Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently updated my Windows 10 installation to version 1809, and noticed that some of the applications that I had shortcuts pinned to my start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ken Oppermann, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu

I recently updated my Windows 10 installation to version 1809, and noticed that some of the applications that I had shortcuts pinned to my start menu had disappeared. I cannot figure out why Microsoft seems to think it can randomly change the look and feel of a computer with updates like this. I've seen this sort of issue with other Windows 10 updates as well, but never saw it with any other operating system including Microsoft operating systems prior to Windows 10 in nearly 20 years as an IT professional. Windows 10 and actions like this when updating make me not want to use this OS for businesses.

In my case, I lost the shortcuts I had pinned for Active Directory Users and Computers, and Server Manager. When I go looking for them to restore them. I cannot even find them in the all programs menu, or in the "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel. Does this mean that 1809 removed this from my computer, is it just hidden like so much else in Windows 10?

:)

Ken Oppermann, Feb 22, 2019

2. Phone tile is missing from the Start Menu.

Original Title: Microsoft Lumina 640 start tile

Last Friday 10th June my Lumina 640 phone updated to the latest Windows 10.

When it restarted the phone tile had disappeared from the start menu.

When I tried to re-pin to start from the list of apps by holding down the app the "Pin to Start" function was grey suggesting that the app was already pinned.

I have unpinned all the start tiles in an effort to find the phone tile but to no avail

Please advise how I can restore the missing phone tile

StephenShacklady, Feb 22, 2019
  3. start menue

We appreciate your response and the information provided. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps and see if they help:

• Start a CMD window (Windows-X, Command Prompt)
    • Then type in C:\windows\system32\tdlrecover.exe -reregister -resetlayout -resetcache

Reboot is not required but a quick reboot may clear up any residual issues after the command is run.

Disclaimer: Corruption recovery removes any manual pins from
    Start menu
    . Apps should still be visible, but you’ll need to re-pin any secondary tiles and/or pin app tiles to the main Start view.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu

Windows 10

you can just unbind all the tiles, and pin your shortcuts to the top list like in win7.

Mathragh, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu

1. Windows 10 1809 update removes pinned tiles in start menu - Similar Threads - 1809 update removes

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: I have a tile that is blank which I would like to change. In the latest win10 build where are these pinned tiles located? Do they work just like old style shortcuts, could I just change the picture of the icon?...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: Hi I've been searching for a while and i can't find where the pinned tilesin Start menu are located. All I can find is a list of folders that doesn't have the pinned tiles: This doesn't have what I need: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs...
  6. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  7. Remove "Pinned Tiles" while on a full screen Start menu

Remove "Pinned Tiles" while on a full screen Start menu: How can i hide the Pinned Apps file/ folder and instead when i hit start it shows me a full screen list of all my apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-pinned-tiles-while-on-a-full-screen-start/6d79c07a-eb95-4ec9-a687-a8d423dc83f4
  8. Start Menu Tiles not Updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Tiles not Updating.: Any solutions when the start menu tiles are not updating/changing. The tiles are live but they dont update. 15324
  9. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2019 windows 10 1809 start menu unable to save pinned tiles

2. tdlrecover 1809

3. windows 10 start screen displays all icons as down arrows

4. tdlrecover,
  5. tiles not pinning to task bar windows 10 1809,
  6. tdlrecover.exe 1809,
  7. changes to 1809 start menu and tiles,
  8. how to remove tiles 1809,
  9. windows 1903 pinned tiles registry,
  10. windows 1809 pinned start menu,
  11. tiles windows 1809,