Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 - Bare Bones: Edge, OneDrive, Settings - 32GB HDD

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 - Bare Bones: Edge, OneDrive, Settings - 32GB HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got bored while waiting for 18362.113 to be superseded (KB4500109) so I can finish a reference image... and so... I ran: Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeoBeum, May 17, 2019.

1. NeoBeum Win User

Windows 10 1903 - Bare Bones: Edge, OneDrive, Settings - 32GB HDD

I got bored while waiting for 18362.113 to be superseded (KB4500109) so I can finish a reference image... and so...
    I ran:

Code: Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Path C:\MyBuild\mount\OS | Remove-AppxProvisionedPacakge[/quote] Here's the result.

Windows 10 1903 - Bare Bones: Edge, OneDrive, Settings - 32GB HDD [​IMG]

I was looking at removing Content Delivery Manager and Consumer Cloud Experience... but I think chopping the AppxPackages up and removing the advertising will work - as opposed to removing the package completely, as there are alot of other dependencies for those packages.

It's also simple enough to get the essential apps back on to the system... like calculator, and notes.

This image has only 3 apps: Edge, OneDrive and Settings.

It is also installed on a 32GB Drive... which overrides the 32GB > Minimum.

EDIT: I just had a brilliant idea. I'm going to cannibalise Server 2019 components... well... actually the other way around.
    I noticed earlier that the MSU updates were identical. Which means the SKU doesn't exist anymore (it does and it doesn't).... Example: No more Win7/2K08, Win8/2K12, W10/2K16. It's all just Windows 2019.
    I was able to interchange the server and desktop msu at a whim.

:)

NeoBeum, May 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 17, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, May 17, 2019
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 1903 - Bare Bones: Edge, OneDrive, Settings - 32GB HDD - Similar Threads - 1903 Bare Bones

2. No Edge, no OneDrive, just Windows Settings. Inner peace!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Edge, no OneDrive, just Windows Settings. Inner peace!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SevoosMinecraft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bb3agg/no_edge_no_onedrive_just_windows_settings_inner/
  3. windows 10 admin account is being de elevated after bare bones install. No other software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 admin account is being de elevated after bare bones install. No other software...: The user installed windows from a fresh install, and blows away all the drive contents during the process. The user runs through the windows install procedure and installs using the microsoft account interface. Standard install, turning every option off. Nothing installed....
  4. windows 10 admin account is being de elevated after bare bones install. No other software...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 admin account is being de elevated after bare bones install. No other software...: The user installed windows from a fresh install, and blows away all the drive contents during the process. The user runs through the windows install procedure and installs using the microsoft account interface. Standard install, turning every option off. Nothing installed....
  5. windows 10 admin account is being de elevated after bare bones install. No other software...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. migrating windows 10 to bare bones system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    migrating windows 10 to bare bones system: I want to upgrade my system. I am thinking of purchasing a bare bones box and move over all the plug in cards, sound, video along with the disk drive and hard drive. I am running Windows 10 which was part of the free upgrade from Windows 7. This was a academic license as...
  7. New Bare-bones SATA Hard Drive (External) can't get "initialize" window to show on "disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Bare-bones SATA Hard Drive (External) can't get "initialize" window to show on "disk...: New backup hard drive (WD) shows up on "disk management" as "D" but r-click won't produce the "initialize" option -- just properties. Any suggestions why the initialization function fails to surface upon r-click? Is there another way to this option? Tried restarting and...
  8. Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.: Hi, i recently hard reset my PC, before hard resetting my PC i used to crash and get kernel power and kernel PnP errors related to drivers and now even after resetting I still get kernel power errors but these are now accompanied by Kernel-EventTracing errors stating "Error...
  9. Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power Error on bare-bones system.: Hi, yesterday i hard reset my PC after getting frequent kernel power errors followed by Kernel-PnP errors for driver issues; After failing to fix this issue i decided to have a fresh start and now my PC still crashes but has a Kernel-EventTracing error with an event ID 28...
  10. Bare Minimum Settings / Services

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bare Minimum Settings / Services: Hello all, I have an old computer that I have in the garage running Windows 10. It has Opera install and I essentially want to use it to watch BT Sport / Netflix while I am cycling on my exercise bike. I'm having the 100% disk usage problem and started looking for a .bat...