Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 update deleted only the files that where on 3 of my shortcut files

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 update deleted only the files that where on 3 of my shortcut files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed yesterday few moments before the update in my computer I have 3 shortcut folders in my desktop for easy access. for some weird reason the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HSan1, Oct 6, 2018.

1. HSan1 Win User

Windows 10 1809 update deleted only the files that where on 3 of my shortcut files

I noticed yesterday few moments before the update in my computer I have 3 shortcut folders in my desktop for easy access. for some weird reason the files on the original folders that were parked on C:/User/files/business disappeared. A littler bit after I wanted to get to them I was not able to do so. I looked everywhere in my computer and they where GONE! not sure why this files. Everything else is ok nothing else was moved of missing. I back up my files once a week, locally the day prior I backed up my files. I am not sure why? If there is a way to make the backup of files easier or check why did this happened so it never happens again it will be awesome.

Thanks

:)

HSan1, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, Oct 6, 2018
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1809 update deleted only the files that where on 3 of my shortcut files

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Threw a program together quick for you. It is attached with source in the other. Use it in place of your VBScript.

It supports:
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon index]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file] [icon index]

If "icon index" is missing, it assumes 0. If "icon file" is missing it assumes "path to run." It doesn't presently support arguments to be added to the shortcut nor modifying the working directory (always assumes same directory as "path to run").

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run. Will run natively on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 update deleted only the files that where on 3 of my shortcut files

1. Windows 10 1809 update deleted only the files that where on 3 of my shortcut files - Similar Threads - 1809 update deleted

2. Why there is only a shortcut? Where is other program file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why there is only a shortcut? Where is other program file?: shouldn't there be a lot of other files from spotify? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-there-is-only-a-shortcut-where-is-other/92b27276-5b9e-4cb7-8cd9-166f3d6281d6
  3. Why there is only a shortcut? Where is other program file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there is only a shortcut? Where is other program file?: shouldn't there be a lot of other files from spotify? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-there-is-only-a-shortcut-where-is-other/92b27276-5b9e-4cb7-8cd9-166f3d6281d6
  4. Why there is only a shortcut? Where is other program file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut: Hello, I am frustrating out here... I have multiple problems. And I don't know if it is appropriate to put all questions in one thread, but let me do it. This is my first post. Sorry for it. Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) So the problem occurs like the...
  6. Onedrive "Where are my files" shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive "Where are my files" shortcut: OK I made the big mistake of trying to setup OneDrive this morning and now can't fix a problem . OneDrive was syncing and then told me i don't have enough space. When I stopped the sync I now have a link on my desktop saying "Where are my Files". This seems to be the only way...
  7. Update 1809 deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1809 deleted files: Windows update 1809 installed automatically on Feb 9th. It lost all of my files. I found them and copied them back to My Documents/Pictures?videos etc. I also set up Outlook again. On Feb 12th an update happened again and all files were gone. Outlook also lost my profile...
  8. Windows 10 Update 1809 file deletion always permanent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update 1809 file deletion always permanent: I have a computer that any files that are deleted show that the file is going to be deleted "permanently". The settings on the Recycle Bin on this computer indicate that the files SHOULD go into the Recycle Bin, but they are being permanently deleted. I have a screen print of...
  9. Windows-10-1809-update deleted some of my outlook PST files

Windows-10-1809-update deleted some of my outlook PST files: This is unbelievable, I wonder what else has been deleted. Luckily I had a backup of 10 days ago so the damage is containable but I don't know what else has been deleted. Shame....
  10. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: I installed a new built update for the 1809 set. Well, I found out after my computer restarted that two folders that i had created were deleted. Well, i just restored back to the earlier build of 1803 only to find out that the folders are visible but i get a message stating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some shortcuts were deleted from desktop windows 10 icons

2. how i save my shortcut deleted folder in windows phone

3. directory path missing after windows 10 version 1809 update