Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 upgrade: Unable to add input text from keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 upgrade: Unable to add input text from keyboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Edition Windows 10 Pro Version: 1809 OS Build: 17763.195. HI All, After upgrading Windows OS, we are facing issue .Below are the details.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prashant Srivastava, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1809 upgrade: Unable to add input text from keyboard

Edition Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1809

OS Build: 17763.195.

HI All, After upgrading Windows OS, we are facing issue .Below are the details.

scenario : Windows Application> users are not able add any text input inside the div element from Keyboard. However when user is clicking outside and then again click inside the div, text is getting added to the div area.

NOTE :Same scenario is working fine with previous version 1709 & 1803.

:)

Prashant Srivastava, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 1809 upgrade: Unable to add input text from keyboard

A closer look at Windows 10's new text input canvas

Read more: A closer look at Windows 10s new text input canvas

Brink, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 upgrade: Unable to add input text from keyboard

1. Windows 10 1809 upgrade: Unable to add input text from keyboard - Similar Threads - 1809 upgrade Unable

2. Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only": I am trying to add this keyboard, but the option is greyed out for some reason. I have tried to remove and reinstall both the language and the input method, but nothing seems to make it work.It was like this when I first installed this input method, but it worked fine and...
  3. Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add keyboard: "Input Method Editor Desktop Only": I am trying to add this keyboard, but the option is greyed out for some reason. I have tried to remove and reinstall both the language and the input method, but nothing seems to make it work.It was like this when I first installed this input method, but it worked fine and...
  4. Can not add keyboard, Keyboard input methods are lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not add keyboard, Keyboard input methods are lost: Please help me, keyboard input methods are lost[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-add-keyboard-keyboard-input-methods-are/4e8372a5-f07d-4118-9864-51df928d153e
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade from 1809 to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade from 1809 to 1909: I am having massive issues trying to get my laptop to upgrade. It runs slow. I have run a disk check and repair and it said it repaired some corrupt files. I tried to do a PC reset, which failed. I ran a Windows Defender full scan which took over 14 hours and found...
  6. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 1803 to 1809 using Update Assistant

Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 1803 to 1809 using Update Assistant: I am trying to upgrade build 17134.441 to 1809 using the Update Assistant. The downloading and installing goes fine, then I get the restart countdown of 30 minutes during which I restart and then I get a screen saying, upgrade 'Your PC will restart several times.' It all...
  7. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 1809

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 1809: Split from this thread. I have the exact same issue. It gets to 15% and restarts, then starts with "undoing changes", then boots normally into 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-to-windows-10-1809/9a504d80-d7b8-4fef-8838-0c92325f23a1
  8. [Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Windows 10 1809] Remove keyboard input language: Hi I need your help please. I would like to remove a keyboard language, as it sometimes automatically switches to it, namely CS:GO and Overwatch. I don't want that ; suddenly keys don't work and when I type something a few keys are different. It installed with CS:GO -...
  9. Unable to upgrade windows to 1809 from 1803

Unable to upgrade windows to 1809 from 1803: Hi there, I am attempting to upgrade to the newest version of windows ( 1809 ) since it is important to my work. I have attempted using the update assistant but it says there is no available update. My system is currently running windows 10 pro Version 10.0.17134 Build...
  10. Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not taking input from Keyboard: Everything worked fine yesterday on my HP computer. Today, the mouse works and I can press any key on the keyboard to wake the computer or make it bring up the login screen. However, when I type my password or PIN the letters do not enter on the screen but the 'enter' key...