Windows 10: Windows 10.1903 Build 18362.592 Possible Explorer.EXE memory leak.

Discus and support Windows 10.1903 Build 18362.592 Possible Explorer.EXE memory leak. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have noticed since the last series of patches were installed, explorer.exe has been consuming an inordinate amount of memory. It seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maelstorm.1973, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10.1903 Build 18362.592 Possible Explorer.EXE memory leak.

I have noticed since the last series of patches were installed, explorer.exe has been consuming an inordinate amount of memory. It seems to be connected when I run certain development platforms such as Android Studio where I'm accessing lots of files and folders. Granted, Android Studio consumes anywhere between 1GB-2GB RAM. What is surprising though is that I find that Explorer is consuming as much if not more memory. I end up restarting Explorer which reloads the UI. As a system software engineer myself, I find this possible bug annoying. Can someone take a look at this?

Windows 10 Professional x64 1903 Build 18362.592

Machine is a AMD FX-8350 4GHz 16GB Ram.

:)

Maelstorm.1973, Feb 11, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Possible Memory Leaks in Windows 10

A memory leak occurs when an application closes and fails to release all its RAM back to the operating system.

The first step in dealing with a memory leak is to determine which application is leaking memory.

The next step is to contact that application's technical support with complete details of the memory leak, since the developers will want to fix the problem ASAP.

BulldogXX, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10.1903 Build 18362.592 Possible Explorer.EXE memory leak.

Window's 10 Build 1903 is not updated on system information.

Hi JBrooks,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Windows 10 1903 is build 18362. The system information does not show Windows 10 version. Please check Settings>System>About and under windows specifications, you would see Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.

17763:1809

18362:1903

18363:1909 (probably)

Hope that helps.

Windows 10.1903 Build 18362.592 Possible Explorer.EXE memory leak. 0701cea0-0ad3-4bee-8652-e8bf5a9d5a8e?upload=true.png

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10.1903 Build 18362.592 Possible Explorer.EXE memory leak.

1. Windows 10.1903 Build 18362.592 Possible Explorer.EXE memory leak. - Similar Threads - 1903 Build 18362

2. Windows Explorer Memory Leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Memory Leak: I have multiple PC's and the leak seems to be only one AMD chipset with CPU / GPU combo PC's. I have tried updating windows to the latest. I have tried updating AMD drivers to the latest. I have going onto windows performance mode under advanced settings.I can not pinpoint...
  3. Possible Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Memory Leak?: So I've been running into an issue for quite some time, I've noticed that my non paged pool at times seems way too high. Sometimes a restart fixes this issue but other times it doesn't. From what I have gathered this is most likely a network driver, however I have already...
  4. Possible Memory Leak?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Memory Leak?: So I've been running into an issue for quite some time, I've noticed that my non paged pool at times seems way too high. Sometimes a restart fixes this issue but other times it doesn't. From what I have gathered this is most likely a network driver, however I have already...
  5. Possible Memory Leak?

6. DWM.exe possible memory leak

DWM.exe possible memory leak: Hello,Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dwmexe-possible-memory-leak/55f0bcbe-696c-4ca8-877e-0b67d89e9a72
  7. Memory leak, possible malware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory leak, possible malware: My mom was trying to install TurboTax on the computer I built her this morning, but it was saying she didn't have enough memory (needed 2048 MB). I knew that shouldn't be the case because I installed 8 GB of RAM when I built it. Well, when I looked at the task manager I saw...
  8. Possible Memory Leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Memory Leak: Windows 10 v1809 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1809 from v1803 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for awhile....
  9. Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903

Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903: Recently I started having high memory usage on my systems, since updates to 1809. I went through all the normal steps of virus checking and driver updates even to the point of replacing a video card to afford most recent Nvidia updates. I have one system running 1809 and my...
  10. Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Memory leak on 1809 and 1903: Recently I started having high memory usage on my systems, since updates to 1809. I went through all the normal steps of virus checking and driver updates even to the point of replacing a video card to afford most recent Nvidia updates. I have one system running 1809 and my...