bad. Did no one in the first two rings run into this yet?

I understand (from the news) that this happens to all files in Documents that aren't synced to OneDrive. Further, the Documents folder is really an agglomeration of "Documents" from several different paths - not sure how that works, and it may or may not relate.

:)

Stuart Dole, Oct 4, 2018

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Dia01 Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

For some reason all the files apart from My Games/Crysis Wars have been somehow deleted without my doing. Strangely, I went to play Crysis Wars the other day and my profiles were gone, thinking nothing of it I proceded to reset them up. Also strangely, I did not install any games folders in My Documents, somehow the folders Games/Crysis Wars just appeared, when, I really don't know. I have install my OS on a seperate hard drive and My Documents as well as every other folder used as storage is linked to another seperate HDD. Tried a system restore, still no good, why? Has Crysis somehow deleted/corrupted this folder? confused:

Dia01, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents!

1. Windows 10 1809 update deleted all files from Documents! - Similar Threads - 1809 update deleted

2. Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents: I turned on my computer Monday morning and windows 10 had been updated to Windows 11. All of my documents and photos are gone. Everytime there was a past option to update to windows 11 I DECLINED. I didnt want it. When I turned on my computer the other morning it was updating...
  3. Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted update from windows 10 to windows 11 deleted all photos and all documents: I turned on my computer Monday morning and windows 10 had been updated to Windows 11. All of my documents and photos are gone. Everytime there was a past option to update to windows 11 I DECLINED. I didnt want it. When I turned on my computer the other morning it was updating...
  4. Windows update deleted all of my documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update deleted all of my documents: How do I get my documents back? All of my office, photos, music everything is gone, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-of-my-documents/58ec1a7d-83eb-4c52-a3c0-6aa31730ac33
  5. Windows 10 Update deleted all of My Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update deleted all of My Documents: How can I recover my documents folder deleted by recent Windows 10 update. I am desperately looking for help with this. I have looked in the suggested folders etc., but no luck. My pictures are there but the documents folder is GONE. Please help. Very important documents have...
  6. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: Windows update 1809 installed automatically on Feb 9th. It lost all of my files. I found them and copied them back to My Documents/Pictures?videos etc. I also set up Outlook again. On Feb 12th an update happened again and all files were gone. Outlook also lost my profile...
  7. Windows 10 update all files deleted

Windows 10 update all files deleted: Hi i just updated my laptop last night to the new windows update and was greated with a black screen after a restart. The only things on the screen was a picture of a hard drive and “no booteble device”. I need a way to get my files back and to some how get windows back so i...
  8. Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder: Are the steps to recover the data? Is Microsoft creating a patch fix so I can recover what was lost? Restore does not work for me and I need the data that was lost....
  9. Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder

Windows update 1809 the deleted my documents from the user folder: Are the steps to recover the data? Is Microsoft creating a patch fix so I can recover what was lost? Restore does not work for me and I need the data that was lost....
  10. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: I installed a new built update for the 1809 set. Well, I found out after my computer restarted that two folders that i had created were deleted. Well, i just restored back to the earlier build of 1803 only to find out that the folders are visible but i get a message stating...