Windows 10: Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required.

Discus and support Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After cumulative update January 2019 of win 10 ver 1809, the computer does recognize wake up events from sleep (Before the Jan 2019 cumulative update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by opticslb, Feb 12, 2019.

1. opticslb Win User

Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required.

After cumulative update January 2019 of win 10 ver 1809, the computer does recognize wake up events from sleep (Before the Jan 2019 cumulative update it could wake up from keyboard press, mouse click or even by remote desktop trigger from LAN). I confirmed that that the wake up from keyboard and mouse were still enabled in control panel, and even tried to do remote desktop login to wake up from sleep but all to no avail.

This is definitely an issue from the January 2019 cumulative update because the ver 1809 update installed in December 2018 worked fine.

My temporary work around is to disable the sleep function from the desktop and leave it on all the time but this is wasteful of electricity.

:)

opticslb, Feb 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 (1809) freezes after waking from sleep

Hi,

This Windows 10 (1809) is really a troublemaker.

I make my surface book 2 computer sleep by the power button and Windows Start > Power > Sleep. When I wake it up, it freezes. I have to restart for each time because I cannot use it after wake up.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you

Ümit Güneş, Feb 12, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required.

Windows 10 won't wake up from prolonged sleep (or hibernate or shutdown) conditions

Regarding your concern with Windows 10 not waking up after prolonged sleep, we suggest that you perform these steps:

• Go to Control Panel > Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings for Power saver.
    • Click Change advanced power settings > Restore plan defaults >
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required.

1. Windows 10 1809 will not wake up from sleep, restart always required. - Similar Threads - 1809 wake sleep

2. Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL 10eHello everyone,I have recently built a brand new custom PC and every time I put my computer to sleep, and attempt to wake it up, it crashes. I don't see any BSOD as my monitors are off but it reboots as if starting from shutdown. Things I...
  3. Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop crashes and restart on wake up from sleep: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL 10eHello everyone,I have recently built a brand new custom PC and every time I put my computer to sleep, and attempt to wake it up, it crashes. I don't see any BSOD as my monitors are off but it reboots as if starting from shutdown. Things I...
  4. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  5. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  6. BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep

BSOD and Restarts when waking up from sleep: For the last two weeks or so I've been getting BSOD/restart when I wake up my PC from sleep. I built the PC myself so here are the components: - Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition- RAM: G.Skill...
  7. Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 not requiring upon waking up from sleep: As of a few days ago, Windows stopped asking me for a password when the computer wakes up from sleep. Basically, I leave my computer and it times out, goes to sleep, and then when I press a key or click the mouse it no longer asks me for my password. How do I fix this?...
  8. Windows Cant wake from sleep and should always be forced restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Cant wake from sleep and should always be forced restarted: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎11/‎01/‎2021 12:01 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: ab Parameter 1: 1 Parameter 2: 6670 Parameter...
  9. Windows 10 - Unable to wake up from sleep or hibernate, system always restart while trying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Unable to wake up from sleep or hibernate, system always restart while trying...: Hi there, After one of the windows update, my laptop just refused to wake up from sleep or hibernate. Every time I tried to do so it always just freeze with a blank screen and then restarted by itself. When I checked the event viewer the source of error is given as...
  10. 1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    1809 not waking up display from sleep sometimes: I have a machine that has developed a peculiar issue only since going to 1809: occasionally when the display (Dell UltraSharp U2713HM) goes to sleep, it won't wake no matter what I do locally or remotely (via RDP or TeamViewer). It's interesting that the most recent patch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 always restarts on wake from sleep

2. windows 10 freezes after sleep mode

3. BIG-IP windows10 1809 sleep freeze

4. windows 1809 will not wake up from sleep,
  5. windows 10 wake from sleep triggers restart,
  6. 1809 windows wont wake from sleep,
  7. windows 1809 wont restart after sleep