Windows 10: Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by holter101, Oct 6, 2018.

1. holter101 Win User

Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

Hello,

As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809.

The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with desktop shortcuts./start/taskbar pins etc.

However whilst trying to work from home, logging into the laptop seems to ignore the cached profile and recreates a fresh profile as if I was a new user on the laptop (ignoring all group polices both user/computer that have been applied to the laptop)

Believing this may have been a glitch, when I returned to site I removed all instances of my profile from both C:\Users and the registry. Created a fresh profile and re-customised with shortcuts etc. Yet once again whilst at home, it has logged me in with a fresh user profile!

We do not use roaming profiles within our domain, also to note there are no error messages appearing saying "logging in with temp profile"

Any ideas what this issue could be? We have circa 700 laptops that we are planning on upgrading to this feature update, most are remote users so as you can imagine if it creates fresh user profiles whilst they switch from being onsite to offsite this is not acceptable!!

Best Regards,

Jon

:)

holter101, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

Kari, Oct 6, 2018
  3. JonFrey Win User
    Windows 10 domain account - The User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

I have a newly upgraded Windows 10 professional laptop, upgraded from Windows 7 Pro.

The system is part of a local domain, controlled by a 2008R2 server.

The administrator account, which was used during the upgrade process works fine. However, we receive this error when trying to log on any other domain based account. All of the other accounts that we are attempting to log in with were not in use on this
    system before the upgrade, so there is no possibility of a corrupt user profile.

From a command prompt, I can ping the DC and domain name. The system retrieves Group Policy with no issues.

I have read other fixes for this issue, but they all seem to apply to non-domain based systems where a prior existing user profile existed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JonFrey, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Upgrading on an install with user profile issues

Hi Nazee,

If there are any system file corruption in User profile or Operating system the issue might continue in Windows 10 too. Hence I suggest you to follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested to repair user profile corruption and then
    upgrade to Windows 10. Or you may also clean install Windows 10 by deleting all settings and system files.

Note: If you want to Clean install Windows 10 I suggest you to take backup of files and folder.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

Also refer the links below for more information to upgrade to Windows 10.

Windows 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-10-specifications

Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-to-windows-10-faq

Do let us know if profile issue is resolved. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue - Similar Threads - 1809 Upgrade Domain

2. upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile: Good morning everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. the pc is in domain and is used by users with domain profile but with local profile data the procedure comes to the end and install windows 11 pro. If I log in with users who already had access to the...
  3. upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade windows 10 pro to windows 11 - domain user profile: Good morning everyone, I'm trying to upgrade from windows 10 pro to 11 pro. the pc is in domain and is used by users with domain profile but with local profile data the procedure comes to the end and install windows 11 pro. If I log in with users who already had access to the...
  4. How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove Win 10 from domain and make domain user profile into a local user profile?: Hi, I have an environment with 10 clients that run Windows 10 Pro and I have a Synology DS918+ that runs as a Domain ControllerSynology Directory Server just as Active Directory. The clients have been joined to the domain and there exists domain users that have and use...
  5. NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.: I have an issue with the profile on my PC. My PC is part of a domain and each time it starts it loads my profile and group policy. A month ago I added myself to a group in AD called 'terminal servers' as I was planning on setting up remote access. This group is used for our...
  6. 1809 Profile service error in domain computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    1809 Profile service error in domain computer: Hi We are deploying windows 10 Pro 1809 and have issues with DOMAIN users . Can't login, error with the User Profile service. We have 8000 + computers to image. What is the solution for this? no issues with build 1803 with the same users ***Moved from category: Windows...
  7. Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'?: Wasn't there recent 'fix' added for profile redirection? There is obviously something wrong with how the User Profiles are created with Windows 10 - why are dummy profiles being created just to refresh a language pack installation that gets corrupted during the 1803 - 1809...
  8. Windows 10 domain user issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 domain user issues: Hey, I have had nothing but issues getting a Windows 10 Pro machine to work within a 2011 SBS environment. I have had issues with the firewall, which is now totally shutdown; it was preventing network applications from installing. It was just the domain element of the...
  9. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with desktop...
  10. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935