Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 Update fail - Now, Microsoft Store, Photos won't open. What gives?

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 Update fail - Now, Microsoft Store, Photos won't open. What gives? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any reason I can't open Microsoft Store, or open any photos in Photo Viewer? I stupidly tried downloading 1809 Update and now system won't install it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanMcCluskey1, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1809 Update fail - Now, Microsoft Store, Photos won't open. What gives?

Any reason I can't open Microsoft Store, or open any photos in Photo Viewer?

I stupidly tried downloading 1809 Update and now system won't install it completely and keeps forcing updates that won't work.

As a result, now the folders are clicking open, then abruptly closing.

Good going Microsoft. Totally ridiculous.

What's the solution to your problem???

:)

DanMcCluskey1, Mar 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 Store won-t open

Hi Mateo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R key to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

SujataMoktan, Mar 9, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 9, 2019
  4. desennium Win User

Windows 10 1809 Update fail - Now, Microsoft Store, Photos won't open. What gives?

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Microsoft released Windows 10, code named "Threshold 1," a little over two years ago. As of May of this year, there were approximately 500 million Windows 10 devices worldwide. Originally, Microsoft predicted that Windows 10 would be installed on 1 billion devices by mid-2018. When released, Windows 10 gained huge adoption from those running Windows 7 from the "free-upgrade program" which lasted one year.

Since then however, installations have slowly declined and in July of last year, Microsoft admitted that they would miss their projected goal of 1 billion devices. Since its release, Windows 10 has had three major update releases with "Threshold 2," in 2015, "Anniversary Update," in 2016, "Creators Update" in April of this year and today marks the release of Microsoft's fourth major feature update to its operating system, dubbed "Fall Creators Update," version 1709.

Today's update brings about many new features including:
    • OneDrive On demand (formerly known as OneDrive Placeholders introduced in WIndows 8.1) a way to keep track of your files stored on OneDrive from any of your devices without having to store them locally.
    • 'My People' Hub Integration makes it easier to stay in touch with people right from the taskbar
    • Story Remix gives you to the tools and the power to create content from your photos and videos to make memorable stories
    • Windows Mixed Reality brings a new generation of augmented reality where the real world meets the digital one.
    • Fluent Design System is Microsoft's new design that will take place over the next few years with each feature update. Microsoft intends to make all products and devices one user interface and it begins with the Fall Creators Update.

Furthermore, Microsoft has made changes and brings privacy enhancements with today's update. The Fall Creators Update gives users more control of what information is being collected. Users will be greeted with the Privacy Statement on the setup process to get an idea of what information that entails. Microsoft is also adding two game anti-cheating systems, called TruePlay and Game Monitor, to address the problem of cheating similarly to what VAC (Valve Anti-Cheating) does for Steam.

The Fall Creators Update is available today but will be rolled out in stages as usual. Newer devices most compatible with Windows 10 will receive the update first. The rollout will take several months before everyone is updated. However, if you don't see today's update you can use the Update Assistant Tool to manually update now, here.

Source: Microsoft

desennium, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 Update fail - Now, Microsoft Store, Photos won't open. What gives?

1. Windows 10 1809 Update fail - Now, Microsoft Store, Photos won't open. What gives? - Similar Threads - 1809 Update fail

2. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  4. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft store won't open Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft store won't open Windows 10: Tried all the 'help' on the site, including reinstalling updates, disconnecting peripherals. I've even ran powershell commands. It's just a greyed out icon that doesn't respond to anything.Nothing works - I'm just trying to play flight simulator....
  9. My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft Store & Microsoft Photos app won't open.: Hello, My Microsoft Store won't open and my Microsoft Photos app won't open up on my laptop desktop. It sometimes tries to open but immediately shuts down. How can this be fixed? Thank you. Patty...
  10. Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to 1809 now no Edge, Cortana or Microsoft Store: Edge, Cortana & Microsoft Store no longer work. Everything else works Google Chrome, Emails, Internet Explorer etc etc.... If I turn on my VPN everything works. Tried sfc/scannow and no errors Checked Ipv6 is enabled 119138