Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeithG_727, May 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...

Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and action centre" is greyed out.

:)

KeithG_727, May 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 Accent Colours Automatically Changing

My accent colour keeps changing.

Every time I open the start menu, the accent changes to bright yellow. With a web browser, it's red. With the windows settings, it's blue.

When I open the taskbar tray, the colour bugs out in such a way that and hovering over icons changes it from whatever colour it was back to yellow. This problem happens irrespective of having the accent colour chosen from my background or not.

I have managed to stop the tray issue by disabling accent colour on start and taskbar, but it's still annoying. I haven't found anything online, mainly because the keywords for my problem just find people just asking how to change the colour in the first
    place.

I do have Classic Shell and OldNewExplorer, however, the problem appeared before ONE, and even after uninstalling CS the problem persists.

System:

Toshiba Satellite Pro A50-C

OS - Microsoft Windows 10 Home - build 10.0.15063.502 - 64-bit - update 1703 (Creators Update)

CPU - i5-6200U

RAM - 8GB

Walter--Plinge, May 25, 2019
  3. personalisation of colours windows 10 - colour doesn't show true because overlaid on black

Windows 10 - not sure what version but upgraded from windows 8.1 on 19th July 2016 and everything is up to date.

Microsoft surface pro 3

When I personalise colours by choosing an accent colour and ask for the colour to show on start, taskbar, action centre and title bar the colour I want does not show true but is very muted. This seems to be because it is overlaid on an underlying 'dark'
    theme where windows shows white text on black background. If I don't show the colour on start, taskbar etc these elements stay black with white text. Making the start, task bar etc transparent doesn't solve the problem.

Please does anyone know how to remove the dark theme (if that's what it is) so that personalised colours show correctly (as they did in windows 8.1)?

microsoftdisplayname, May 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...

The text colour in taskbar changed automatically

Hello Desmond,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

From the description provided, I understand that the Taskbar is not showing correct color compositions.

With default settings, Windows 10 uses black color for Start menu, taskbar and action center.
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and see if it helps in the current situation.

Method 1

Follow the below recommendation in order to set the color composition of your preference.

A. Change the taskbar color to your desired one.

Step 1: Right-click on desktop and then click Personalize option to Personalization section of Settings app.

Step 2: In the left-pane, click Colors to see various settings on the right.

Step 3: On the right-side, turn on the option labelled
    Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center
    . Make sure that the first option labelled
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned
    off

Step 4: Now, under Choose your accent color, click on a tile to select and set it as the color for your taskbar, Start menu and action center.

B. Change the taskbar color to match desktop background.

Step 1: Open Personalization section of Settings app. To do so,
    right-click on desktop and then click Personalize.

Step 2: On the left-side, click Colors.

Step 3: Now, on the right-side, turn on the following options:

• Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    • Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center.

Method 2

Try to find out if you can change the way the Windows Theme looks like.

1. Type in the Search bar Change the Theme

2. Choose any one under Windows Default Themes.

You can also tweak the color and appearance of taskbar, Windows borders and Start Menu.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut, Windows key
    Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and... Windows_Key.png
    +
    I

2. Click on the Personalization.

3. Click on the Color.

4. Choose your color and click on Save changes.

5. The color of the taskbar, window borders and start menu is now changed.

Please write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and...

1. Windows 10 1903 Bug - Show the accent colour on the following surfaces "Start, taskbar and... - Similar Threads - 1903 Bug Show

2. accent color on the following surfaces.

in Windows 10 Customization
    accent color on the following surfaces.: HelloIn my setting, The "accent color on the following surfaces." is off. how can I change this settings? its really bothering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accent-color-on-the-following-surfaces/3fc8ad27-e8d2-4b7c-b996-ab5ea1c863a1
  3. Accent colour does not show on Start Menu tiles.

Accent colour does not show on Start Menu tiles.: As you can see in the screenshot, the preview at the top of the screen shows the start menu should have a grey background with blue accented tiles. However, the accent colour does not show on the start menu tiles, instead everything is grey,I have tried all combinations of...
  4. show accent colour on following surface in not working

show accent colour on following surface in not working: lately, I have facing an issue that windows taskbar colour become a still not changeable Please let me how to make it the right way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-accent-colour-on-following-surface-in-not/07803d24-603e-45e3-b9f3-3ed98dcd07c7
  5. Windows Accent Colour

Windows Accent Colour: I have been trying for days to change my windows accent and taskbar colour in personalization to a custom colour #E09EBB but everytime I change it, it would just revert back to the default grey/blackish colour of the dark mode. I have tried disabling the theme syncs but to no...
  6. Accent colour disabling

Accent colour disabling: Just downloaded the new Bing Wallpaper app, and it changed my accent colour settings to a bright gold colour. I can't find a way to change it back to the default lack of accent colour that I've gotten used to for the past 4 years of using this computer. Is there a fix, or is...
  7. Show accent color on the following surfaces, NOt allowed, grey out

Show accent color on the following surfaces, NOt allowed, grey out: I am using Win 10 2004 not 1903, Alos going to dark mode lets me change the color, but I don't want dark mode and the color goes back to white just as soon as I change to light mode....
  8. "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Show Accent Colour On Taskbar" setting is not saving for themes: Hi, I went to check my desktop themes, and I noticed for some reason, switching to any of my pre-saved themes would change the taskbar to this gross grey colour, despite the fact that I do remember setting each of them to use unique colours. Upon some testing by re-saving new...
  9. Windows 10 version 1903 annoying bug causes colour distortion

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 annoying bug causes colour distortion: A bug in Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) might be distorting graphics or representing colour improperly on some monitors. If the graphics or images are distorted or messed up in some way on your device, it might be because of the Windows 10 version 1903 update....
  10. Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start screen and Taskbar colours after 1903 update: My update to 1903 went through well but I can not now select( the box is greyed out) to get my accent colour on either my task bar or my start screen background. Whilst not essential I was rather partial to the default Microsoft blue!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Show accent color on the following surfaces. not working

2. show highlighted colors on the following surfaces checkboxes not marked

3. windows 1903 color border only

4. In Show accent color on the following surfaces start taskbar and action center is not highlighted so cannot tick the box in settings colors windows 1909,
  5. show the accent colour greyed out,
  6. problems with colours with 1903,
  7. windows 10 1903 change title text colour,
  8. in windows 10 show the accent colour on the following surfaces doe not display,
  9. ancient colour on start taskbar windows 10 1903,
  10. uninstalling 1903 no transparent taskbar,
  11. since updating to win 10 1903 action centre will not open,
  12. choosr acent colour the colour not showingof window 10 1903,
  13. windows 1903 color bnding bug,
  14. windows 10 1903 culler keeps changing on task bar