Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 and 1909 updates. PC doesn't boot, all I get is a black and blue screen...

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 and 1909 updates. PC doesn't boot, all I get is a black and blue screen... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I do not know what the update is supposed to do. But all it does is ruin my experience with Windows. Frequent Windows updates can be a bit annoying,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anil Goswami 421, May 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 updates. PC doesn't boot, all I get is a black and blue screen...

I do not know what the update is supposed to do. But all it does is ruin my experience with Windows. Frequent Windows updates can be a bit annoying, but atleast they used to be helpful. Until these past few feature updates. Updates that erase your data, cause your system from booting correctly, video issues I assume in my case. First thing I assumed after the update was maybe something in PC malfunctioned. So I did a full system diagnostic test of each component which took half a day. The hardware was fine.

So I assumed it was an update or driver issue. The last restart was for an update. So I searched for "how to safe mode". Got the solution from a source other than this forum. Force shut down my PC twice while Windows was starting to "load". Got the automatic repair screen. Uninstalled the "Quality updates" and reboot and voila my PC is working again.

I tried the update again just to be sure that it was really the issue and not some random mishap. The issue repeated so it was confirmed the issue was the Windows "quality and security update". I had the same issue with update 1909 but atleast that had a disclaimer that Microsoft Windows is trying to get it ready for my system and I can download it if I wanted to check if it works. But the quality updates with 1903 had no such disclaimer and they really should. Please don't send out update notifications and updates in general that are not ready and would do all harm and no good.

I had update issues with another PC where it went on for hours with a flashing screen after the update n I had to force shutdown it. That system reverted to a restore point on its own I guess coz I didn't have to troubleshoot it further.

I do not know how can the reliability of Windows 10 take such a nose dive. Its all over tech and mainstream news. You do not have to churn out updates at a fixed rate if they are broken. Get it right and then. Almost no one looks forward to the monthly quality updates and quarterly feature updates and absolutely no one looks forward to having their functioning PC to malfunction because of a broken update.

"Windows update" has a negative connotations of unreliable, broken and annoying with it now.

:)

Anil Goswami 421, May 31, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 31, 2020
  3. Black screen after updating to 1703

Hi,

A stop error can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. For us to identify the cause of this issue, we suggest that you refer to these articles:

The steps will be viewed once that you've selected the corresponding answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, May 31, 2020
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Windows 10 1903 and 1909 updates. PC doesn't boot, all I get is a black and blue screen...

Blue Screen Errors, Black Screen After Restart

Hello Jonathan,

The Black screen error that you're experiencing might be caused by connection issues with your PC or display, while
    the Blue screen error can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors and blue screen errors. Choose when did you get the error, and follow the instructions provided. Here are the links:

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 and 1909 updates. PC doesn't boot, all I get is a black and blue screen...

1. Windows 10 1903 and 1909 updates. PC doesn't boot, all I get is a black and blue screen... - Similar Threads - 1903 1909 updates

2. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  4. Updating Windows 10 to 1903 and 1909

Updating Windows 10 to 1903 and 1909: I've just restored a maschine - let's call it A - by inserting a new HD because the old one crashed ! I now want to make A as close to another one I have - let's call it B - and the restore B from scratch. I've updated BOTH as much as I could the last days ! Now I...
  5. PC gets blue screen when booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC gets blue screen when booting: I tried starting my PC in the Safe Mode and then performed a Clean Boot. I tried a lot of troubleshooting steps without any help.I know that I can reset PC. Please point me in the right direction. Thank you....
  6. window 1909 update PC will not boot

window 1909 update PC will not boot: after a recent 1909 update done on 6/15, my PC will not boot. Last update done on 5/26 was successful. I have created a boot usb and have tried all the things in the problems reported, but nothing gets past this boot issue. I do have an old backup on a second internal...
  7. Freezes and Black/Blue Screen on Win10 1903

Freezes and Black/Blue Screen on Win10 1903: Hi, my computer will run normally for hours then randomly freeze and the screens will lose input signal and the HDD LED on my case will begin blinking. The computer does not recover, only a hard reboot brings it back. In Reliability Monitor I usually get a Hardware Error and...
  8. Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909

Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909: Windows 10 updates 1903 and 1909 fail every time I try to update my computer. I keep getting the 0x8007000d code. I have tried to update 1903 for months and 1909 for over a week. This is very frustrating! I have gone through trouble shooting but it doesn't help....
  9. Do I need update 1903 to get update 1909?

Do I need update 1903 to get update 1909?: Do I need the feature update 1903 to get 1909? I think I currently have the update 1809. Is this true? see below Why was I never told about 1903? Looks like I've missed a lot of cool features, haha... Here is a screenshot of my update history. I have 1909 scheduled to...
  10. Since updating to 1903, I am getting blue screen crashes.

Since updating to 1903, I am getting blue screen crashes.: I am up to date with all items. 1st I get a RunDLL message: There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dIII The specified module could not be found I have x'd the message & tried clicking on OK with the same result. In about 15-20 seconds it crashes to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does windows 1909 have that windows 1903 doesn;t