Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83%

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello we are updating all of our w10 Pcs to 1809. However these updates are taking an extreme amount of rime. Currently i am at 3 hours and counting. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by msw5475, Mar 15, 2019.

1. msw5475 Win User

Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83%

Hello we are updating all of our w10 Pcs to 1809. However these updates are taking an extreme amount of rime. Currently i am at 3 hours and counting. I have cleaned the PC and all temp files. I have been stuck at 83% for 45 min. This machine is an in production machine and cant be taken offline. Need assistance ASAP.

thanks

michael

:)

msw5475, Mar 15, 2019

2. Windows update is stuck at 83% for hours now

Hi Yoshi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows Builds.

I understand your concern that Windows update is stuck at 83%. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error code/ error notification?

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Try to install the update and check.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps from below link to
    reset Windows Update Components and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Reset Windows Update components

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows update stuck at 83%

Hi Benjamin,

A possible software conflict may be one of the reasons why the Windows update is getting stuck at 83%. I suggest to utilize the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    to remedy the issue. This tool has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had concerns updating their Windows devices.

If the troubleshooter doesn't work, you may try resetting the Windows Update components manually by following the steps in the link below.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83%

Windows 10 update getting stuck at 83%

Same happened here with a HP 2000 laptop running Windows 7. It got stuck at 83% for more than 3 hours, with the same error message..

OscarTheHybrid, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83%

1. Windows 10 1809 update stuck at 83% - Similar Threads - 1809 update stuck

2. Windows 1809 update stuck at 81%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 update stuck at 81%: Windows tried to update my system last night. It ran OK until it got to 81% and then it just stayed there, so I ended up shutting off the machine and restarted and it rolled me back to what I had before. I have already run the windows update troubleshooter. It said it wanted...
  3. Windows 1809 update stuck at 85%

Windows 1809 update stuck at 85%: Windows tried to update my system last night. It ran OK until it got to 81% and then it just stayed there, so I ended up shutting off the machine and restarted and it rolled me back to what I had before. I looked in the Event Viewer and I found this... The wrUrlFlt...
  4. Features update to Windows 10 Update 1809 stuck at Downloading 100%

Features update to Windows 10 Update 1809 stuck at Downloading 100%: Update 1809 stuck at Downloading 100%. Tried troubleshooter, restarts - nothing works and various other updates just sit as pending install. Cannot refresh update page....
  5. 1809 Update stuck at 0%

1809 Update stuck at 0%: I have freed up space on my Toshiba tablet, downloaded and installed 1809 and chose to restart. It all went well going to 100%, but then restarted again and for 30 minutes now "Woking on updates" has been stuck at 0%. I am loathe to force a restart but has 1809 bricked...
  6. Windows 1809 update stuck at 81%

Windows 1809 update stuck at 81%: Windows tried to update my system last night. It ran OK until it got to 81% and then it just stayed there, so I ended up shutting off the machine and restarted and it rolled me back to what I had before. I looked in the Event Viewer and I found this... The wrUrlFlt...
  7. 1809 Update Stuck on Initialising

1809 Update Stuck on Initialising: I have an HP laptop (I3 processor 4MB ram - Kaspsersky anti virus turned off for the update currently on Windows Version 1803 - OS17134.471). The 1809 Feature Update has started but my update message has said it is initialising for over three hours. ( I have a very slow...
  8. 1809 update stuck

1809 update stuck: After i upgraded to w10 1809 im stuck at lock screen when i enter the password it keeps loading i can't see the home screen I even try to safe mode buy pressing shift and restart but nothing happens all it's does is loading...
  9. keep getting stuck at windows update 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keep getting stuck at windows update 1809: hi joydeep sir when i am check for windows update in 1809 i am getting stuck and keep saying check for update but no update are showing or getting install....
  10. Copying new files stuck at 83%

Copying new files stuck at 83%: Hey everyone. I got my free upgrade to Windows 10 and I tried installing it. But it got stuck at 24%, copying new files 83%. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. Thank you 9849