Windows 10: windows 10 1903 desktop icons don't respond after awake from hibernation

Discus and support windows 10 1903 desktop icons don't respond after awake from hibernation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyone else have this problem? Nothing happens when I double click on any desktop icon after the computer awakes from hibernation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardNeedelman, Sep 8, 2019.

1. windows 10 1903 desktop icons don't respond after awake from hibernation

Anyone else have this problem? Nothing happens when I double click on any desktop icon after the computer awakes from hibernation.

:)

RichardNeedelman, Sep 8, 2019

2. Desktop Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate Icons

I discovered some time ago a simple means of adding two desktop icons to cover Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. I now use these icons all the time as it avoids using the Start procedure, which I never use at all unless I wish to Restart immediately after shutdown. Even then, I tend to use my desktop icons. Just close the browser, click the desktop icon and it is done.

On your desktop, right click the free space, then click new shortcut, you get a Wizard, copy/paste the command for the location type from one of the below commands (in this case, %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState ). Then click Next. You are asked to give it a title - Standby, Hibernate or Shutdown, I suggest using "Standby/Hibernate", click Finish.

Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
    Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
    Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
    Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Hibernate: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
    I have listed Hibernate for reference only, as the Hibernate desktop icon does not work for systems reasons, Hibernate can only be achieved by manually using the Power Options properties panel.

Use CNTRL+C to copy and CNTRL+V to paste.

Hibernate is automatic if the Hibernate box is checked in the Power Options properties panel. If the box is not checked, then Standby is automatic. You have to select this box to give you the option you want.

Standby is more convenient if you are using the PC constantly, it is a quicker recovery, but has a power trickle. For long periods of absence, use Hibernate, it is much slower in recovering, but effectively shuts your computer down.

The Power options panel is found by Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate.

The two desktop icons created can be changed by Right clicking the icon then Properties>Change icon>Browse>Windows 32>shell32dll>select icon>OK>Apply>OK
    You now have two brand new icons on your desktop for Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. It works a treat.

My icons are :-

windows 10 1903 desktop icons don't respond after awake from hibernation Desktopicons-1.jpg

Bald Eagle, Sep 8, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Sep 8, 2019
  4. windows 10 1903 desktop icons don't respond after awake from hibernation

have windows 10 pro on my desktop. My computer will not awake from hibernation

have windows 10 pro on my desktop. My computer will not awake from hibernation. How can it rectify the problem?

JohnKlebuc, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 1903 desktop icons don't respond after awake from hibernation

1. windows 10 1903 desktop icons don't respond after awake from hibernation - Similar Threads - 1903 desktop icons

2. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  3. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  4. Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation: Basically, whenever I start my computer from hibernation, all of my desktop icons disappear and are replaced with a gray box:Said box is in the top-left corner today. It's always on the left side somewhere along the top or bottom, but never along the side and never floating...
  5. Windows 10 ver 1903 Login After Hibernation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 ver 1903 Login After Hibernation: I have installed Win 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207). I have run Netplwiz and unchecked "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". When I start computer there is no Login screen but when I Hibernate and restart computer I have to login. How can...
  6. Windows 10 1903 - Blue Screen after Hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 - Blue Screen after Hibernation: After installing Windows 10 1903 I started getting Blue Screen after Hibernation. Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. Event Viewer error: Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001. That didn't happen before installing an update. My...
  7. Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Task Scheduler will not awake from hibernation properly: I have task scheduler on my new Win 10 desktop configured to wake from hibernation at a specified time of day. The computer does power up at the specified time and the Windows icon and spinning dots first appear on the screen in a similar fashion to what happens when wake...
  8. my pc awake after sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my pc awake after sleep or hibernation: Hello.I have two annoying problems about one year ago. 1)My laptop awake every day at 3:00 am!!!.I checked automatic maintenance and for sure i set at 12 noon and uncheck option '' allow to awake pc the spesific time''.But the problem...
  9. Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...
  10. awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

awake from hibernate mode on Laptop: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...