Windows 10: Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer

Discus and support Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a few Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 (with 2019-05 or 06 cumulative update) having an issue where when you use the modern Settings app > Devices >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dashrender1975, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer

I have a few Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 (with 2019-05 or 06 cumulative update) having an issue where when you use the modern Settings app > Devices > Printers & Scanners, when you click on an existing printer, the printer below it does not drop down making space for the the "Open queue" and "Manage" buttons, instead the buttons overlay the lower printer, but won't allow you to click on the buttons, therefore you can't manage the printer.

Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer f17e3df2-3412-478e-aa7c-a9c3581d21ba?upload=true.png

:)

Dashrender1975, Jun 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer

printer problem in Windows 10

Hi Valerie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Inconvenience regretted. Please share the below information:

• What is the make and model of your printer?

• What error message do you get when you try to print?

I suggest you to run print troubleshooter. The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this
    troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the online instructions.

Also update the printer drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.

• Click on device manager.

• Right-click your Printer devices.

• Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer

1. Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer - Similar Threads - 1903 can't manage

2. Can't un-manage Windows 10 (1903) to do window updates -cross post

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't un-manage Windows 10 (1903) to do window updates -cross post: I moved the client to the generic computer OU with minimal policies and restarted - No change Started the windows update service -No change Unjoined the domain - No change Reset all GPO's to "Not configured" -No change I also followed these instructions as closely as...
  3. Windows 10 Home 1903 causing printer issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home 1903 causing printer issues: I work in a Home Health Organization. We have Laptops that we work on. Some days back after some updates from Windows 10 Home, we started having issues with printers. We tried to print a document and we find nothing in printing queue and there is message printing job failed....
  4. Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 1903 CUPS printers issue: Hello, I am new to community and not English native speaker, so bear with me. I have a nice setup at home, printers are connected to Raspberry PI, and have other linux mini PC as driver for them, so I can print from every device in my house. It all worked really well. Up...
  5. Windows 10 version 1903 canon mg5750 printer

Windows 10 version 1903 canon mg5750 printer: Since 1903 was installed on my laptop my canon printer mg5750 has started to print shadow prints on lines 2,3,6,7,8 etc. Not all lines. Printer prints perfectly via wifi from an Ipad. Tried printing wifi from laptop but same problem of occasional shadow lines. Have tried...
  6. windows 10 update on device manager version 1903

windows 10 update on device manager version 1903: Im trying to update my dev ice manager to 1903 but it has stuck at 99%, what should I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-on-device-manager-version-1903/b1129fa8-be11-492a-9232-2cd1e0baccfc
  7. Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader on Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader on Windows 10 1903: Hi all, The Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader UWP app seems incompatible with Windows 10 1903, as it shows a license expiration message when trying to access it. Due to that, i have tried to uninstall it but it seems to stay under the Start Menu programs. Once i try...
  8. Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader on Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader on Windows 10 1903: Hi all, The Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader UWP app seems incompatible with Windows 10 1903, as it shows a license expiration message when trying to access it. Due to that, i have tried to uninstall it but it seems to stay under the Start Menu programs. Once i try...
  9. Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer

Windows 10 1903 can't manage a printer: I have a few Windows 10 Pro x64 1903 (with 2019-05 or 06 cumulative update) having an issue where when you use the modern Settings app > Devices > Printers & Scanners, when you click on an existing printer, the printer below it does not drop down making space for the the...
  10. Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage: Hi to all. I am having an annoing problem with shared printers. The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the printer. The printer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant manage printer

2. manage printers win10 1903 issues

3. windows 10 1903 manage printer

4. windows 1903 printer settings cannot press,
  5. unable to manager printer on windows 1903