Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I manage a number of computers. Checking security status is one of the things that I do. Having a yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FredMarshall, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark

I manage a number of computers. Checking security status is one of the things that I do. Having a yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon means I have to investigate. Recently, the mark has been showing up when, it appears, it's unnecessary AND there's no apparent way to turn it off.

This means we live with it.

Without extensive record-keeping, we have to continually go back and investigate.

That affects our productivity.

This situation give the impression that Microsoft is trying to somehow FORCE certain things to be done and to be done in a way that's acceptable to some minion within Microsoft. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!! You can say that Windows is a Service but I don't believe that gives you the right to force things down our throats! Yet, that's the impression you're giving. Is that *really* the impression you want to give?

We need a solution for both things:

1) Yellow exclamation mark on Defender system tray icon MUST BE MANAGEABLE!

2) Forcing things on Users should really be stopped. There are many examples.

:)

FredMarshall, Aug 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark

I manage a number of computers. Checking security status is one of the things that I do. Having a yellow exclamation mark on the Defender system tray icon means I have to investigate. Recently, the mark has been showing up when, it appears, it's unnecessary
    AND there's no apparent way to turn it off.

This means we live with it.

Without extensive record-keeping, we have to continually go back and investigate.

That affects our productivity.

This situation give the impression that Microsoft is trying to somehow FORCE certain things to be done and to be done in a way that's acceptable to some minion within Microsoft. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!! You can say that Windows is a Service but I don't
    believe that gives you the right to force things down our throats! Yet, that's the impression you're giving. Is that *really* the impression you want to give?

We need a solution for both things:

1) Yellow exclamation mark on Defender system tray icon MUST BE MANAGEABLE!

2) Forcing things on Users should really be stopped. There are many examples.

FredMarshall, Sep 28, 2019
  3. {WM} Win User
    Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark)

Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark 479d0e70-d9b3-4d0f-9906-cdf7c9302fae?upload=true.jpg

Hi, can you please tell me how to suppress the
    yellow triangle with an exclamation mark that appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon (but I only want it suppressed for the
    Family Options recommendations).

I use Trend Micro for my Virus & Threat Protection, and everything else has a nice green tick mark on it (and it says "no action needed") except for Family Options which doesn't have a nice green tick and it says "Manage how your family uses their devices".
    Consequently I end up with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark in the system tray icon for Windows Defender Security Centre which bothers me a lot because I've done all I can to satisfy it so I really believe I should have nice green ticks on everything,
    or at least the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon should be without the warning triangle and exclamation mark.

Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark 8fee4720-c7a1-4a65-a53a-5d01548ab159?upload=true.jpg

I've had a look at tweaking the notification settings, but I can't find anything specific to the Family Options part I'd like taken care of.

Can you help with any additional checks or advice?

4. Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Unexpected Yellow Warning Symbol on Windows Defender in Windows 10 | Alexanders Blog

This shows 3 ways of getting rid of that annoying yellow !

Edit: Was looking everywhere for this fix. Go to virus and threat protection, click on the arrow next to "windows defender antivirus options" and turn periodic scanning on. A pop up will appear, click yes and then you'll see more options appear. Scroll down the list and you'll see an icon with a red X, you should also see a dismiss button next to it. Click on dismiss to get rid of that yellow exclamation mark. You can then turn periodic scanning off. The same pop-up will appear. Click yes, and then you're all set.

Demonlord4lf, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark

1. Windows 10 1903 18632.267 Defender System Tray Icon Yellow Exclamation Mark - Similar Threads - 1903 18632 267

2. Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Yellow Exclamation: The Windows Defender notification icon has the yellow exclamation mark. But, for the life of me I can't find anything wrong. And, of course, Windows doesn't elaborate. Any ideas, James...
  3. Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Wifi icon: I have a problem where everytime I close my lid and open again the yellow triangle appears, however as soon as I turn my Wifi off and on again everything is fine. While this is only a mild problem it is generally quite annoying to have to open my lid and not be already...
  4. Yellow exclamation mark on wifi

Yellow exclamation mark on wifi: Hello, From past 2 days i got yellow exclamation mark on wifi (saying no internet access). I have changed wifi dongle. But problem remains same. I tried everything like resetting network adaptor , some command on command prompt, repair windows with iso file, and at last i do...
  5. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged: Hello! The task bar icon says 'Actions recommended', but no problem found in the Windows Defender security center 'Security at a glance' components. Anyone knows what could have caused this ? 123801
  6. Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems

Windows Defender has yellow exclamation mark - But there are no problems: Title I don't have other computers to put in a family. No option given to disable?? ***Modify title from: Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family Options" ***...
  7. Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray: I have a user (Windows 10 1803) with updated drivers. This user has a yellow exclamation mark showing on his network icon - stating no internet access - but he does have internet access. Now I have come across this problem on 40 of my 80+ workstations. So it is...
  8. Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray

Yellow exclamation mark showing on Network icon in system tray: I have a user (Windows 10 1803) with updated drivers. This user has a yellow exclamation mark showing on his network icon - stating no internet access - but he does have internet access. Now I have come across this problem on 40 of my 80+ workstations. So it is...
  9. Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged

Windows Defender yellow exclamation mark - but no problems flagged: A few days ago I set up a new PC (Windows 10 Professional 64-bit) with Norton as the security provider. The Windows Defender taskbar icon shows a yellow exclamation mark. When I hover over it, the hint says "Actions Recommended": [ATTACH] But when I click the taskbar icon...
  10. Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Security Centre warning icon (yellow triangle with exclamation mark): [ATTACH] Hi, can you please tell me how to suppress the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark that appears in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows Defender Security Centre system tray icon (but I only want it suppressed for the Family Options recommendations)....